Portal: Terminal Velocity
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 11, 2012
IF YOU LIKE THE VIDEO, PLEASE VOTE FOR IT AS BEST WEBCUTS BY JUNE 4th 2013, I WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANK YOU.
SEE THE NEW BEFORE & AFTER SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON OF PORTAL: TERMINAL VELOCITY, HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeCrLZ...
UPDATE! (Jun 27 2012)
The video has been updated since I first posted it, but I'm not able to simply replace videos on Youtube, so if you want to watch the corrected version, here's the link to the Vimeo version: https://vimeo.com/43800150 . A very simple mistake on my part that I should've caught, and you probably wont even notice. Since many of you are trying to figure out the mistake, it happens during the falling section when he is looking down, about 1:43. Instead of the camera being in right hand, it is in the left hand instead. The footage was flipped in post by accident, and I did not realize it after the fact. The footage is on a 2D card in 3D space, and in 3D space where looking up at the 2D footage from behind, so there fore it appears reversed. (Make sense)? AE guys should understand.
My interpretation of what a real Portal gun would be like if one existed. Based on the video game, Portal. I tried to match the game as close as possible. This was not done by any large company or a VFX team, but merely just by myself as a hobby. This was the most challenging project I have ever undertaken, consisting of 3D tracking, seamless camera cuts and 3D camera projection. ENJOY! The Visual Effects.
Breakdowns will follow so watch for that.
For those of you that think the gun is a physical prop you can buy, well.....sorry to break the news to you, but it's entirely CG. The 3D Portal gun was replacing/covering up a painted up coffee can with tracking markers. Here's a 3D turntable of the model, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdj47...
For anyone that wants to know the song used: Snakes On The Take - Freeplaymusic.com
Autodesk Maya - Modeling/ lighting
Zbrush - Texturing
PFTrack - 3D tracking
After Effects - to composite
HDR shop - to capture High Dynamic Range images for 3D lighting/ Refections
Trapcode Particular - for particles
Standard YouTube License
- 4:38 A Real Portal Gunby Mike McMullanFeatured 208,457
- 12:56 Portal Conspiracy - Who Or What Is Chell? And Moreby RightHandARama's channel 764,439 views
- 9:11 Portal 2: The history of Portalby EAinsider 394,850 views
- 14:41 Aperture: Lab Ratt (A Portal Short Film)by syntheticph 575,710 views
- 17:40 Gmod PORTAL Mod!by VenturianTale 40,824 views
- 7:04 Cheap Portal Gun: DIYby Indy Mogul 333,691 views
- 3:49 Thinking With Portals: An Experimental Machinimaby WarpedMindDogma 855,312 views
- 1:21 Aperture Science Handheld Portable Device Demo Reviewby NECAHQ 171,720 views
- 5:36 Fun Ways to die in Portalby StarongBahd 894,048 views
- 5:12 Things in Slow Motion (compilation)by Ben Good 17,193,848 views
- 63 videos Play all Portal stuffby PrincessAirionna565
- 4:09 Portal: A Day in the Life of a Turret (Machinima)by Machinima 5,193,906 views
- 12:46 Portal 2: Final Boss, Ending, Credits Song [HD]by GameXplain 2,146,822 views
- 3:41 Portal Gun Unboxingby GameSpot 69,830 views
- 2:15 Real Life Portal Gunby MD2 Studios 68,197 views
- 1:57 Portal 2 Coop Trailer HDby MahaloVideoGames 774,372 views
- 3:17 [♪] Portal 2 - This Is Apertureby Harry101UK 4,215,656 views
- 3:20 Portal In Real Lifeby 2rockintwins 41,832 views
- 6:33 Poker Night 2 - Steeve says Hehooo! Claptrap and GLaDOS from Portalby PC-Gamer Channel 33,656 views
- Portal 322,783 videos1K
- 1:21 Portal Pranksby Final Cut King 1,144,840 views
- 7:00 Iron Man Mark IV Progressby Jason Craft 8,546 views
- Loading more suggestions...