Minnesota Timberwolves President Chris Wright
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Streamed live on May 20, 2012
Episode #6 of the Social Sports and Entertainment Show with Chris Yates features special guests President Chris Wright, Vice President of Fan Relations Jeff Munneke and the Director of Digital Stategy Bob Stanke from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Chris Wright, Jeff Munneke, and Bob Stanke discussed some of the tactics that are being used today by the Timberwolves and the Lynx to keep them as the leader in social media for the NBA. Two days prior to the show on May 19, 2012 the Timberwolves and Lynx launched the new interactive social media hub called WolvesNation and LynxNation which rewards fans with points and badges the more you interact. It is a cross platform hub so no matter what network you prefer to use you will be able to participate.
01:29 - Chris Yates asks about the release of the first in the NBA social media sites by the Minnesota Lynx and Timberwolves called LynxNation.com and WolvesNation.com. He then continues to ask about how they went from being the pioneers to now the leaders in social media.
04:23 - Jeff Munneke as the Vice President of Fan Relations is asked about what he is doing to engage with the fans to ensure that the fans are getting more out of attending then just the actual game.
05:59 - Ken Troupe asks Jeff Munneke about what kind of build up or buzz he gets from the season ticket holders and fans who are wanting to be part of the Timberwolves "Media Day."
07:13 - Jeff Munneke discusses how during the LinkedIn Ken Troupe also offered some very valuable advice as to how to you Tout.com which the Timberwolves use on a regular basis now during games to further engage with their fans.
12:37 - Chris Yates broaches the topic of how the NFL has been #1 in social media but as of recently the NBA has taken the lead with 180,000 fans on Twitter and Facebook. He then explains his beliefs of how social media can be just as powerful as ESPN or the Fox Network and follows up by asking the Twolves why they think the league has taken such a strong interest in it.
18:33 - Jeff Munneke reveals a plan the Twolves will be releasing to increase fan relations with the players and the players families.
20:10 - Chris Kosmala talks about how the Minnesota Lynx is weaving the 2012 Olympics into the season by holding community events, watch parties, etc. and then asks about how they plan to integrate that into a social media strategy.
24:37 - Allison Bickford asks about the similarities and differences between both the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Minnesota Lynx programs.
26:27 - Chris Wright the President of the Twolves and Lynx joins the show after having technical difficulties.
27:57 - Chris Wright beings to explains the tactics that the Wolves and Lynx are using to create the best interaction between the fans and the team while discussing the importance of using social media to achieve those goals by using statistics to bring his points home.
30:24 - Chris Yates points out how Chris Wright realizes that there is a return on investment within social media.
32:16 - Ken Troupe asks Chris Wright to share some tips on how professional teams can start engaging with their fans in social media. Jeff Munneke follows up on the question discussing events that are relative to the fans other interests such as music, movies, even their pets.
35:46 - Bob Stanke shows a preview of the Lynx Nation website through using a screen share as Chris Yates asks Chris Wright about the difference between television, radio, and newspaper adage versus Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook adage.
39:47 - Ken Troupe asks about the Timberwolves engagement on Pinterest and Jeff Munneke discusses some of the contests that they used Pinterest and Doodle to create.
43:49 - Chris Wright tells how they have a female influence of over 30% of fans. By Jeff Munneke creating an event called "Ladies Night Out" which started with 20 or 30 ladies and by the end of the season had a group of 480 ladies coming out to enjoy the event.
46:57 - Chris Yates has Chris Wright discuss where he got his start in the industry and Mr. Wright then continues to explain how the one-on-one marketing mantra has stayed consistent since he started.
48:35 - Jeff Munneke discusses how Ricky Rubio effects the female influence while he is on and off the court and Chris Wright discusses the statistics behind tweets coming from players on both the TWolves and the Lynx teams.
51:16 - Chris Yates asks for closing comments from both Jeff Munneke and Chris Wright. Jeff explains how he plans to utilize the Google+ Hangouts in the future to interact with fans as well as provide the ticket holders with more engagement with players. Chris Wright encourages others who are the trailblazers in social media to push to get the resources needed to provide the best outcome using social media.
Production by: http://www.huddleproductions.com
Minnesota Timberwolves Social Media: http://www.wolvesnation.com
Minnesota Lynx Social Media: http://www.lynxnation.com
Standard YouTube License
- 23:09 NBA the best slam dunks 2011/2012by Михайло Бояринов5,261 views
- 14:45 1 mai 2012 - Discours de Jean-Marie Le Pen place de l'Opéra à Paris + sous-titresby EasterlEgg7,676 views
- 4:42 La jeunesse de Jean Marie Le Penby debats etpolemiques31,251 views
- 14:16 2013.11.13 NBA Minnesota Timberwolves vs Cleveland Cavaliers Ricky Rubio highlightsby YunYunYun092,565 views
- 23:26 Comment mieux accompagner le projet sportif d'une joueuse ou d'un joueur de tennisby TransFaireTV582 views
- 3:42 A Day in the Life of Ricky Rubio [Subtitled] (01.31.2012)by DejanBodyBackAgain28,900 views
- 6:11 Investice do zlataby KFPvideo2,177 views
- 5:23 Timelapse Movie of the Construction of the Antrim 49 sailing yacht, Rapid Transitby LBenai39,748 views
- 13 videos Play all Politikaby hjarka12345
- 6:00 Episode 7: Harlem Ambassadors Basketball Team Goes Green!by GoldenFuelSystems9,601 views
- 4:32 Matthew Wright Sunday Night Part 2.movby The Fordham Company7,197 views
- 2:40 SPL UK Event - Barun's Entry with Sanayaby nazoo2526,815 views
- 3:53 Lynx met een konijn.by EntingFilms1,473 views
- 0:32 Ricky Rubio Signing Autographs In LA - iFolloSports.comby iFollosports3,791 views
- 4:19 Matthew Wright on Sunriseby The Fordham Company5,059 views
- 10:31 Ricky Rubio Story (Documentary in English)by DejanBody2010166,949 views
- 4:13 the MINNESOTA ACCENT CHALLENGE!!!by Tyler Rossmann49,759 views
- 27:46 Intérieur Sport : Seul au monde (Kilian Jornet) sur Canal + (les coulisses du sport 1)by SportPlanete271,040 views
- 4:19 2004 Chevy Trailblazer Air conditioner Defrost P0106 How To Fixby briansmobile134,610 views
- 9:12 NCAA Wrestling National Championships Division 1 David Taylor vs. Brandon Hatchettby MrCorey0728101,802 views