"Anti-Semitism on the Rise in Europe" CBN News Newswatch
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 1, 2008
Even though many European governments have condemned the new rise in anti-Semitism, there is a clear perception among many Jews that Europe's terrible history is somehow coming back to life.
Story Context on www.DemoCast.TV
"If you don't think anti-Semitism is rising in Europe, look at the political cartoons.
A Greek cartoon suggests Israelis kill Christians on Easter. An Italian cartoon shows the baby Jesus worried that the Israelis are going to kill him again.
And then there are the cartoons that compare the Jews to the Nazis. It reminds Jews of another period: the 1930s, the time before the Holocaust.
In Europe today, most Jews are at least anxious. Some are scared, and many have already left for Israel or the United States. Because even though many European governments have condemned the new rise in anti-Semitism, there is a clear perception among many Jews that Europe's terrible history is somehow coming back to life.
"Jewish communities around the world are under more pressure now than at any time since 1945," says Prof. Robert Wistrich of Hebrew University in Israel. Wistrich is the son of Polish Jews who fled the Holocaust. "Here we are 60 years after that and what lessons have been learned? Not enough."
Distorted Media Coverage
Throughout Europe, distorted and one-sided news coverage has created an Israel that is aggressive and evil.
"It's a demonization based on a radical detextualization, de-legitimization that's been going on," Melanie Phillips, a British conservative, says. "And if you're the averagely ignorant Brit, watching your TV, listening to your radio, you believe it. That's your world view."
In France, a court is deciding whether a government TV channel, France2, showed faked footage of the supposed death of a Palestinian boy, Mohammed al-Durah, during the second intifada in 2000, to make it look like he was killed by Israeli solders. When the judge ordered France2 to turn over all of its footage of the incident, it also showed the boy moving his arms and peering through his fingers after he was supposed to be dead.
But Muslim rage at the original France2 news story led to countless reprisals against Jews around the world. It was even mentioned by terrorists as a reason for the beheading Daniel Pearl.
DemocracyBroadcastingNews.com says the France2 story "globally defames the Jewish nation, Israel, with a fabricated icon of hypocritical brutality and immorality; and criminalizes Jews and their State to justify pariah-punishment."
The EU says Muslims are responsible for half of all attacks on Jews in Europe. In France, Muslims outnumber Jews 10 to 1. Nidra Poller, an American writer and commentator in Paris, says the government and media are afraid of the Muslims.
"The French are using the Muslims, allowing the Muslims, to express this vicious and violent, murderous Jews hatred, and they get a free ride on their old fashioned anti-Semitism," Poller said. "The whole Lebanon war was shown from the Hezbollah point of view. Israel was the villain. And Hezbollah were the innocents who were suffering. So all the Muslims in France got another dose of Jew hatred."
And when Israel invaded Lebanon in 2006, anti-Semitic violence in Europe surged.
Surpising, But Not Unique
Anti-Semitism is by no means just a European phenomenon. But it is in Europe, the place of the Holocaust, where the return of anti-semitism is so surprising.
As a boy in the Netherlands, Manfred Gerstenfeld hid from the Nazis in an upstairs apartment. He may have never believed it could happen again. But he now believes Europe is re-living the 1930s.
"A senior Dutch politician told me a few months ago, 'Look, the Jews have to understand that in the Netherlands, they have no future,' he said.
In large part because Israel lost the media war in Europe long ago, and the Jews are still paying for it."
Standard YouTube License
- 45:17 antisemitism in Europeby corsarule1,202 views
- 8:22 War on Britain's Jews - part 1by Elena Zaharieva9,585 views
- 26:07 CrossTalk: Who Hates Jews (ft. Norman Finkelstein)by RT64,039 views
- 15:29 Alex Jones Puts Anti-Semitic Caller in His Place!!by TheAlexJonesChannel38,884 views
- 3:37 Alarm over rising anti-Semitism in Denmark: Danish Jews no longer feel safe in public placesby JewishNewsOne9,870 views
- 3:10 George Galloway + Accusation of Anti-Semitism = Fireworks!by nekokate102,379 views
- 15:02 The Outrageous Racist Hypocrisy of Israel and World Zionism!by David Duke100,028 views
- 11:16 Former white supremacist David Duke goes anti-semitic at Thom Hartmannby The Big Picture RT114,225 views
- 39 videos Play all Cool vintage stuffby kirkuleaz
- 8:05 Anti-Semitism Watch:by Keren Hayesod UIA12,338 views
- 4:27 Andrew Klavan: Fun With Anti-Semitismby PJ Media68,800 views
- 7:50 Racism Hidden Cameraby moonerman1004,388,512 views
- 1:46 Jewish student caught painting Swastikas on her own door then claiming Anti-Semitic Attackby 91177info459,982 views
- 6:26 Londonistan - Melanie Phillipsby sandybeaches123448,060 views
- 5:20 France: A New Anti-Semitism | European Journalby DW (English)2,670 views
- 9:56 Dieudonné.l'Antisémite en moins de 10 minutes.by Neimad24,448 views
- 1:17 This is why Ron Paul is called an "anti-semite" (he dares speak the truth about the Israeli Lobby)by theTRUTHprincess58,771 views
- 3:22 Europe: Islamic Ignorance Propagating Growing Anti-Semitism Against Jews Throughout Europeby YouCruising12,903 views
- 8:41 CNN on Jews Did 9/11by sxe421,934 views
- 2:37 UK Baroness: "The constant accusation of Anti-Semitism to silence Israels critics is vindictive"by setfree6841,958 views