Building your identity (German): Prof. Dr. Gunter Dueck at TEDxRheinMain
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 2, 2011
Back in the days it was up to parents, priests and other hierarchies to decide who we were meant to be. The space left to design our own "selves" was tiny and further limited by a steadfast "home". But today, after Christ's influence has all but gone, education and management are professionalized to a cluster of "correct behaviors". Work and private life are blended and we tend to be a virtual one who ...
used to be at least two. Today building your own identity requires more activity. We have to learn to walk onto the stage of a virtual reality as one unique personality -- without getting lost in ever new communities and identities.
What could the design principles of this new and necessary identity-imagology be?
We have to understand how to integrate the all new and excessive many into a whole One. New simple being -- that's what I call it. No thinking in boxes, no managing of inner diversities. Religion has become too weak, digital ignorants cannot give us directions. We -- ourselves in transition - have to believe in new ways, work in new ways, live in new ways, learn to be world citizens in new ways. What will be the result? Kind of an augmented human being.
Günter Dueck is an IBM Distinguished Engineer, an IEEE Fellow, a member of the IBM Academy of Technology, and a corresponding member of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences. He authored some satiricalphilosophical books on humans, management and life and the Financial Times Germany Management Book of the year 2006 Lean Brain Management -- Success and more Efficiency by Zero-Intelligence.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
Standard YouTube License
Next in TEDxRheinMain - 02/02/2011
- 23:23 Komfortzone Zukunft oder Wider die Gewöhnung: Prof. Dr. Gunter Dueck at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks19,103 views
- 26:02 Played hero often but still too quiet!?: Prof. Dr. Gunter Dueck at TEDxKoelnby TEDxTalks3,998 views
- 23:01 TEDxRheinNeckar - Gunter Dueck - Bildung und Mensch im digitalen Zeitalterby TEDxTalks25,572 views
- 22:48 Der schöpferische Imperativ: Gunter Dueck at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks4,216 views
- 17:54 Das Ende des eigenen Autos: Michael Hübl at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks5,612 views
- 17:47 The Ego Tunnel: Prof. Dr. Thomas Metzinger at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks37,390 views
- 21:03 TEDxHarkerSchool - Guy Kawasaki - The 12 Lessons I Learned from Steve Jobsby TEDxTalks32,816 views
- 6:22 TEDxRainier - Michelle Bates - Toying with Creativityby TEDxTalks2,460 views
- 16:39 Mach was Du willst, nicht was Du sollst: Markus von Aschoff at TEDxYouth@RheinMainby TEDxTalks667 views
- 9:22 Opening Introduction: Ossi Urchs at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks1,796 views
- 14:14 Why Virtual Identities?: Michael Altendorf at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks949 views
- 13:35 Prof. Dr. Elisabeth von Samsonow: Cordless Mega Confusion at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks726 views
- 11:48 The Information Company: Ibrahim Evsan at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks547 views
- 10:27 TEDxHamburg - Stephan Balzer - Interview Project Germanyby TEDxTalks355 views
- 1:17 Trailer for TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks1,236 views
- 0:28 Impressions: Sina Kamala Kaufmann at TEDxRheinMainby TEDxTalks749 views