CNBC Host Joe Kernen - Paul Krugman Is A Communist
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 11, 2012
The CNBC host that once said Paul Krugman reminds him of a "unicorn" now has another word to describe the Nobel Prize-winning economist: communist.
Joe Kernen, an anchor for CNBC's "Squawk Box," made the statements Monday while defending CNN anchor Erin Burnett against a recent HuffPost article that took issue with Burnett's claim that food prices and gas prices have spiked because of the Federal Reserve's quantitative easing programs. Burnett moved to CNN from CNBC last year.
"They quoted Paul Krugman and this other idiot, Dean Baker, who's some guy, I don't even know who he is, he always writes for The Huffington Post. Basically co-communists in a lot of different economic circles," Kernen said on Monday. "You know, fact-checkers need fact-checking now. They're so full of crap. These fact-checkers lie more than the people that they're fact-checking."
Steve Liesman, CNBC's senior economics reporter, responded: "Last week, when the jobs number came out, what you saw was commodity prices rose because there was anticipation of QE [quantitative easing]. There is definitely some connection."
On Friday, Burnett claimed that the Federal Reserve has directly caused gas prices and food prices to rise significantly since November 2008, an assertion not backed up by evidence. Many economists say food and oil prices have risen in recent years because of global conditions affecting supply and demand. These conditions include extreme weather, drought, more people in third-world countries joining the middle class, unrest in Libya and sanctions on Iran.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:58 Dollar, Paul Krugmanby Peter Schiff Featured 62,519
- 59:59 Moyers & Company - Paul Krugman as guest.by Giovanni Vitellozzi5,970 views
- 1:07:09 David Stockman: The Great Deformation - May 29, 2013by The Kansas City Public Library6,065 views
- 4:22 Rick Santelli on CNBC Shouting Match Over Unemployment Numbers!by WeAreTheSavageNation6,977 views
- 56:49 Stockman, Orszag in budget battle royaleby Reuters TV9,188 views
- 16:19 Paul Krugman schooled by Austrian School Economist Pedro Schwartzby manifestliberty75,542 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents87,538 views
- 20:27 ABC News 'This Week' Roundtable » Post-Convention Outlookby yazakchattiest729 views
- 1:22:48 Paul Krugman: Currency Regimes, Capital Flows, and Crisesby ari100teles6,225 views
- 15:42 David Stockman vs. Clive Crook: Debate Over Zero-Interest Ratesby Bloomberg7,552 views
- 6:21 2013 - Ron Paul Exposes Obama Martial Law Plans!!!by Top10GamingOfficial388,639 views
- 2:43 Lifeguards Fired After Gangnam Parody Styleby ThePrincessHira24,261 views
- 7:10 David Stockman - Banks Too big to Fail, Another Bubble (17Sep13)by gmshadowtraders4,540 views
- 1:19:21 Ron Paul interviews with college students (Keynesian vs. Austrian Economics).flvby Clorox9163,771 views
- 8:41 Keynsian economics made easy - Lewis Blackby P Carr99,712 views
- 11:50 Julian Assange takes on MSM lackey Erin Burnettby PlanetEarthAwakens0111,097 views
- 3:32 CNBC's Joe Kernen Talks About Peter Schiff? (Pompous Blowhard, Bad Jacket, Bad Market Calls...)by SchittReport1,641 views
- 3:26 Bill Maher OWNED On Government Spending By David Stockmanby YOUTUBE NEWS16,354 views
- 2:36 DAVID ICKE RIGHT AGAIN CNBC's host Joe Kernen HISSES at guest like a SNAKE going to attackby Fijitime11,458 views
- 6:01 David Stockman - Bubbles, Economic Collapse Comingby GlobalEconomicNews12,095 views
- Loading more suggestions...