Uploaded on Jan 29, 2011
Check out Bas Rutten's Liver Shot on MMA Surge: http://bit.ly/MMASurgeEp1
In this video, Chef Eric Crowley shows you how to grease and flour a cake pan.
What You'll Need
* Professional-style cake pan
* Parchment paper
1. Cut a piece of parchment paper just larger than the size of the pan.
2. Fold the sheet of parchment paper in half. Fold the paper corner to corner. Continue folding diagonally, using the center point of the entire sheet as the starting point for the folds. The end result should appear as a very narrow triangle.
3. Place the center point of the paper in the center of the cake pan. Use your fingers to mark where the bottom edge of the pan meets the paper. Cut the paper at that mark.
4. Unfold the paper, which should create a circle, and place it in the bottom of the pan. Ensure it fits evenly or trim as necessary.
1. Begin with a dry cake pan and clean hands. Use a one-piece (not a Springform pan), professional-style cake pans for best results.
2. Grab a small amount of softened butter with your fingers.
3. Rub the butter on the bottom of the cake pan and up the sides. Pay special attention to the corner where the bottom meets the side to make sure that area is greased as well.
4. Make sure the inside of the pan is completely and lightly greased. Remove any excess butter.
1. Place a small amount of flour in the cake pan.
2. Shake the pan gently to allow the flour to be evenly distributed in the pan. It will stick to the butter.
3. Continue to distribute the flour including holding the pan vertically and rolling it around so the flour can stick to the sides of the pan.
4. Turn the pan upside down and tap to remove the excess flour.
5. Spread a small amount of butter on one side of the parchment paper circle. Work from the center out.
6. Place the parchment paper circle in the bottom of the pan, butter side up.
7. Add a small amount of flour to the pan. Shake and tap the pan to distribute the flour over the buttered parchment paper. Tap the pan to remove any excess flour.
Read more by visiting our page at:
Standard YouTube License