BagIt Tutorial #4 (4.3): Retrieving/Verifying/Unpacking Bags: Errors, Unpack Bag (10 of 10)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 13, 2011
Part 4 of the BagIt Tutorial, offered in 3 sub-parts, explains and demonstrates how to retrieve a bag, verify the bag's contents are valid, and extract the files from a bag that have been transferred to another system.
Part 4.1 provides an introduction to retrieving, verifying, and extracting the files from the bag.
Part 4.2 demonstrates how to retrieve and verify a bag.
Part 4.3 demonstrates bag verification errors, extracting the files from the bag, and conclusions.
This four part video tutorial introduces the Library of Congress BagIt tool, which facilitates the reliable transfer of collections of files from one system to another.
In addition to the video tutorials, you will find additional detailed documentation on the installation and use of the BagIt tool in:
1. The BagIt user's guide: BagIt User Guide - SAN Bagging: How to Install and Use the BagIt Library to Create and Validate Bags (pdf): http://www.records.ncdcr.gov/erecords...
2. The BagIt Quick Summary (pdf): http://www.records.ncdcr.gov/erecords...
Inter-system and inter-organizational file transfers are more and more common in today's business environment. To ensure data integrity and authenticity, it is important to verify that files are transferred without any unintended changes. Developed jointly by the University of California, California Digital Library and the U.S. Library of Congress, BagIt offers a program to package and inventory a collection of files, and to validate that the files' integrity was maintained through the file transfer.
This four-part video tutorial will help people who are new to BagIt, and looking for an explanation and demonstration on how to use the tool to package, validate, and transfer files. These BagIt tutorials and guides provide information on where to find and download the BagIt code, install BagIt, create bags, transfer bags, and verify the integrity of transferred bags.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:23 BagIt Tutorial #4 (4.2): Retrieving/Verifying/Unpacking Bags: Retrieve/Verify Bag (9 of 10)by State Archives of North Carolina95 views
- 14:54 BagIt Tutorial #3 (3.2): Creating/Verifying Bag: Demonstrate Create/Verify a Bag (6 of 10) 15 min.by State Archives of North Carolina252 views
- 24:31 After Effects Tutorial - Basic Typography & Motion Graphicsby thevfxbro339,251 views
- 11:03 BagIt Tutorial #2 (2.1-2.2): Installing BagIt: Intro to Installing BagIt, Installing JRE (2 of 10)by State Archives of North Carolina291 views
- 9:33 BagIt Tutorial #1: Introduction (1 of 10)by State Archives of North Carolina717 views
- 5:07 Demo: Distributed Database Security with Real-Time Monitoring and Audit Protectionby InfoSphereGuardium2,437 views
- 25:01 How to Remove a Background, Then Add Another - Photoshop CS5by Ch-Ch-Check It394,190 views
- 9:07 BagIt Tutorial #2 (2.3): Installing BagIt: Configuring JAVA_HOME env variable (3 of 10) 9 minutesby State Archives of North Carolina416 views
- 7:42 D.I.Y. Handmade Satin Rose - Tutorialby MyInDulzens192,419 views
- 9:00 BagIt Tutorial #2 (2.4): Installing BagIt: Installing the BagIt Program (4 of 10) 9 minutesby State Archives of North Carolina229 views
- 8:51 BagIt Tutorial #3 (3.3): Creating/Verifying Bag: Verification errors, Transfer a Bag (7 of 10)by State Archives of North Carolina139 views
- 5:13 BagIt Tutorial #3 (3.1): Creating/Verifying Bag: Introduction (5 of 10) 5 minutesby State Archives of North Carolina253 views
- 3:22 How to Remove Clothes in Photoshopby mahalodotcom1,906,654 views
- 8:35 Recorte Perfecto de Imagen en Adobe Photoshop CS6 | Españolby Pikceles112,678 views
- 6:46 BagIt Tutorial #4 (4.1): Retrieving/Verifying/Unpacking Bags: Introduction (8 of 10) 7 minutesby State Archives of North Carolina111 views
- 5:39 Manually Unpacking Themida v2.1.8by Krishnaa X6,876 views
- 14:48 Elegant Light Streaks (No Third Party Plugins) | After Effects Tutorialby Ch-Ch-Check It27,470 views
- 12:55 Retouch, Airbrush, and Smooth Skin Professionally in Photoshopby Photoshop Tutorials243,797 views
- 18:38 Write-On Magic - After Effects Tutorialby Dan Stevers83,454 views
- 3:01 Photoshop: How to Transform PHOTOS into Gorgeous, Pencil DRAWINGSby Blue Lightning TV508,655 views
- Loading more suggestions...