HD: Test/Review of the Think City electric car / EV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 2, 2009
Watch ElectricAid.org take the Think City out for an extensive and entertaining test drive. Over a period of three days, this electric car was pushed to its limits in endeavors such as mountain climbing and drag racing on ice.
Arne Christian Skjævland
Tryad : Struttin´
Silence : Cellule
Blue Orange : Murder in a Garden
Loupland : Runner Joe
This is Norway. This rather small country with its renowned natural scenery, is populated by a fascinating but contradictory people. They're pretty modest and likes to mind their own business, but at the same time there is nothing they can't do based simply on the fact that they are Norwegian. They were the first to reach the South Pole and the American continent. They can beat Brazil 4-0 in soccer, rule the Winter Olympics and get 99% of their power from hydroelectric dams. So if you where to tell them that you can't run a car on water, they would probably say: Well that depends on how you look at it...
It can do a 110 miles on one charge. Its highway approved, has a top speed of 65 mph. Best of all, this is not even a prototype, It's here.
The Think City is an all electric suburb-to-city car that has it where it counts. Its Scandinavian design is minimal, but comfortable. It packs a lot of space for the city dweller. It's easy to maneuver and above all: its fun. We took the City for an extensive 3-day test drive and it surprised us a lot. But first things first:
Trying to turn it on... Lights blinking all around, yeah! Aaand, I think it is on, handbrake is of, aand Yes, rolling! Fast yeah! It works like a charm. We can make quick turns without problems, its excellent.
Photographer: Pretty aggressive, ey?
Driver: It does not have a servo, but it has a very low radius in "the swing" so you dont have to push it far to get around corners. Its just like, whoo, and were around.
Photographer: Its not called "swing" its called ehm
Driver: Its not called a swing?
Photographer: Its called turning
Driver: Turning! Turning this car is quite easy
Driver: Its not like an automatic, because it doesnt have any gears, but you put it in "D" and push the acceleration Pedal, and it goes like hell. So acceleration is very smooth and all the way good.
Driver: Being a small vehicle you would expect the space to be small and crummy, but as you can see, me being 1.85 meters tall I still have room for my head. I can jump around. In the back we have excellent place. The trunk is very big. We have actually been able to carry our whole film set during this filming
Photographer: Is it possible to have sex in this car?
Driver: It is very possible to have sex in this car, if you would like to do so, but being that all the walls are filled with windows, creating a nice view and also creating a very open atmosphere, you will be spotted. But the space is here, so do whatever you want to do.
Driver: Considering safety in a car that is this small you would think: If I crash I will die, but consider this: You could actually drive quite fast into something quite big and hard and come out walking..
Narrator: Ok so the car is named the City. So you would expect it to perform excellently in city driving conditions. But what if you had to satisfy the Norwegians lust for freezingtemperatures combined with high altitudes? On the doorsteps of Oslo and around 300 meters up, lies Tryvann, a ski resort that is heavily visited by the people of Oslo during the winter months. If we could make it up there and make it fast, we could be there just in time for sunset.
We quickly realized how little hassle it was to get up the hill. Our mighty challenge was reduced to a tourist sightseeing trip. The driver became so sure of himself, he even tried to overtake the film car. Moments later we made it to the top. And although the task in the end was extremely easy we felt like conquerors of old. We got ourselves a nice cup of hot chocolate and reflected on the days events. This would have been the perfect spot to contemplate on how to get rid of the city smog below us, except for the fact that we could not see it because of the fog. So with that in mind we called it a day and went to bed, curious on what the next day would bring.
The next day it was of to the drag racing track, RaceWay Oslo. Its over a kilometer long and is located right next to Oslo Airport, and we could think of no other place to push the Think to its limits. But since its the weekend and the track is not serviced, its covered with a lethal mixture of snow and ice. When they saw the track, our camera crew went on immediate strike, in fear of their own lives. But the madness of our driver knows no limits and he was determined to take it for a spin nonetheless.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:49 WORLDS FASTEST street legal ELECTRIC CARby Electric CarsFeatured 784,404
- 8:34 X1 Electric car vs. a Lambo and a NASCAR race car.by Cool things & technologies 117,718 views
- 9:33 Simplified Explanation of How Electric Cars Workby ElectricFormula 67,357 views
- 3:15 Think Electric Car test driveby EcoBold 10,946 views
- 5:04 New Electric Cars Are Betterby SuperiorMind 243,506 views
- 3:36 Vision Electric Truckby visionindustriescorp 21,204 views
- 10:21 think city car reviewby sam35ug's channel 1,861 views
- 2:55 Unlimited Range Electric Carby hammerslagj 251,629 views
- 25 videos Play all Electric Carby BungaEBiker
- 5:36 Think EVby Danny Fleet 17,702 views
- Electric car 25,848 videos220
- 3:28 The New Driver's Seat - Electric Carby newdriversseat 70,547 views
- 1:32:28 Who Killed The Electric Carby Heads Up 83,207 views
- 3:01 Think City - electric car - how they make itby DagensNaringslivTV 12,859 views
- 8:33 Top Gear Australia - Electric Car Challenge Pt 1by TVR161 65,640 views
- 0:52 THINK Promo Electric Carby ElectricXtment 14,296 views
- 1:39 Electric car Pininfarina Bluecar (B-zero)by passion356 36,465 views
- 0:52 THINK City electric carby thinkelectricvehicle 59,437 views
- 4:12 Norwegian Company Launches THINK Electric Car in No. Americaby TheAutoChannel 49,380 views
- 3:54 Th!nk City im Testby Kanal von allesautoat 1,691 views
- 2:26 HD testby hawk2100n 199,394 views
- 4:29 How to make Lithium Polymer Batteries for Electric Carby memeome 550,400 views
- Loading more suggestions...