How to use a Multimeter - tutorial - KK4WW
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 15, 2012
Multimeter tutorial how to measure voltage, ohms,
current the most important tool to have.
My Computer Blog http://www.microcomputermuseum.com
Subscribe to my Channel David Larsen KK4WW LCF Group - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/lcfgroup
Using a Multimeter - David Larsen taught electronic instrumentation for 31 years at Virginia Tech and the multimeter was the most used measurement tool for home owners, mechanics, technicians, engineers and hobbyist . You can easily measure AC or DC voltage , Current , Ohms, & continuity. Used correctly it is a safe instrument to use however you need to be aware of any dangers in the environment you are working in - Voltage can kill and it does not take a very high voltage to be very dangerous. Any voltage over 10 volts could cause the heart to have problems and voltages in the 100's can easily cause electrocution ---- SO BE CAREFUL and ALERT in using any measuring device.
You also need to know if the multimeter is affecting the measurement and giving you an accurate reading. Measurement errors are discussed in links provided below. In general what you are reading on the meter is useful but you do need to know how close to the real value you see is to the actual value - these errors are a result of the meter accuracy and how much the meter affects the circuit you are measuring.
Most homeowner and hobbyist measurements are useful as you read them on the meter. Technical and scientific folks need to know the measurement error.
Wikipedia is always good http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimeter
Go to our LCF "Electronics Education" playlist for all our tutorials
Here is a PDF that does a good job with lots of detail about digital multimeter http://tinyurl.com/7k7ovjo
Video produced by the LCF Group, ( We are on The Crooked Road Heritage Music Trail and the Round The Mountain Artisan and Craftsman Venue - great place to visit ) Floyd Virginia. The LCF Group consist of David Larsen KK4WW, Gaynell Larsen KK4WWW and Dee Wallace KG4VMI. We operate 'Chantilly Festival Farm' & 'Bugbook Historical Computer Museum' & are all radio amateurs - Directors of "The Foundation for Amateur International Radio Service" ( FAIRS) also located in Floyd Virginia. N4USA is the radio call for FAIRS and we have operated in Dominica as J79WW J79WWW J79VMI. We are members of " The Floyd Amateur Radio Society" FARS. The LCF Group ( 1-540-745-2322 ) The following have activities in Floyd County, Virginia http://www.virginiamountainland.Com http://www.lcfarticles.com http://http://va-mountainland.com http://www.floydcountyvirginia.org http://www.fairs.org http://www.floydfolks.org http://www.microcomputerhistorymuseum... http://www.floydvisitorcenter.com http://www.floydvirginia.org , David Larsen Blacksburg Group, http://floydcounty-va.com ttp://www.floydfuture.com http://www.floydfuture.org http://www.lcfvideo.com h http://floydcountyvirginia.com , http://www.floydcounty.info , Bugbook historical microcomputer museum http://www.bugbookseries.com http://www.bugbookcomputermuseum.com http://www.bugbook-computer-museum.com http://www.bugbook.org http://www.bugbook.us http://www.bugbook.net http://www.bugbooks.info http://www.bugbooks.us , bugbook historical microcomputer museum , Bugbooks , http://www.bugbookseries.com http://www.bugbookcomputermuseum.com http://www.bugbook-computer-museum.com http://www.bugbook.org http://www.bugbook.us http://www.bugbook.net http://www.bugbooks.info http://www.bugbooks.us , bugbook historical microcomputer museum , bugbooks ,http://floydcountyonline.org , http://floydcountyva.org , http://floydcountyvirginia.org , land for sale by owner Floyd County Virginia, Floyds future, http://www.sustainfloyd.org owner financing FSBO , http://floydfolks.net , http://floydfolks.org , bugbook series Blue Parkway http://www.floydtourismdirertory.com http://www.stpierrewoodworking.com http://www.floydcountyvirginia.org Bill St Pierre
Standard YouTube License
- 10:33 Multi-Meter How to for Electronic Cigarette usersby GeekGirlVaper25,697 views
- 4:30 How to check Capacitorsby MrDollarproductions464,050 views
- 8:34 How to Read Schematics & indentify Electronic Components - KK4WWby lcfgroup25,761 views
- 5:01 How to read resistance with an analog multimeter - ohmmeterby The Do It Yourself World22,308 views
- 4:36 THE BEST Multimeter tutorial (HD)by Afrotechmods1,456,962 views
- 4 videos Play all How to use a multimeter for beginnersby mjlorton
- 51:58 EEVblog #75 - Digital Multimeter Buying Guide for Beginnersby EEVblog130,903 views
- 9:16 Tutorial - How To Use A Multimeter For Battery Voltageby Mike T4R4,017 views
- 2:32 How to Use a Multimeterby ActronTools31,550 views
- 3:17 Review: CenTech DMMby Matt Heilman5,174 views
- 3:02 how to use digital multimeterby Mahender Sharma92,713 views
- 5:07 Multi-Meter continuity testby Ultimate Handyman94,696 views
- 2:31 Using a multimeter to check an ac wall outletby Bill Eaglerunner14,236 views
- 10:02 How to measure Voltage, Resistance and Current with a Digital Multi-Meterby rhwebb7321,132 views
- 21:28 Digital Multimeter Tutorial: How to useby CADCAMPLMTraining17,951 views
- 2:24 Multimeterby rvabcs61,812 views
- 5:19 Multi-meter to measure ampsby Ultimate Handyman116,650 views
- 3:23 How to Check an Ignition Coil Pack the easy wayby Wayne Rigley308,921 views
- 7:58 Multimeter Tutorial -Part twoby sunurban6,705 views
- 31:39 INDUCTION MOTOR DIY hack Alternator 40 watt low 800 RPM Neodymium Motor Generator Conversionby GREENPOWERSCIENCE455,972 views