Uploaded on May 11, 2007
Bulgogi is a famous korean dish made with marinated sliced beef. In this video, I make Bulgogi stew using marinated bulgogi and some vegetables.
2 pounds of tenderloin beef, soy sauce, sugar, honey, garlic, pear, onion, sesame oil and seeds, 1 can of beef broth, mushrooms, carrot, green onions, tofu, onion, and green chili pepper.
1. Make marinade sauce for 2 pounds of beef by mixing following: ½ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup sugar, 12 cloves minced garlic, 1 medium size onion (crushed), 1 small size of Asian pear (crushed), ½ cup of water (can be replaced with cooking wine), and 1 tbs of honey.
*tip: Using a food processor is very convenient.
2. Prepare a large stainless bowl and pour the marinade sauce in it.
3. Slice the beef thinly, against the grain, to make it tender.
*tip: Keep the beef in the freezer for a few hours beforehand, then it will be easier to cut.
4. Place the sliced beef into the marinade and add 1 or 2 tbs of sesame oil and some toasted sesame seeds. Mix it by hand and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
5. After 3 hours, you can grill the meat on charcoal bbq, broil it in oven, or grill it on pan.
"Bulgogi stew (bulgogi jungol)"
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings):
marinated bulgogi (the recipe from above), mushrooms, green onions, tofu or noodles, and green chili pepper.
1. Prepare a big shallow skillet. Place colorful vegetables (mushrooms, carrot, and green onions cut into bite-size pieces) round the outside with tofu, and place the bulgogi in the center.
2. Cut up a green chili pepper and place it on top of the bulgogi on the skillet.
3. Mix 1 can of beef broth and 1-2 cans of water and add on the skillet.
4. Close the lid and cook it about 5 -10 minutes. Open it to spread the bulgogi around, and then close the lid again
5. Cook another 5-10 minutes over high heat and serve it.
*tip: To eat it, use a serving spoon or dipper to fill individual bowls of the stew.