An Evening with Elon Musk and Alison van Diggelen
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 5, 2013
[Recorded: January 22, 2013]
"I could either watch it happen or be part of it."
Elon Musk on joining the Internet Revolution
"If you had a chance to go back in time and work with Howard Hughes when he was creating TWA, if you had a chance to be there at that moment when it was the dawn of a brand new era, wouldn't you want to do that? That's why I'm here."
Dr. Garrett E. Reisman
NASA Astronaut (former) and Senior Engineer, SpaceX
On CBS' 60 Minutes March 16, 2012
Elon Musk is living two ultimate boyhood fantasies: creating a sports car company and a rocket launch corporation. As co-founder of PayPal, Musk helped transform payment online systems and then, like a true revolutionary, set his sights on electric cars and space transport.
Today Elon Musk is CEO of both Tesla Motors and SpaceX. He also serves as chairman of SolarCity, the solar power provider.
In 2008, Musk was named as one of the 75 most influential people of the 21st century by Esquire magazine and one year later, the National Space Society awarded Musk their Von Braun Trophy, given for leadership of the most significant achievement in space. In 2010, Musk was the youngest recipient of the Auto Executive of the Year Innovator Award and was listed as one of Time Magazine's 100 of the World's Most Influential People. His life story was the inspiration for the Iron Man movies about an executive turned space hero.
Join Alison van Diggelen of Fresh Dialogues for a lively conversation with Elon Musk about what inspired his entrepreneurial journey from South Africa to Silicon Valley; the lessons he learned at PayPal, Tesla Motors, SpaceX and SolarCity; and how he manages to lead two ground-breaking companies simultaneously. Why does he believe that electric cars are a vital component in the move away from oil to a more sustainable energy economy? And what is behind his fascination with creating a multiplanetary future for mankind, including a self-sustaining base on Mars?
Standard YouTube License
- 1:03:11 PandoMonthly: Fireside Chat With Elon Muskby PandoDaily Featured 103,402
- 1:15:18 An Evening with Google's Executive Chairman Eric Schmidtby ComputerHistory23,819 views
- 1:20:15 Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead. Author Sheryl Sandberg in Conversation with Eric Schmidtby ComputerHistory32,786 views
- 53:14 An Evening with Marissa Mayer and NPR's Laura Sydellby ComputerHistory13,172 views
- 1:28:23 DARPA's Dan Kaufman in Conversation with John Markoff of The New York Timesby ComputerHistory3,648 views
- 1:09:25 D11 Conference: Elon Musk Full Interviewby investary056,861 views
- 1:26:19 Elon Musk - The Future of Energy and Transportby Xoofish119,548 views
- 45:00 Megafactories - Tesla Model Sby Strasbourgeois28,337 views
- 54:29 Elon Musk Keynote - SXSW Interactive 2013by Strasbourgeois48,286 views
- 21:45 Elons Tour of SpaceX HDby Andrew Perry253,579 views
- 14:39 SpaceX: Entrepreneur's race to spaceby cyclesandcircles18,214 views
- 57:39 Elon Musk and Sir Richard Branson Hangout on Airby Google for Entrepreneurs204,056 views
- 9:45 Tesla Motors, Elon Musk speech in Geneva motor showby 김 한용12,436 views
- 53:09 Elon Musk: Tesla Motors CEO, Stanford GSB 2013 Entrepreneurial Company of the Yearby stanfordbusiness34,077 views
- 10:59 SpaceX Boldly Looks to Blast 'Millions of People to Mars'by PBS NewsHour111,145 views
- 3:44 Elon Musk: A fifth mode of transport.by segers90932,634 views
- 2:43 Tesla's Musk Laughs at BYD e6 Bloomberg EVUK co uk articleby EVUK000145,059 views
- 1:07:29 Elon Musk lecture at the Royal Aeronautical Societyby AeroSocietyChannel50,806 views
- 59:30 KPCS: Elon Musk #6by kevinpollakschatshow7,167 views
- 13:20 2012 Tesla Model S - Jay Leno's Garageby JayLenosGarage560,045 views
- Loading more suggestions...