Jenn Grinels - A Fotomokio Film
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 6, 2012
Jenn Grinels, one of the most talented independent artists touring today, touts her stuff from one house show to the next and explains why it's all worth it.
Purchase Jen's music on itunes:
Like and follow Jenn at https://www.facebook.com/jenngrinelsm...
Produced by www.fotomokio.com
Bio from website:
In October 2007, singer and songwriter Jenn Grinels of Cupertino, California, gave up her apartment, setting out her first tour armed with nothing but her guitar, a beautiful voice and a passion for music. Over four years later, the self-described "soulful, bluesy, jazzy, folk rock, singer/songwriter," has released two full-length albums, toured the country extensively, and won numerous awards for her amazing set of pipes. Despite not having a permanent address for almost five years, Grinels never slowed down, and continued winning fans during her one-of-a-kind performances, sharing the stage with artists like Christopher Cross, JD Souther, Cracker and Rebecca Loebe. Named "2012 Vocalist of the Year" by APCA for the third straight year, and "2012 Performer of the Year" by Campus Activities Magazine, Grinels is notorious for her impressive songwriting ability, incredible stage performance and unmistakable vocal abilities.
From the beginning, Grinels has wowed critics, who praise her voice as "truly phenomenal" (S.D.CityBeat) and "jazzy in its pacing, soulful in its delivery, and heartfelt in its sensuous tone"(Full Value Reviews). Grinels's first full-length album Little Words displays her masterful vocal abilities with a spread of folk-meets-rock/pop songs. Grinels was awarded "Song of the Year" (West Coast Songwriters) for "Can't Stay Here," while music from Little Words was featured on MTV's hit show, The Real World.
Best Singer Songwriter 2012
Grinels sophomore album, brokenHEARTbreaker spotlights her raw vocal talent, layered with songs that range from upbeat and fun, featuring playful instrumentation, to intimate and haunting tracks, laced with moving harmonies and lyrics. Tracks like "Don't' Want To Be Happy," and "Expectations" showcase upbeat tempos mixed with Grinels's signature wordsmith abilities, while tracks like "Love Again" and "Always" expose a deeper, more intricate message and sound. Indie Reviewer Magazine says, "You'll travel back in time when you listen to the third track, "Don't Wanna Be Happy." It sounds like it could be released in an era decades before Jenn's time. The woodwind arrangement and use of horns makes this a refreshing change of scenery from most of today's popular music." Grinels will be touring nationally in conjunction with her radio campaign for brokenHEARTbreaker throughout 2012, along with her band.
Having settled in New York City in early 2012, Grinels does not spend much time at her new address. Still on the road, she continues touring the country, writing songs and perfecting her craft. Everywhere she goes there seems to be an ever-growing audience embracing her musical abilities. CrazyTalk.com says, "Her voice is just absurd. Two artists kept coming to mind -- Martin Sexton and Fiona Apple. Sexton because of her vocal focus & control; Fiona Apple because of her tell-off confessional and conversational lyrics, her penchant for complex rhyme schemes, and her powerful, listen-up-buster delivery."
Standard YouTube License
- 50:53 JENN GRINELS - Listen Local Livingroom Concertby MusicLover1948876 views
- 4:24 I Never Loved a Man (Aretha Franklin Cover) - Jenn Grinelsby fotomokio1,958 views
- 4:47 Jenn Grinels "Happy Birthday"by insandiego3,610 views
- 3:53 Aeroplane Over the Sea - Jenn Grinelsby Jenn Grinels17,983 views
- 5:16 Pasadena - I Don't Know (live at the 8x10 11.21.12)by FREEstate Workshop2,916 views
- 6:39 Pasadena - If I Don't Make It Home ft Big SLOP & Brandon Hardesty (Rams Head live Feb 2013)by FREEstate Workshop1,001 views
- 12:21 Fiona Apple's Interview at Charlie Rose Showby 3equals3productions89,336 views
- 7:09 Pasadena - Realize (Rams Head Live Baltimore MD)by FREEstate Workshop9,972 views
- 4:47 Pasadena - I Don't Blame You (Pasadena Live @ the Whiskey Album)by PasadenaMusic2,311 views
- 4:12 Pasadena - Trouble ft Jenn Grinels (RamsHead Live FEB2012)by FREEstate Workshop1,529 views
- 5:45 "Candy" by Martin Sexton(Cover)by dakotabrownband725 views
- 2:35 Jenn Grinels "Don't Wanna Be Happy" Original Songby insandiego3,541 views
- 4:22 Pasadena - No Where Fast (Official Video)by FREEstate Workshop4,091 views
- 3:27 Jenn Grinels - Right From The Startby Jenn Grinels7,183 views
- 4:31 Jenn Grinels - Love Againby justfragvideo189 views
- 4:39 Never Loved A Man - Jenn Grinels (Live in San Diego)by Jenn Grinels3,065 views
- 3:27 Pasadena - My Own Kind aka Unfamiliar (St Pattys Day live @ the Whiskey)by FREEstate Workshop1,215 views
- 4:24 Pasadena - NoWhere Fast (NEW Title Track Single Release from their upcoming album)by PasadenaMusic5,375 views
- 4:20 NEVER LOVED A MAN - Jenn Grinelsby MusicLover1948677 views
- 3:21 Joey Harkum ft Jenn Grinels - Trouble (Pasadena Acoustic = FREEstate Exclusive)by FREEstate Workshop19,384 views
- Loading more suggestions...