Valentina Cervi and PierFrancesco Favino discuss Miracle At St. Anna and Breaking Stereotypes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 24, 2008
MIRACLE AT ST. ANNA
A deeply inspiring story that transcends national boundaries,
race and class to touch the goodness within us all
Miracle At St. Anna is a gripping World War II epic that chronicles the story of four African American soldiers who are members of the US Army as part of the all-black 92nd Buffalo Soldier Division stationed in Tuscany, Italy, during World War II. They experience the tragedy and triumph of the war as they find themselves trapped behind enemy lines and separated from their unit after one of them risks his life to save an Italian boy.
Directed by Spike Lee from a screenplay written by James McBride, the author of the acclaimed novel of the same name, the film is produced by Lee, Roberto Cicutto and Luigi Musini. Executive producers are Jon Kilik and Marco Valerio Pugini. The director of photography is Matthew Libatique and the production designer was Tonino Zera. Barry Alexander Brown is editor and Carlo Poggioli served as costume designer. Internationally renowned jazz trumpeter, bandleader and composer Terence Blanchard created the score. Miracle At St. Anna is presented by Touchstone Pictures in association with On My Own and RAI Cinema.
Its a World War II film brutal and gruesome -- a mystery that deals with historic events and the stark reality of war, says Director/Producer Spike Lee. But its also a story of compassion and love. Theres a very lyrical, magical, mystical element to it.
Lee says he was a fan of the story from the moment he read McBrides novel. I called him up and told him I would like to make this into a film, says the director. I became a student of World War II, a student of the Buffalo soldiers, in particular the 92nd Infantry Division.
James introduced me to several of the surviving Buffalo soldiers whom he met and interviewed for the novel, Lee continues. They saw things that you would not want anybody to see -- the horrors of war: moments that they still think about, still dream about, still wake up in a sweat about.
Lee assembled a culturally diverse cast for the film. This is an ensemble piece, he says. There are the four core Buffalo soldiers, of course, but the whole cast consists of American actors, great Italian actors, great German actors everyones speaking their native tongue, too, which I really think makes it feel authentic.
DEREK LUKE - (Aubrey Stamps)
MICHAEL EALY - (Bishop Cummings)
LAZ ALONSO (Hector Negron)
OMAR BENSON MILLER - (Sam Train)
PIERFRANCESCO FAVINO - (Peppi The Great Butterfly)
VALENTINA CERVI - (Renata)
JOHN TURTURRO - (Detective Antonio Tony Ricci)
JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT - (Tim Boyle)
ALEXANDRA MARIA LARA (Axis Sally)
LUIGI LO CASCIO (Old Angelo)
Director: Spike Lee
Screenplay: James McBride (based on novel of the same name)
Producers: Spike Lee, Robert Cicutto, Luigi Musini
Executive Producers: Jon Kilik, Marco Valerio Pugini
Touchstone Pictures presents in association with
ON MY OWN PRODUZIONI CINEMATOGRAFICHE and RAI CINEMA
a 40 ACRES AND A MULE FILMWORKS production A BlackTree Media Production Thank you for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 5:39 Miracle At St. Anna: A Look Insideby BlackTree TVFeatured 114,823
- 10:06 Spike Lee on Clint Eastwood, Obama and the Miracle at St. Annaby BlackTree TV 121,121 views
- 9:16 Miracle At St. Anna: Derek Luke, Michael Ealy, Laz Alonso, Omar Benson Miller Interviewby BlackTree TV 59,538 views
- 4:48 James McBride on the challenges creating Miracle at St. Annaby blacktreemedia 11,317 views
- 9:34 pier francesco favinoby raitvcinema 6,005 views
- 5:46 L'uomo che ama - backstageby biancafilmit 8,364 views
- 1:04 axis sally movie clipby 지선 김 4,415 views
- 10:06 4 aprile, Pierfrancesco Favino per la CGILby CGIL Nazionale 5,568 views
- 40 videos Play all Pierfrancesco Favinoby robbbbysweeper
- 9:00 PIERFRANCESCO FAVINO - MATTEO SCIABORDI - OMAR BENSON MILLER - intervista (MIRACOLO A SANT'ANNA film di SPIKE LEE) - WWW.RBCASTING.COMby RBcasting 5,535 views
- 1:58 Reggie Miller calls out Knicks fans and Spike Leeby wwwrealknickscom 70,001 views
- 2:31 Miracle at St. Anna - New Movie by Spike Lee (iHD)by blacktreemedia 239,311 views
- 1:22 Valentina Cervi Selected Worksby rutgher111 3,992 views
- 15:21 Daniele Luttazzi intervista Valentina Cervi (Satyricon 2001)by Canale di fabriziodanza 2,346 views
- 27:38 Pierfrancesco Favino e Stefano Accorsi a Parla con meby RAI Cinema 21,297 views
- 33:24 LE INVASIONI BARBARICHE - Daria Bignardi intervista Pierfrancesco Favinoby la7 28,646 views
- 5:38 PIERFRANCESCO FAVINO - intervista (Red Carpet film "SETTE ANIME" di G. Muccino) - WWW.RBCASTING.COMby RB Casting WWW.RBCASTING.COM 4,542 views
- 24:36 Pierfrancesco Favino, Fabrizio Gifuni e Valerio Mastandrea - 24/03/2012 Che tempo che faby RAI 9,322 views
- 2:28 miracle at st anna trailerby wizart49 32,957 views
- 2:03 The Unknown Womanby Juthika Saharia 36,679 views
- 3:46 Miracle at St. Anna Movie Review & Trailerby RevYOU 6,644 views
- Loading more suggestions...