This video is unavailable.
Evening Lecture | Jeff Bacon: Toons, Roots & Troops: The Art of Leadership
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 15, 2012
Evening Lecture | "Toons, Roots & Troops: The Art of Leadership" | Jeff Bacon | March 13, 2012
Jeff Bacon's first Navy Times cartoon was published in March 1986. By the end of that year, the panel was titled "Broadside" and has appeared weekly ever since. In 2006, his Marine-oriented cartoon "Greenside" began its run in Marine Corps Times.
His art has been printed in numerous government publications, professional papers, and a lot of cubicles around the world. His cartoons have been displayed at the Navy Art Gallery and the Navy Memorial in Washington, D.C., and have been published in three books: The Best of Broadside, Book II: the Rest of Broadside, and 20 Years of Broadside. He donates artwork to various military and non-profit groups throughout the year, and has been a featured speaker for numerous commands and organizations around the world.
A member of the National Cartoonists Society, he has been active in the "Support the Troops" initiative, arranging visits by professional cartoonists to active duty and VA hospitals - and more recently trips to draw for troops on the front lines - in order to give back to those who served. As a result of that effort, in 2009 he was presented with the "Silver T-Square Award" by the National Cartoonists Society for outstanding service to the profession.
He was named a Distinguished Graduate by the Naval Postgraduate School in 2006 (because of the cartoons, not the grades), and was honored in 2008 with a Special Recognition Award by the Surface Navy Association.
He is currently the Executive Director of the Wyakin Warrior Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides education, mentoring, training, networking and job placement to severely wounded and injured veterans (www.wyakin.org).
Mr. Jeff Bacon's presentation, "Toons, Roots & Troops: The Art of Leadership," is the College's academic year 2011-2012 Contemporary Civilization Lecture sponsored by the Naval War College Foundation through the generosity of Drs. Daniel and Susan Thys in honor of LT Michael P. Murphy, Medal of Honor recipient.
Disclaimer: The views expressed are the speaker's own and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Naval War College, the Department of the Navy, the Department of Defense, or any other branch or agency of the U.S. Government.
Standard YouTube License
- 59:38 War is a Force that Gives us Meaning with Chris Hedgesby UCtelevisionFeatured 37,885
- 31:16 LTGen Charles Krulak: "The Importance of Integrity, Loyalty, and Loyal Dissent" part 1by TheStockdalecenter 3,306 views
- 1:01:15 Leadership - General Sir Richard Dannattby GreshamCollege 1,047 views
- 3:44 Navy Seals Team, Michael Murphyby anthoman3 948 views
- 4:39:56 !!Americans & People of the World!! Important. William Cooper lecture: Behold a pale horse, FULLby CatSwordOfSorrow 1,858 views
- 1:00:07 Victor Davis Hanson - World War II Leadershipby anangbhai 6,832 views
- 12:56 VADM Michael H. Miller, Naval Academy Superintendent - McCain Conference 2011by TheStockdalecenter 337 views
- 9:43 NAVY COMMANDER DON MORRIS Lectures on "Effective Communication and leadership by #2 of12)by Don Morris 628 views
- 1:02:37 Legal Experts, Military Leaders Say Restore Constitution - Retired Military on HCR107by Demoband 329 views
- 56:07 4th Sands Leadership Lectureby TheSimonSchool 2,704 views
- 14:46 On Leadership, and the Naval Academy Experience - Commander Richard Jadick Part 3by TheStockdalecenter 207 views
- 5:46 Profiles in Leadership -- Part 1 (2002)by usnavyhistory 1,107 views
- 11:09 Keynote Speaker: Ray Smith • Presented by SPEAK Inc.by speakinc 902 views
- 58:51 Lecture on the Marquis de Lafayetteby Tim Owens 141 views
- 7:11 Strategy & Sun tzu the Art of War for Winning in Life فن الاستراتيجيةby Osama El-kadi 7,587 views
- 1:21:48 Evening Lecture | John Lewis Gaddis: George Kennan and American Grand Strategy during the Cold Warby usnavalwarcollege 1,587 views
- 1:00:49 1 Byrd on Romeby LawResourceOrg 2,840 views
- 12:01 Keynote Address, delivered at the 2010 USNA Leadership Conference - Colonel Arthur J. Athens Part 3by TheStockdalecenter 359 views
- 1:02:59 Chinese Language and Civilizationby Wes Cecil 1,919 views
- 9:21 The Leadership Progressionby nols1965 3,183 views
- Loading more suggestions...