Bradley Manning verdict: not guilty and guilty
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 31, 2013
A military judge on Tuesday found Private First Class Bradley Manning not guilty of the most serious charge aiding the enemy, but convicted him of espionage, theft and nearly every other count for giving secrets to WikiLeaks.
It is likely that Manning could spend the rest of his life behind bars. Manning is looking at up to 136 years behind bars if given maximum penalties in his sentencing hearing which begins on Wednesday. The sentencing hearing could take up most of August. The outcome of the sentencing is crucial for Manning and, on a wider scale, other future whistleblowers.
Judge army Col. Denise Lind deliberated over three days before reaching a decision that denied the government a precedent that media advocates had warned could have bigger implications for leak cases and investigative journalism dealing with national security issues. Media organizations and investigative journalists are breathing a sigh of relief at the acquittal as American democracy may have dodged a bullet.
Manning is one of a very short list of people that have ever been charged under the Espionage Act for leaking information to the media. Obama's administration is sending a clear message to media outlets and future leakers, beware because the government will go after you.
Manning's conviction can't be good for Edward Snowden and somewhere Julian Assange is still trying to make this story about him, but hopefully the air won't be knocked out of future whistleblowers.
Daily videos brought to you by THE Taiwanese Animators behind the infamous Tiger Woods animation. We got the funniest animations on the web to help you stay in-the-know on all the trending stories, so sit back, relax, and watch a few.
Visit our channel for your daily dose of Taiwanese Animations:
Wish all your news was animated? Subscribe now:
Can't get enough of Taiwanese animations? Connected with us here:
Twitter @nmatv http://www.twitter.com/nmatv
Standard YouTube License
- 1:43 Carlos Danger aka Anthony Weiner stands erectby Taiwanese Animators16,627 views
- 2:05 Philadelphia Eagles Riley Cooper drops N bomb at concertby Taiwanese Animators31,355 views
- 1:43 Johnny Football in trouble for his Johnny Hancockby Taiwanese Animators13,044 views
- 1:49 Ryan Braun suspended by MLB for juicing ... finallyby Taiwanese Animators18,805 views
- 24:58 The Truth About Bradley Manningby Stefan Molyneux40,311 views
- 45:02 WikiLeaks - The Forgotten Manby Luke McMahon23,614 views
- 3:06 Saudi Crown Prince Ex-Wife Maha tries Escape £5 Mn Paris Hotel Bill !! Hypocrisy !!by ISLAMICHISTORYTUBE32,646 views
- 1:00:45 Russell Brand in New York City Extended and Explicitby TWIYProductionsMPR646,004 views
- 9:29 Bradley Manning Leaked Videoby Ledit RenArt23,159 views
- 15:55 Bradley Manning Heads for Trial; No One Charged for Murdered Civiliansby TheRealNews61,286 views
- 8:38 "Bradley Manning Has Become a Martyr" - WikiLeaks' Julian Assange on Guilty Verdict 1/2by democracynow2,997 views
- 16:42 Bradley Manning Tells Court Public Have the Right to Know About US War Crimesby TheRealNews34,444 views
- 15:11 Julian Assange Interview 2013 On Edward Snowden on 'This Week': "Asylum is a Right We All Have"by ABC News180,908 views
- 8:59 Edward Snowden's Father Responds To Bradley Manning NOT Guilty Of Aiding The Enemy Verdictby MOXNEWSd0tC0M4,634 views
- 6:28 How to Style Blunt Bangsby Ahanhbarbie3421,071 views
- 13:23 Julian Assange on Bradley Manning and Political Paybackby VICE84,431 views
- 4:10 Bradley Manning Verdict Proves American Police Stateby AMTV14,968 views
- 3:43:40 Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Game Movieby Gamematics35,212 views
- 7:56 Bradley Manning Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison Over WikiLeaksby The Young Turks57,609 views
- 18:18 Bradley Manning - American Hero. Cenk Uygur on Fire at OccupyLA.by The Young Turks57,027 views
- Loading more suggestions...