Peace Is Non Theistic - Statistical Data
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 18, 2009
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE EPOCH OF REASON!
I hear time and time again the incredible statements being made by the religiously minded whom make comparisons between themselves, other religious groups and also even to the non-religious. I hear often Muslims claiming their religion to be one of peace, of knowledge of wisdom and of respect (laughs), and much of the same spewed from the pipes of the Christian, Jewish and Hindu drones. Though, its interesting to note that I have yet to see any statistical data nor any evidence to support such claims; mainly due to the fact that there is none. With this video, I seek to present factual statistical data that expresses that such claims are not only false, but like most religious speech, are blatant falsities that exist as a propaganda force. Religion now like always maintains a clear and distinct correlation with conflict, not peace!
The Vision of Humanity Global Peace Index survey accounts for internal and external conflicts and the subsequent losses incurred, Including that of potential terrorist acts. Relationships with neighbouring countries and overall political stability. Perceptions of criminality in society, violent and non violent crime rates and intentional homicidal displacement ratios to the overall population. Capital prison population, capital police officer population. Military expenditure, capability, sophistication and number of armed personnel. Volume transfer of conventional weapons both import and export and ease of access to minor. UN peacekeeping funding, overall UN involvement and capital respect for human rights...
The overall functionality of government, the Electoral process, Political participation and overall political culture. Civil liberties, corruption perceptions, Women in parliament, Democracy Index, Gender Inequality, freedom of the press, export and import % of GDP and foreign direct investment flow. Number of visitors as % of domestic population, and net migration. Gender and age ratios, regional & international framework/conditions and framework of regional integration. Education spending, primary, secondary and higher school enrolment ratio, mean years of schooling and adult literacy rate. Hostility to foreigners, importance of religion in national life, willingness to fight. Nominal GDP, per capital, unemployment percentage, life expectancy and infant mortality rate.
With that said, the Global Peace Index is detailed and comprehensive to say the very least. Utilizing the results generated from each of the ten most religiously concentrated Islamic, Christian and Non-theistic Atheist nations I have compared them directly as to express the clear and distinct correlation between religion and conflict. But more importantly, the apparent correlation between non-theism and peace. As the numbers clearly demonstrate, religion is a negative driving force, pulling us backwards. Non-theism is a positive driving force, pushing us towards the future.
The percentages of both theists & non-theists were taken from sources such as Adherents & Wikipedia, rounded to the largest denomination and then compared to official demographics produced by academic institutions. Its almost impossible to gain a specific percentage in all cases, though you need to factor in those whom have not yet come out of the theistic closet. Regardless, the message remains the same; non-theism is clearly a positive driving force whilst theism remains a negative influence upon our global society.
I suggest you visit the vision of humanity site and check out the complete study... http://www.visionofhumanity.org
Standard YouTube License
- 2:24:15 Does God Exist - Sydney atheists Vs Theistsby Sydney Atheists17,760 views
- 29:19 The Same Lying Theist, Even Worse Arguments! - "Why Being Atheist Doesn't Make Sense"by EssenceOfThought1,424 views
- 2:06:55 The God Debate II: Harris vs. Craigby NDdotEDU745,849 views
- 4:59 The World's top 12 least religious countriesby bnbalenda63,735 views
- 1:19:00 Entrevista a Lider Pandilla 18, El Salvador. Luisa Moncada, Canal 19, El Salvador Al Diaby megavisionsv667,299 views
- 33:12 Lideres de la MS-13 hablan sobre la tregua; MS 13 leaders talk about El Salvador's gang truce.by Uzziel Peña132,034 views
- 56:31 Sam Harris - Death and the Present Momentby AtheistFoundation460,812 views
- 2:48 What Is Buddhism?by NoEalamInSL Sri Lanka23,901 views
- 13:32 In the cause of Peace: Honouring 60 years of UN Peacekeepingby unitednations28,106 views
- 19:30 Las Maras en Centroaméricaby informarn1,145,595 views
- 7:36 C.S. Lewis: from theism to Christianityby EXPERIENCINGGOD163,181 views
- 1:18:52 Sam Harris on "Free Will"by Skeptic Magazine460,389 views
- 45:33 ENTREVISTA A EL SIRRA (MS13) NOTICIERO HECHOS TV12 PART 1by samuraisalva403,699 views
- 5:52 The Potential Of Christianity And Islam - The Atheist Experience #610by TheAtheistExperience11,911 views
- 41:09 Theist Vs Atheist Debate: "Does God Not Exist?" (Part 1/3)by Halomaster7133,380 views
- 9:45 God Exists !!!Atheists get owned!!!by everlasthero3233,222 views
- 44:45 The BBC's War & Peace: Episode 8. A Beautiful Taleby Basicallybenign6,326 views
- 1:04 Atheist Gets Ownedby reason faith284,107 views
- 11:00 Response to: "Atheists have faith, just like theists."by PiroNiro536,569 views
- 6:53 Atheist vs Non-theistby KingHeathen4,824 views
- Loading more suggestions...