Muscle Snacktime Protein anytime anywhere the athlete's snack-food
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 20, 2013
Amino Muscle SnackTime can be used: anytime anywhere
• First thing in the morning to kick start your metabolism
• Take 20 minutes before or after a workout to help recover and build muscle
• Take mid-morning or mid-afternoon to curb cravings
• Weight loss/Appetite control
Check it out on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A...
A note on appetite control part 1 by Dr. Warren Willey Bodybuilder
It is a well known fact that protein intake suppresses hunger. A number of mechanisms have been proposed as to how this works including proteins effect on the appetite promoting hormone called ghrelin. Ghrelin is a gut hormone appropriately nicknamed the 'road rage hormone' -- this is the hormone that when fired up puts you in an "I must eat or someone will die" state of mind. In the low carb world it is claimed that one of the benefits and potential mechanisms behind the fat loss that occurs with a low carb/high protein diet is the increased protein intake. Both of these theories may be correct in-part, but experience and studies have shown something else is going on. For example: I would argue that in a low carb diet it is not the increased protein intake, but the decreased carb intake that causes the fat loss. Why that is, is a good topic for another article, so I will leave that for later. Another concern with protein intake and satiety is it seems to have its limits. When dieting, one still has to be calorie conscious. If eating a high protein diet truly suppressed appetite in a protein dependant amount (the more protein, the less appetite), then one could not eat a high protein diet! This is obviously not the case as many people fail to reach their body goals on a high protein diet unless calories come into consideration. So how it is protein suppresses appetite and can be so beneficial for weight loss and body morphing? It seems some very smart people may be onto something: A recent study published in CELL describes, in detail, how once protein crosses your lips, prevents more food from crossing your lips. Protein in your intestine sends a message to the brain that the intestine/stomach is full. This back-and-forth communication causes a satiety signal and decreases the total amount of calories one consumes.
Food intake in general can be modulated through mu-opioid receptors or MOR's (the same receptors morphine and similar narcotics bind too) on nerves found in the walls of the portal veins -- the major blood vessels that drain blood from the gut. Stimulating these receptors increases food intake and suppressing them blocks food intake. Intake of dietary protein antagonizes these receptors and lowers food intake.
This is done via a mechanism called gluconeogenesis, or the production of sugar in the body from non-sugar sources. Once the brain gets the signal these mu-opioid receptors are blocked, it sends signals back to the gut telling it to increase the production of sugar. This increased production of sugar tells the brain you are full and you stop eating! But here is the catch: it has its limits. As I suggested above, a number of hard working, diet obsessing people fail on high protein diets as calories are not considered. These same satiety inducing receptors can become overloaded (by eating too much protein in one setting) and made insensitive, thereby rendering their appetite control helpless.
How then, we must ask, can we use these God given dietary control aids to our benefit? The secret: low dose protein. The solution: Amino Muscle Snack Time!
Amino Muscle Snack Time is a flavored amino acid chewable snack that comes in great tasting tablets. They contain just the right amount of amino acids (the building blocks of protein) to suppress the mu-opiod receptors in your gut and help you control your caloric intake. They are low calorie and can used as needed to suppress your cravings when dieting or getting ready for that bodybuilding show or figure/fitness competition. Head-to-head with other appetite suppressants, they work wonderfully and you get the benefits of good nutrition.
I would encourage anyone with a body goal to give them a try. Science and deliverable nutrition once again to the rescue! Until next time: Train with Your Brain!
Dr. Warren Willey
Author: Better Than Steroids
Standard YouTube License
- 17:32 HOW TO PACK HEALTHY LUNCH FOR WORK! $2 MEALS!by tiffanyespinosa95,905 views
- 15:15 Biokimia _ Asam amino dan Proteinby istifarwati hafidzah241 views
- 12:36 Which Protein Powder Is The Best? Six Supplement Reviews In One!by LiveLearnLift52,414 views
- 11:10 Optimal Protein Intake for Bodybuildersby Lee Hayward23,567 views
- 10:03 4 Homemade Snacks To Fill You Up!by LifewithStaceyD1,016 views
- 7:21 How To Burn Fat With Protein Shakesby Insane Home Fat Loss101,560 views
- 2:41 Squat Sponge Review!!!by Tyrone Magnus419 views
- 10:11 Post Workout Protein Shakeby Rob Riches509,737 views
- 9:09 Monster: The Kali Muscle Storyby Strength Project13,623,222 views
- 5:16 Protein Myths: Is Too Much Protein Bad?by Sean Nalewanyj7,346 views
- 3:50 21 Meals, $40: Grocery Shopping for Oneby shessomickey6,480 views
- 13:37 5 WORST diet mistakes (for building muscle)by Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts2,899,847 views
- 3:03 When to take protein shakeby scooby1961571,948 views
- 7:24 How to cut calories FAST!!!by PERFECT BEAUTY25,793 views
- 2:33 my transformation from massive to muscularby Anthony S8,556,640 views
- 2:45 Bodybuilding Protein Pancakes - High-Protein & Easy to Makeby leanbodylifestyle401,499 views
- 2:25 Weekly Groceries for The Belly Fat Cureby BlackNailsnCocktails92,744 views
- 15:16 My Top 10 Favorite Protein Sources For Optimum Workout Resultsby RealFitTv886 views
- 8:36 HUGE WEIGHT LOSS BREAKTHROUGH: Eat Fresh Fruit and Vegetablesby thewhompingwillows2,545 views
- 5:01 Best Weight Gain Supplements - Skinny Guys Use These 3 Supplements To Gain Weightby Weight Gain Network220,822 views
- Loading more suggestions...