PWA Cabo Verde 2008 Part 3/3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 18, 2008
Tonix Pictures GmbH
D - 24103 Kiel
The final 8 players are carved-out as the double elimination goes critical
No waves at Ponta Preta meant the contest went mobile, shifting over to a remote spot called 'Little Ho'okipa', where a decent wind swell was breaking over a shallow reef.
25-minute heat duration was set with the best 2 waves counting and the best 2 riders advancing at a time.
The action was hot once again and competition was tight for spots in every following heat.
Trialist Kai Katchadourian (Quatro / Simmer), a regular Cabo Verde visitor, showed his knowledge of the islands breaks today.
The American survived a tough encounter against Scott McKercher (Starboard / Severne), John Skye (F2 / Naish) and Ross Williams (Tabou / Gaastra) before getting on a roll to reach the top 8.
This limited 32-man event had a cutthroat qualifying contest and some of those entrants have shown great hunger to advance far in this competition.
Amongst them, Frenchman Jean-Baptiste Caste showed great skill to secure his top 16 finish after climbing the ladder impressively so far.
Things got serious in the third round when more top names fell by the wayside.
2007 season runner-up Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / Simmer) and former world champion Kevin Pritchard (Starboard / Gaastra) were axed by fiery performances from Thomas Traversa (Tabou / Gaastra), and Marcilio Browne (Mistral / Gaastra) -- the reigning freestyle world champ.
Traversa shone brightly with his radical vertical riding style, which that saw him launch tweaked airs and show aggressive gouging of the steep head-to-half mast-high wave faces.
And Browne pulled a perfect air taka and looks set to fulfill another prophecy to reach the top of the wave sailing rankings.
But the star of the day had to Alex Mussolini (RRD / NeilPryde) who threw some massive high Goytas landed back onto the wave, and clocked a 9.0 for a Goyta and big aerial back-to-back on the same ride.
Fading light and wind meant the final 6 heats must wait until tomorrow before we can produce an event winner.
The forecast is for more wind swell and a larger ground swell towards the weekend, but the outlook for wind to come with it is not so positive.
Skippers' meeting is at 10.00 tomorrow at Ponta Preta but it's almost a given that we'll be moving to another spot once again.
You can follow every stroke of action at www.pwaworldtour.com
Standard YouTube License
- 3:14 PWA Cabo Verde 2008 Part 2/3by Tonix Pictures GmbH9,888 views
- 3:03 PWA Cabo Verde 2008 Part 1/3by Tonix Pictures GmbH5,094 views
- 4:00 The PWA Gran Canaria Pozo 2008 Day 4by Tonix Pictures GmbH6,498 views
- 3:43 The PWA Gran Canaria Pozo 2008 Day 2by Tonix Pictures GmbH13,970 views
- 44:53 Noticia de Cabo Verde(Praia only) resumo de 2011-2012 e uns 2 o 3 d 2013by Gilson Pires74,283 views
- 12:27 Neuza feat Michel Montrond - Live in Praia (Cape Verde) - Trabessado (7/9)by Lusafrica5,743 views
- 9:49 PWA Worldcup Pozo 2008by tombrendt16,779 views
- 8:57 PWA wave Pozo 2009by umipictures14,690 views
- 62 videos Play all Sailingby michaelnanfito
- 8:53 Thomas Traversa F3by adrienpamela11,774 views
- 5:32 J39 WINDSURF TOUR BAJA MEXICO 2006by Motoki Mizoguchi9,306 views
- 5:03 JP Cabo Verde 2008by jphenne17,260 views
- 3:51 freestyle sessionby laurent1113011,194 views
- 21:16 Robby Naish Windsurfingby 13Windsurf61,193 views
- 3:38 Alex Mussolini Hookipaby Graham Ezzy11,476 views
- 4:18 Josh Angulo windsurf & surf in Ponta Preta (Cabo Verde)by Jim-Box130,928 views
- 8:53 Cape Verde 2by stanfordcreative18,293 views
- 5:11 Marcilio Browne BRA-105by Stefano Bonessi17,420 views
- 4:58 flexyart contortion at christmas eve. deep backbend closeupsby flexyart946,210 views
- 3:05 CABO VERDEby capsy03455,604 views