Scott Norwood Missed Field Goal Super Bowl XXV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 1, 2009
Super Bowl XXV 25 Buffalo Bills 19 New York Giants 20
January 27, 1991
The NFC champion New York Giants won their second Super Bowl in five years with a 20-19 victory over the AFC Buffalo Bills.
New York, employing a ball controled offense, possessed the ball for 40 minutes, 33 seconds, a Super Bowl record. The Bills, who scored 95 points in their previous two playoff games leading to Super Bowl XXV, had the ball for less than eight minutes in the second half and just 19:27 for the entire game.
Fourteen of New York's 73 plays came on its initial drive of the third quarter that covered 75 yards and consumed a Super Bowl-record 9:29 before running back Ottis Anderson's one yard touchdown run.
Giants quarterback Jeff Hostetler kept the long drive going by converting three third-down plays; an 11-yard pass to running back David Meggett on third-and-eight, a 14-yard toss to wide receiver Mark Ingram on third and 13, and a 9-yard pass to Howard Cross on third and four to give the Giants a 17-12 lead in the third.
Buffalo jumped to a 12-3 lead midway through the second quarter before Hostetler completed a 14-yard scoring strike to wide receiver Stephen Baker to close the score to 12-10 at halftime. Buffalo's Thurman Thomas ran 31 yards for a touchdown on the opening play of the fourth quarter to help Buffalo recapture the lead 19-17. Matt Bahr's 21-yard field goal gave the Giants a 20-19 lead, then with seonds remaining Buffalo's Scott Norwood had a chance to win the game but his 47-yard field-goal attempt sailed wide right.
Hostetler completed 20 of 32 passes for 222 yards and one touchdown. Anderson rushed 21 times for 102 yards and a touchdown to capture most-valuable-player honors. Thomas totaled 190 scrimmage yards, rushing 15 times for 135 yards and catching five passes for 55 yards.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:38 Scott Norwood misses the fieldgoal of his career.by natesaunders20Featured 21,021
- 4:50 Leonard Marshall knocking Joe Montana out! 1990 NFC Championship game. Giants vs. 49ersby nygiantss 338,625 views
- 1:10 1991 Super Bowl XXV-New York Giants v.s Buffalo Billsby Andy Lance 21,453 views
- 0:47 Ronnie Lott hit on Mark Bavaroby Beau Hewett 210,522 views
- 0:30 STEVE YOUNG AND MATT MILLEN FIGHT DURING MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALLby JayBartelsTV 91,297 views
- 7:44 Wide Right ( Super Bowl XXV )by zhangjianli06 21,124 views
- 52 videos Play all bills ruleby 2coon2
- 0:22 Steve Young's Great Runby rpv173 203,062 views
- 2:40:58 Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - FULL GAME HDby Marcos Cesar 5,916 views
- 1:47 The Music City Miracle (Including proof of the Lateral Pass) (HD)by 1nfam0usEdits 327,213 views
- 9:39 NFL 2k5 - ESPN 25th Anniversary - "Wide Right"by maddenandnfl2k5 11,772 views
- 0:55 Gary Reasons THE HITby Dan McDonald 90,822 views
- 2:54 NFL Top 10 Foul-Ups: Gary Anderson's Missby Captain Silverhart 169,386 views
- 1:16 Roger Craig fumble 1990 NFC Championshipby DaveMeggett 66,894 views
- 3:28 Giants vs Bills superbowl winby NYCparkour 93,433 views
- 1:20 Buffalo Bills WIN Superbowl XXV!!by Buffalo Observer 5,621 views
- Super Bowl XXV 293 videos32
- 1:09 106-yard Missed Field Goal Returned for TDby bgillen3 83,355 views
- 0:45 Gary Reasons fake punt 1990 NFC Championshipby DaveMeggett's channel 43,012 views
- 0:44 Mark Bavaro drags 49erby moontheloon1127 72,246 views
- 2:17 Alex Henery 57 yard field goal - Radio Callby huskeraddict 197,963 views
- 0:36 Matt Bahr Game Winning Field Goal 1990 NFC Championshipby DaveMeggett 35,841 views
- Loading more suggestions...