Leading@Google: Susan Cain
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 8, 2012
At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking, reading to partying; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over brainstorming in teams. Although they are often labeled "quiet," it is to introverts that we owe many of the great contributions to society--from van Gogh's sunflowers to the invention of the personal computer.
Passionately argued, impressively researched, and filled with indelible stories of real people, Quiet shows how dramatically we undervalue introverts, and how much we lose in doing so. Taking the reader on a journey from Dale Carnegie's birthplace to Harvard Business School, from a Tony Robbins seminar to an evangelical megachurch, Susan Cain charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal in the twentieth century and explores its far-reaching effects. She talks to Asian-American students who feel alienated from the brash, backslapping atmosphere of American schools. She questions the dominant values of American business culture, where forced collaboration can stand in the way of innovation, and where the leadership potential of introverts is often overlooked. And she draws on cutting-edge research in psychology and neuroscience to reveal the surprising differences between extroverts and introverts.
Perhaps most inspiring, she introduces us to successful introverts--from a witty, high-octane public speaker who recharges in solitude after his talks, to a record-breaking salesman who quietly taps into the power of questions. Finally, she offers invaluable advice on everything from how to better negotiate differences in introvert-extrovert relationships to how to empower an introverted child to when it makes sense to be a "pretend extrovert."
This extraordinary book has the power to permanently change how we see introverts and, equally important, how introverts see themselves.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:10 The Secret Power Of Introverts: A Quiet Revolutionby ForbesFeatured 53,595
- 1:03:54 Leading@Google: Deepak Chopraby Talks at Google 51,567 views
- 58:46 Leading@Google: Stuart Diamondby Talks at Google 36,234 views
- 1:12:38 Authors@Google: Neil deGrasse Tysonby Talks at Google 220,962 views
- 56:01 Sports at Google: Jeff Galloway, "Run Injury Free"by AtGoogleTalks 7,898 views
- 46:38 Meet the Author: Susan Cain at Darien Libraryby darienlibrary 2,597 views
- Extraversion and introversion 2,287 videos41
- 2:15 Faking it: How introverts succeedby CNN 78,184 views
- 4:12 Introvert vs Extrovert: A glimse into the challenges of an Introvertby dhertle1's channel 79,596 views
- 20 videos Play all Personalitytypes : Introverts vs Extrovertsby ReverendMotherISIS
- 13:12 TEN MYTHS ABOUT INTROVERTSby Jovan14606 32,963 views
- 3:54 Five Questions with... Susan Cainby Wobi 1,484 views
- 58:29 Susan Cain & Kaja Perinaby StrandBookStore 855 views
- 8:40 Susan Cain On Strombo: Full Interviewby TheHour 6,325 views
- 9:12 The Introvert Advantageby KeepItAllNatural 32,042 views
- 2:33 Susan Cain - Quietby Matthew Clacher 2,115 views
- 6:53 The Power of Introverts - Ep 1 - Susan Cainby dwlFilms 17,392 views
- 4:58 Confessions of an Introvertby FemCentral's channel 19,624 views
- 21:04 Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you areby TEDTalks 1,177,518 views
- 3:01 Dating 101 for Introvertsby Simone Smith 26,638 views
- 9:10 Can Introverts Lead?by Harvard Business Review 39,492 views
- 7:20 Introverts and Extroverts -- Not good enough for the workplace!by Melissa Nadia Viviana 2,987 views
- Loading more suggestions...