Lance Armstrong - How Can We Prevent Doping In Pro Sports?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 13, 2007
Complete video at: fora.tv/2007/07/04/A_Conversation_with_L
Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong discusses issues surrounding the use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports.
Bob Schieffer interviews Lance Armstrong at the 2007 Aspen Ideas Festival.
Some of the most inspired and provocative thinkers, writers, artists, business people, teachers and other leaders drawn from myriad fields and from across the country and around the world all gathered in a single place - to teach, speak, lead, question, and answer at the 2007 Aspen Ideas Festival. Throughout the week, they all interacted with an audience of thoughtful people who stepped back from their day-to-day routines to delve deeply into a world of ideas, thought, and discussion.
Lance Armstrong is a retired American professional road racing cyclist. He won the Tour de France - cycling's most prestigious race - seven consecutive times, from 1999 to 2005. In doing so, he beat the previous records of five wins by Miguel Indurain (consecutive) and Bernard Hinault, Eddy Merckx and Jacques Anquetil. Previous to this achievement he also survived testicular cancer, a germ cell tumor that metastasized to his brain and lungs in 1996. His cancer treatments included brain and testicular surgery, and extensive chemotherapy.
Armstrong's athletic success and dramatic recovery from cancer inspired him to commemorate his accomplishments, with Nike, through the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a charity founded in 1997. The foundation's yellow rubber "Livestrong" wristbands, first launched in 2004, have been a major success, netting the foundation more than $60 million dollars in the fight against cancer, while helping Armstrong become a major player in the nonprofit sector.
These achievements have at times been clouded by allegations that Armstrong used performance enhancing drugs to achieve some of his wins. However, no conclusive evidence has been presented to verify these allegations, which he vigorously denies, and Armstrong has never failed a doping test.
Bob Lloyd Schieffer is an American journalist who has been with CBS News since 1969, serving 23 years as anchor on the Saturday edition of CBS Evening News from 1973-1996; chief Washington correspondent since 1982, moderator of the Sunday public affairs show Face the Nation since 1991, and, between March of 2005 and August 31, 2006, interim weekday anchor of the CBS Evening News. Katie Couric, formerly of NBC's The Today Show, succeeded Schieffer as anchor on September 5, 2006.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:01 Is Lance Armstrong Guilty Of Doping? David Walsh Spent 13 Years On The Story. Part 1by Global Cycling Network Featured 32,690
- 4:20 Greg LeMond - How Have Steroids Changed Cycling?by ForaTv63,439 views
- 8:33 Lance Armstrong - On Surviving Cancerby ForaTv40,678 views
- 5:22 Floyd Landis - What can Cycling do to Prevent Cheating?by ForaTv27,446 views
- 3:35 Doping Debate in Sports: Should Athletes Use Drugs?by ForaTv4,721 views
- 44:59 National Geographic. Cyclings Greatest Fraudby Documentalist USA17,750 views
- 21:49 FULL INTERVIEW - David Walsh and Emma O'Reilly react to the Lance Armstrong interviewby RTÉ - Ireland's National Television and Radio Broadcaster25,270 views
- 42 videos Play all Tour De Franceby Shropshire67
- 35:33 Stephen Roche David Walsh Late Late Show 2002 part2by videos4678938,031 views
- 6:46 Lance Armstrong Faces Doping Chargesby WSJDigitalNetwork14,780 views
- 56:11 Lance Armstrong's Oprah interview in full part 1 no comercial breakby Peter Bjornild17,221 views
- 45:14 Lance vs Contador: An Epic Feud - Tour de France - 2009by luismoshcyclingTV147,212 views
- 16:57 Tour de France 1986 Stage 21 Greg Lemond Interviewby chickasmith35,710 views
- 20:28 Tyler Hamilton 1by SignatureCyclesFilm4,761 views
- 28:29 Science of Cycling by Lance Armstrongby Drev250540,571 views
- 1:35 Greg LeMond at USADA hearing on Landisby rennesdinan52,819 views
- 14:47 Floyd Landis wins 17th stage Tour de France 2006by Dave2708198886,220 views
- 4:07 Tyler Hamilton talks Lance Armstrong's confessionby CNN35,034 views
- 26:57 2003 Liège--Bastogne--Liège Dopage?by chickasmith3,996 views
- 29:18 2000 Tour de France Stage 12 Mont Ventouxby chickasmith75,041 views