China's "Internet Special District"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 22, 2011
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/cnforbiddennews
Like us on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/chinaforbidde...
Several major cities are developing "cloud districts"
to gain market share of cloud computing technology.
Chongqing set up the first "Internet Special District".
It is claimed that in this district, users can freely visit
foreign websites by bypassing censorship and GFW.
However, this district is only open to foreigners.
Will "cloud districts" attract foreign investments?
Will foreigners trust the Chinese cloud computing?
Chongqing announced in March to establish an
"international offshore cloud computing special district"
in Two Rivers Area. It will take up 10 square km.
It has a ground-breaking new regulatory mechanism.
The city hopes to seize business opportunities
regarding Internet cloud computing services.
Voice of America asked a few Americans whether
they are willing upload info into the Chinese "cloud".
Andrew Schenkel of Washington, DC, said, "unlikely".
He doesn't trust the Chinese regime for its censorship.
The regime manipulates various things.
It's difficult to find out what really took place.
Damon Williams of Florida believes that
it is just a handy way to help the regime's hackers.
Chinese author Anti quoted a statement on Twitter:
"The Cloud Computing District is probably a trap.
Who dares to store information there?"
Regarding the claims that the network of special district
directly connects to the Internet by bypassing GFW
and without the regime's censorship, and therefore
it only serves the foreign companies in China,
Radio Free Asia (RFA) commented that the regime's
strict control over the Internet is known by all.
As Chinese netizens and companies cannot enjoy
the rights to Internet info and freedom, they call this
the modern version of "Chinese and dogs not allowed",
which once appeared in foreign settlements in China.
Netizens say that the regime should be ashamed.
Little Tree/Xiaoshu (blogger in Changsha, Hunan):
If foreign websites are corrupted, then you shouldn't
set up a special district to let foreigners visit them.
If they visit foreign websites, isn't that bad for them?
If these websites are not spiritual opium,
and if they are not hazardous to us,
why wouldn't they let the Chinese visit them?
Little Tree believes that if the special district allows
interaction with oversea internet without censorship,
then they don't need a district at the first place.
This is a basic right. It should be open to all Chinese,
as opposed to special districts or designated people.
As per RFA, Southern Weekend website first revealed
Chongqing's "Internet Special District" in its article
"Chongqing's ''Cloud District:'' A Land without GFW".
This "trouble-seeking" article was later removed.
NTD reporters Tang Rui and Bo Ni
Standard YouTube License
- 51:21 Indian Democracy, Chinese Autocracyby The Agenda with Steve Paikin54,007 views
- 10:56 China's Unknown Mega City of Chongqing 1 of 2 - BBC Our World Documentaryby RuniTravel161,709 views
- 5:43 China developing un-manned aircraftby australianetworknews7,295 views
- 49:34 Louis CK, Seinfeld, Chris Rock and Ricky Gervais - Talking Funnyby dezphox545,774 views
- 2:25 Three Gorges Dam Operator Plans Four More Dams on Yangzi Riverby NTDTV18,699 views
- 59:58 LOUIS CK - CHEWED UP - (16+) STAND UP COMEDYby Jack McLaughter1,109,356 views
- 1:03:05 Louis CK - Live At Carnegie Hallby Bryan Ellis322,315 views
- 18:14 Henry Kissinger: Toward a US-China 'Community'by Asia Society2,153 views
- 49:33 Talking Funny - HBOby Ken Jones863,203 views
- 3:59 China Blocks Google's Gmail [MIRROR]by mmaghfai128 views
- 1:16:50 Introduction to Cloud Computingby Eli the Computer Guy333,014 views
- 1:01:57 Cloud Computing 101by TrainSignal40,411 views
- 7:10 The Three Ways to Cloud Computeby ExplainingComputers149,512 views
- 9:35 China's Growing Painsby forbes1,212 views
- 7:18 Silicon Valley Chinese Engineers Association 2010 Annual Conference Highlightsby myvedio2010694 views
- 3:31 Cloud Landed in Kuwaitby Ronnie Arricivita9,367 views
- 1:02:44 Louis CK - Live at The Beacon Theater HDby dezphox2,082,947 views
- 1:23:40 Louis CK - Hilarious (Subtitulado español)by Julián Dalla Bella935,995 views
- 4:45 Cloud Computing: What is Cloud Computing?by microsoftlearning119,519 views
- 10:35 What is cloud computing anyway?by catechnologies45,319 views
- Loading more suggestions...