JFK Speech to Mormons in 1963 (Part I)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 19, 2008
Speech in Salt Lake City at the famous Mormon Tabernacle given by then-President of the United States, John F. Kennedy on September 26, 1963.
I apologize that it is only in audio format. Wish there were video! The picture is of JFK standing next to David O. Mckay, Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1951 to 1970.
In Part I, JFK says, "Of all the stories of American pioneers and settlers, none is more inspiring than the Mormon trail. The qualities of the founders of this community are the qualities that we seek in America, the qualities which we like to feel this country has, courage, patience, faith, self-reliance, perseverance, and, above all, an unflagging determination to see the right prevail."
"If our task on occasion seems hopeless, if we despair of ever working our will on the other 94 percent of the world population, then let us remember that the Mormons of a century ago were a persecuted and prosecuted minority, harried from place to place, the victims of violence and occasionally murder, while today, in the short space of 100 years, their faith and works are known and respected the world around, and their voices heard in the highest councils of this country. As the Mormons succeeded, so America can succeed, if we will not give up or turn back."
The full text can be found at: http://www.jfklink.com/speeches/jfk/p...
Note: In his opening words the President referred to Frank E. Moss, U.S. Senator from Utah; David O. McKay, President of the Mormon Church, and Hugh B. Brown, his First Counselor; Stewart L. Udall, Secretary of the Interior; George Dewey Clyde, Governor of Utah; and Calvin W. Rawlings of Salt Lake City, Democratic National Committeeman for Utah.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:06 JFK: The Final Hours. A National Geographic Documentaryby Steve Giles26,476 views
- 1:26:45 24 hours after the Assassinationby Pat Albright36,838 views
- 7:21 Cabinet Level Testimony of Treason From Within, Censored Clip Not Tolerated on Many Sitesby EmpireOfHeaven14,094 views
- 6:09 Governor Mitt Romney Documentary - Part 2, Mormonism and Politicsby PresMittRomney20125,145 views
- 3:30 [JFK] John Fitzgerald Kennedy Speaks Out About Mormonsby PresMittRomney20125,873 views
- 1:27:36 Killing Kennedy Full Movie 2013by Dat_Uploader64,856 views
- 59:03 Masonic Initiation Rituals and Mormon Temple Ceremoniesby Mark Koltko-Rivera24,071 views
- 28 videos Play all John F. Kennedyby northmeister
- 10:53 JFK Speech on Separation of Church & State (1960)by LeakSourceArchive25,572 views
- 59:00 The JFK Assassination: Conspiracy, Photos, Facts, Autopsy, Documentary Evidence (2007)by The Film Archives142,614 views
- 7:08 Facts Mormons Won't Tell You When They Call At Your Doorby "EXPOSING" MORONIANGELOFLIGHT134,597 views
- 1:12:21 The JFK Assassination: What really happened.by Jerry Kroth223,386 views
- 56:32 The Collapse of Mormonism: Why Millions Are No Longer Mormonsby prffsrx247,108 views
- 31:49 Christmas Missionby LDSutubevideos24,063 views
- 15:12 SHOCKING: Video unreleased JFK assassinationby noticiaschelmevisionIMPACTO3,412,900 views
- 1:21:15 Top 10 Mormon Problems Explainedby MormonHistoryBuff392,425 views
- 8:09 JFK speech on tax cutsby Spectator182825,962 views
- 58:35 JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence: Interview - John F. Kennedy Assassination (2010)by The Film Archives131,036 views
- 16:35 Hell is at America's Door if Obama Wins or Losesby ATLAHWorldwide24,350 views
- 5:09 Romney Misquotes Seinfeld (Jon Stewart Exposes News Propaganda)by R11110000427,589 views