Evening Lecture | Jeff Bacon: Toons, Roots & Troops: The Art of Leadership
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 15, 2012
Evening Lecture | "Toons, Roots & Troops: The Art of Leadership" | Jeff Bacon | March 13, 2012
Jeff Bacon's first Navy Times cartoon was published in March 1986. By the end of that year, the panel was titled "Broadside" and has appeared weekly ever since. In 2006, his Marine-oriented cartoon "Greenside" began its run in Marine Corps Times.
His art has been printed in numerous government publications, professional papers, and a lot of cubicles around the world. His cartoons have been displayed at the Navy Art Gallery and the Navy Memorial in Washington, D.C., and have been published in three books: The Best of Broadside, Book II: the Rest of Broadside, and 20 Years of Broadside. He donates artwork to various military and non-profit groups throughout the year, and has been a featured speaker for numerous commands and organizations around the world.
A member of the National Cartoonists Society, he has been active in the "Support the Troops" initiative, arranging visits by professional cartoonists to active duty and VA hospitals - and more recently trips to draw for troops on the front lines - in order to give back to those who served. As a result of that effort, in 2009 he was presented with the "Silver T-Square Award" by the National Cartoonists Society for outstanding service to the profession.
He was named a Distinguished Graduate by the Naval Postgraduate School in 2006 (because of the cartoons, not the grades), and was honored in 2008 with a Special Recognition Award by the Surface Navy Association.
He is currently the Executive Director of the Wyakin Warrior Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides education, mentoring, training, networking and job placement to severely wounded and injured veterans (www.wyakin.org).
Mr. Jeff Bacon's presentation, "Toons, Roots & Troops: The Art of Leadership," is the College's academic year 2011-2012 Contemporary Civilization Lecture sponsored by the Naval War College Foundation through the generosity of Drs. Daniel and Susan Thys in honor of LT Michael P. Murphy, Medal of Honor recipient.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the speaker's own and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Naval War College, the Department of the Navy, the Department of Defense, or any other branch or agency of the U.S. Government.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:39:45 Noam Chomsky (July, 2013) "The Corporatization of the University"by The Chomsky Videos Featured 47,948
- 12:56 VADM Michael H. Miller, Naval Academy Superintendent - McCain Conference 2011by TheStockdalecenter377 views
- 14:46 On Leadership, and the Naval Academy Experience - Commander Richard Jadick Part 3by TheStockdalecenter244 views
- 12:01 Keynote Address, delivered at the 2010 USNA Leadership Conference - Colonel Arthur J. Athens Part 3by TheStockdalecenter420 views
- 36:43 David Kaiser's last lecture, Naval War College, May 3, 2012by KaiserD2170 views
- 52:39 Tom Ricks: U.S. Military Leadership In Declineby HillCenterDC1,714 views
- 2:25 Master Sergeant Montes Motivational Speechesby Abiud Montes8,090 views
- 1:13:30 Evening Lecture | Robert Kaplan: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Powerby usnavalwarcollege3,951 views
- 58:51 Lecture on the Marquis de Lafayetteby Tim Owens594 views
- 14:31 Vice Admiral James B. Stockdale Statue Dedication, October 31, 2008 - Part 2by TheStockdalecenter144 views
- 58:15 Lester Lyles - Responding to the Gathering Stormby TheIHMC484 views
- 42:11 MARINE - Earning the Title (2001)by RingSight91259,204 views
- 1:00:49 1 Byrd on Romeby LawResourceOrg3,330 views
- 1:53:15 Brookdale College Center for World War II Studies: The Cannon King's Daughterby Steve Lubetkin421 views
- 41:07 MBA in Executive Leadership Information Sessionby Oregon State Ecampus301 views
- 20:04 Sun Tzu - TEDxNTUby ironfisto644 views
- 1:01:15 Leadership - General Sir Richard Dannattby GreshamCollege1,245 views
- 1:02:37 Legal Experts, Military Leaders Say Restore Constitution - Retired Military on HCR107by Demoband456 views
- 1:05:55 CSF 2011 | Amory Lovins: A Business and Military-Led Strategy for an Oil and Coal-Free Americaby usnavalwarcollege255 views
- 6:33 About Leadership: ADP 6-22by USArmyCGSC4,902 views
- Loading more suggestions...