This video is unavailable.
2008 Powerboat P1 - Rounds 1 & 2 in Italy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 11, 2008
Saturday 10 May, 2008: A glorious sun-splashed sky and a calm Adriatic Sea made for exciting racing on the opening day of the 2008 Powerboat P1 World Championship season in picturesque resort of San Benedetto del Tronto, Italy.
Reigning P1 World Champion #99 'Fountain Worldwide,' which ran third for most of the Evolution class race, made a dramatic move on the last lap to take the checkered flag. The victory was made sweeter by the fact that the British team of Craig Wilson and James Shepperd didn't have their 12 metre boat until almost 6:00 a.m. on race day itself, having lost its trans-Atlantic transport from the Fountain Powerboat factory in the United States in favor of U.S. Military cargo. "I've never had to work so hard in my life," said pilot Shepperd after emerging from his Ilmor-powered Fountain boat. "My hands hurt. Everything hurts. We didn't have much setup time, but there was some superb stalking by Craig that allowed us to get ahead in the closing stages of the race. That was tough, but a great start to the year."
The 77 'Lucas Oil' team of American Nigel Hook and Brit Shelly Jory, the only male-female Evolution Class team, led for most of the race but ended second place in their 12-metre Skater, powered by Mercury Racing. The German Searex Racing team of Siegfried Greve (Germany) and Belgian Gino Passchier drove the 40-foot 'Cranfield Wines' to a third place finish.
In P1 SuperSport class, the locals had much to cheer about with a win by Italian team 44 'Conam Yachts.' The crew of team owner and throttleman Angelo Tedeschi and his new pilot Aaron Ciantar dominated the SuperSport event that got the race weekend off to a great start, quickly opening a dominant 30-second lead over their nearest rivals and extended that by a further 10 seconds by the chequered flag. Great Britain was well represented on the podium with second and third place captured by the #07 Voom Voom.com, followed by 47 Silverline Buzzi Bullet.
A large crowd enjoyed world-class racing and are prepared for tomorrow's second round of the 14-race series which spans three continents.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:23 Maraetai 100 Offshore Powerboats 2by Geoff DaviesFeatured 734,583
- 4:55 Fountain Powerboats "Cat Killer" Race Championsby FountainGurl 77,107 views
- 3:32 Offshore powerboat racing world record Sydney-Hobartby Gunther Pfrengle 1,452,607 views
- 2:55 Cigarette Offshore Boat Jumpby lilajack 2,148,338 views
- 2:51 210 mph new turbine Miss Geico Racingby alvinski100 2,523,559 views
- Offshore powerboat racing 7,475 videos77
- 5:46 Fountain Powerboats - Lightning Seriesby FountainGurl 33,047 views
- 0:49 Rough water boat race big wave jumping Pantera powerboatsby PanteraRacing 360,434 views
- 7:13 NO WAY OUTby Bruno Koplin 577,732 views
- 2:06 42 Lightning W 1075by bryanmliles 64,469 views
- 3:04 Fountain Powerboats - Worlds Fastest Veeby FountainGurl 36,476 views
- 0:40 Reggie Fountain Driving 42 Lightningby bryanmliles 4,924 views
- 9:10 2008 Powerboat P1 - Round 3 in Marseille, Franceby ICNPowerboatP1 6,416 views
- 8:56 Nigel Hook Powerboat P1 2007 Belgium Grand Prix of the Seaby NigelHook 8,812 views
- 2:01 CIGARETTE Powerboat - Foxtrot Oscar - Hafen Monaco - Top Gun -by pr9video 202,733 views
- 6:24 boat racingby biggera12 476,619 views
- 1:54 SECRET AGENT SKATER CAT BOATby SecretAgent28 99,594 views
- 14:59 Boat Fails and Wins. 15 Minutes Boating, Ship Win/Fail Compilationby MrMrmovieproductions 940,024 views
- 9:07 Nigel Hook Powerboat P1 2008 Tunisian Grand Prix of the Seaby NigelHook 4,682 views
- 0:59 cigarette marauder exhaust 3x1075 mercury racing powerboatby federico montanari 165,957 views
- 5:06 Speed Boat Race (FULL HD)by Cargospotter 90,875 views
- Loading more suggestions...