Takin' Care of Business - Real CPAs Explain Where Being a CPA Can Take You!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 7, 2012
Should you become a CPA? Do you have what it takes? Four professional CPAs explain where each of their careers have taken them in this video, and although they all started with the same CPA certification, their careers couldn't be more different.
The first interview is with Erin Green, CPA and Consultant for Clark Nuber. Erin works with a variety of clients, from Internet Start-ups, Non-profits, Contractors, and Manufacturers. As a consultant, Erin works behind the scenes of the business in a dynamic world. Math may be the foundation of her career, but Erin's job focuses more on advising clients on how to use those numbers and developing business plans. Public Accounting is a direct route onto the inside track of any type of business.
Shannon McWilliams is a CPA and Entrepreneur as the Founder and President of NCGi. The CPA profession prepared Shannon to start his own company specializing in business development. Now he uses his business and accounting knowledge to advise new internet companies as they develop. As an entrepreneur Shannon enjoys a flexible and rewarding schedule as his own boss.
Lynette Williams is a CPA and an FBI Special Agent. As soon as Lynette got her CPA certification she applied for the FBI and underwent the same training as every FBI agent. Her financial background gave Lynette the expertise to specialize in Bank Fraud and White Collar crimes, tracing funds, preparing extensive reports of financial evidence, and testifying in court. And as an FBI Agent, Lynette goes into the field as well, assisting other agents in searches and arrests.
Jackie Moskow is a CPA and Senior Vice President of Financial Planning and Forecasting for New Line Cinema. As production accountants, Jackie's employees use their knowledge of accounting to bring movies to the big screen. Production accountants are in charge of all the finances for every production and work closely with every aspect of production, which means they meet the stars. Jackie's job deals with the big picture of New Line's finances. She projects budgets for every movie New Line makes or will make, so she is an integral part in deciding what movies become reality and what gets left on the cutting room floor. But Jackie's favorite part of her job isn't even her work, it's the balance between her work and family that her career allows her to have. The time she spends with her family makes everything she does worthwhile.
Mike Minarczyk is a Controller for the New York Jets football team. Mike is involved in measuring the organizations performance in marketing, revenue, expenses, and player costs. When the team drafts new players, Mike helps determine that player's signing bonus, what is salary will be, and whether or not that player is affordable for the team. So as a controller, you can decide which players get picked up, and which aren't worth the trouble.
Because CPAs speak the business language, they can work in any profession they want. they're skills are always in demand and highly valued as well.
Standard YouTube License
- 15:14 Start Going Places: Explore the CPA Professionby StartHereGoPlaces5,695 views
- 13:28 How an accountant can become a millionaireby KC Truby586 views
- 6:33 Why Accounting Firms Stay Smallby privatepracticeguru8,250 views
- 1:10:09 The CPA Exam (National Meet The Firms Week March 2013)by CollegeFrogGetHired921 views
- 12:58 "CPA...Imagine the Possibilities" with the AICPAby StartHereGoPlaces1,015 views
- 7:30 How long should you study for the CPA exam? + REG exam detailsby christinamgong3,669 views
- 13:15 How to get an Accounting job in CPA firm with No Experience Required Part 2by Eng Sivieng6,388 views
- 11 videos Play all Cost Accounting videosby routhwsuedu
- 4:55 Starting a CPA Careerby HCVTVideo5,145 views
- 17:52 New video presentation on the CPA Certification Programby CPACanadaVideos5,617 views
- 7:39 Welcome to Accounting--The Exciting Profession (by John M Miller, CPA)by johnmillercpainc7,606 views
- 4:54 CPA Profile: Jennifer de Leonby ThisWayToCPA24,294 views
- 42:47 Roger Philipp, CPA's Study Session on "Leases"by Roger Philipp13,072 views
- 3:57 Peter Olinto - reason to study CPA?by SpoiledPharoah55,472 views
- 2:03 What Does an Accountant Do?by Rasmussen College7,066 views
- 12:20 Certified Public Accountant New Yorkby Junior George2,469 views
- 3:21 Day in the Life of a (Future) CPA: Sam Jones -- Inside INCPAS 3.1by INCPAS927 views
- 3:54 Accounting Careers: Best Part + Becoming a CPAby CareersOutThere10,824 views
- 3:31 Accountant & CPA Salary Trendby IPassTheCPAExam17,043 views
- 2:06 CPA Profile - Lynette Williamsby AICPAMultiMedia3,242 views