Festa Santa Marija Mqabba - Tower of Light 14-08-2011.AVI
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 20, 2011
The Saint Mary Fireworks Factory of Mqabba, within the Society of Saint Mary & King George V Band Club was founded in the early 1900's, but acquired its present fireworks factory in 1960. Throughout the years, the Saint Mary Fireworks Factory established itself as a leading fireworks factory in Malta. This factory has been commissioned to put up displays in numerous and varied occasions. In fact the factory regularly provides pyro-shows and ground fireworks in various Maltese towns and villages, as well as during other events organized by private entities. In June 2005, the Saint Mary Fireworks Factory was commissioned to put up a mechanical ground fireworks display as part of the 25th Anniversary of the European Federation of Carnival Cities (FECC). However, one of the most prestigious shows organised by the Saint Mary Fireworks Factory of Mqabba was held in November 2005. On this occasion the factory was commissioned to provide a fireworks display synchronized to music, following the banquet given by HRH Queen Elizabeth II on the occasion of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
The Saint Mary Fireworks Factory of Mqabba has been one of the main participants since the beginning of the Malta Fireworks Festival. The Saint Mary Fireworks Factory was selected as the overall winner of the first edition of the Malta International Fireworks Festival 2006, held at the Grand Harbour in Valletta. Also, in December 2006, the fireworks factory held another two spectacular fireworks displays at the Grand Harbour, as part of events organized on the occasion of the conference for Thomas Cook Travel Managers. In June 2007, the factory was commissioned to provide a fireworks display synchronized to music for the Gran Finale of the Malta International Fireworks & Food Festival 2007 following the success gained in the previous edition.
In August 2007, the Saint Mary Fireworks Factory participated and managed to win an International Fireworks Competition, known as Caput Lucis, held in Rome, Italy. This was the first time for the fireworks factory to provide such displays outside our country where the Factory placed first after competing with various renowned fireworks fatories throughout the world namely from UK, Spain, China, Japan, Italy, Romania and Slovenia in front of 350,000 spectators. The Saint Mary Fireworks Factory strives on creativity and innovations in its displays. The Factory has been a pioneer in holding displays at international standards and was the first fireworks factory in Malta to synchronize its aerial displays to music. With regards to mechanical ground fireworks, this factory has throughout the years developed and introduced various new mechanisms. This was even proved last 24th April 2010 when the Saint Mary Fireworks Factory won three different categories (originality, best products and best mechanism) in the IV National Ground Fireworks Festival organized by the Floriana Local Council on the Granaries, Floriana. The Saint Mary Fireworks Group was crowned as the Overall Winner of this Festival.
The main event for the Saint Mary Fireworks Factory of Mqabba remains the Eve of the Feast of Saint Mary organized annually on the 14th August.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:59 Fireworks Display 14th August 2011 - Santa Marija Mqabba (Part1)by Adrian Micallef 3,215 views
- 6:55 Festa Santa Marija Mqabba, Malta - Fireworks Spectacular Closing (14/08/2012)by mqabbachamps 935 views
- 2:29 Festa Santa Marija Mqabba Unofficial Promo 2012.by Johann Tonna 1,491 views
- 4:52 Santa Marija Mqabba 2011 -Marc ta tieni triduby Steve Debono 1,475 views
- 3:47 Mqabba- Santa Marija 2011by Marika Zammit 868 views
- 9:58 Festa Santa Marija Mqabba, Malta - Fireworks Spectacular (Vangelis) (14/08/2012)by mqabbachamps 853 views
- 30:31 Pyromusicals Santa Marija Mqabba 2011.by Johann Tonna 912 views
- 9:25 Festa 2011..Highlights Part 3by Joseph Sultana 979 views
- 5:07 Marc ta' l-ahhar Tridu 2011 - Santa Marija Mqabbaby Adrian Micallef 832 views
- 2:22 Santa Marija Mqabba, Malta - The Tower Of Light 2012.by MrMaltaPyro 421 views
- 6:43 Santa Marija Mqabba, Malta - Tower of Light 2012by mqabbachamps 3,964 views
- 8:41 Il-Feature tas-Sezzjoni Zghazagh tal-Marc tal-Gimgha - Festa Madonna Tal-Gilju 2012, Mqabba, Maltaby JZammitTalGilju 4,458 views
- 20:42 Kaxxa u Murtali Tal- Hrug Santa Marija Mqabba 2011.by Johann Tonna 863 views
- 1:19 Festa Santa Marija Mqabba Promo 2011v4by Santa Marija Mqabba 1,295 views
- 4:37 Official St Marija Mqabba 2011 Fireworks Dvd.mpgby George Palmier 1,086 views
- 0:59 MQABBA SANTA MARIJA NEW PYROTECHNIC SHOW 2011by joeal100 755 views
- 1:38 Malta 2012 Valletta New Year Fireworksby ChrisBettsy 2,517 views
- 0:47 Mqabba Fireworks - 14th August 2012by 333Eternal 357 views
- 15:28 Malta International Fireworks Festival 2012 - St. Michael's Fireworks Factory, Lija, Malta. WINNERS.by Johann Tonna 3,495 views
- 3:53 Mqabba, Tal-Gilju Fireworks 2012 - Danza del Fuego - Part 1by Jason Muscat 1,085 views
- Loading more suggestions...