The DRM Death Ray Manta - Universal - HD Gameplay Trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 29, 2013
The DRM Death Ray Manta by PsychicParrot Games
Death Ray Manta is an arena shooter where you blow stuff up and make pretty colours in the spirit of Minter, Jarvis and Fearon. The game was recently awarded 8/10 by Edge.
*DISCOUNT LAUNCH PRICE FOR A LIMITED TIME*
Official This is DRM game trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrsZi0...
Death Ray Manta (or DRM:The Videogame, no... not that sort of DRM!) is a videogame. Or rather, it's the distillation of everything we love and adore about videogames. Stripping out the cruft, stripping out the things that waste our time and leaving you with nothing but game. It's an attempt at finding the 2 1/2 minute pop song in videogame form only lasting more than 2 1/2 minutes. Although it's perfectly possible to let your game last only 2 1/2 minutes by dying at the 2 1/2 minute mark, I suppose.
Death Ray Manta is an arena shooter that knows its history. From Robotron to Llamatron to Geometry Wars and on, Death Ray Manta keeps one eye on what works, what's worked and tries to explore it all. Quickly. In a condensed few moments of pleasure.
Death Ray Manta is a videogame about flashing lights in your face. Very, very, pretty lights. It's an arcade game that filters what Eugene Jarvis could have done visually given access to modern technology. Which means enormous cataclysmic explosions of rainbow colour. Often.
Press Quotes (from the already hugely successful desktop version)
"The background shifts and warps as the game projects endless bursts of encouragement, and the relentlessly euphoric soundtrack only adds to the over-powering atmosphere."- Edge
"I am not very good at staying not dead, but even I, with my mayfly-lifespans, can admire exquisite colours, great music and enemies that, when staring death himself square in the eyes, chant things like "I love you" and "squeeze me""- Beefjack
"You know that cacophony that greets you when you walk into a big arcade? You know, the sort of one they have at the end of Brighton pier. The sound of 60 different games being played at max volume, with .. people shouting at each other over the top and neon everywhere and flashing disco lights and there are little kids running all over the place and you've had too much fizzy sherbert but you kind of like it? Fearon's games are a bit like that" -- Scripted Sequence
"If you've ever played Geometry Wars you'll know that it's fast paced, colourful and addictive. Now imagine that times forty with a side order of crazy and more visual stimulation than you could ever imagine" -- The Reticule
"After spending some time with DRM .. I realize that this is very much a celebration of the videogame" -- I Luv Games
"I honestly believe cacophony is the only way to describe what I have saw, as each and every enemy burst into vibrant colors which filled the screen. It could almost be considered parody of arcade game graphics" -- Indie Game Mag
"the sort of thing you'll want to play if you've ever shivered in delight at the touch of primary-coloured lasers against a black, vacuumous background" -- PCGamesN
"It's looking rather beautiful" -- RockPaperShotgun
"It's a polymorphous colour cluster. An effervescent, saccharine, gum-rotting sherbet dip that crackles in your mouth... And I can't get enough of it." -- ClickIndie
"Lord, look at those colors. It's beautiful, isn't it? Bright, cheerful, and hectic" -- GameRanx
iTunes Store Page:
Standard YouTube License
- 29:27 Indie Impressions - Pixeljunk Edenby RockLeeSmile Featured 1,822
- 11:32 Crow - Universal - HD Gameplay Trailerby TouchGameplay52,971 views
- 0:44 Official AVP: Evolution Trailerby TouchGameplay61,679 views
- 1:05 Official The DRM Death Ray Manta Launch Trailerby TouchGameplay312 views
- 0:53 Official Sortee Launch Trailerby TouchGameplay506 views
- 42:14 Jesse Ventura: Death Raysby LearningCookies1,308 views
- 1:25:49 Faces Of Death 3 [Full Movie]by Marco Perez147,205 views
- 1:04:57 Top Shocking / Saddest Deaths In Gaming 2013 / 2012by IZUNIY399,774 views
- 29:43 Judge Dredd Arcade - 3 players Playthroughby Nz0x789 views
- 17:10 LGR - History of DRM & Copy Protection in Computer Gamesby Lazy Game Reviews95,460 views
- 11:14 Top 10 Deaths in Gamingby JazReviews8,487,509 views
- 10:13 DRM IS KILLING GAMING!!!by ReviewTechUSA40,664 views
- 1:48:57 Flodder - Eine Familie zum knutschen (Film 1/German/Deutsch) - 1986by SoapWorld193,087 views
- 6:15 A Cosmic Forest - abstract, exploration, colors, ambient (#7DFPS Indie Game) 2013by iDubbbzTV1,334 views
- 11:21 Indie Impressions - Memrrtiks, Suashemby RockLeeSmile1,782 views
- 2:57 Worst movie death scene ever (Original Full Scene)by Arhood(GamePlayKillers)398,762 views
- 1:26:00 Dia dos mortos - Completo - Dubladoby Kael Numb175,990 views
- 9:37 Top 10 Most Brutal Disney Villain Deaths!by the1janitor283,987 views
- 9:25 Yet Another Top 10 Hilarious Movie Deathsby WatchMojo.com2,096,858 views
- 2:52 Death Ray Manta Review & Gameplay - Android iOSby Pixel Freak442 views
- Loading more suggestions...