TEDxBrainport 2012 - Rogier van der Heide - The right to create, and the reward of it
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 8, 2012
TEDxBrainport 2012 - Making the Future
According to Roger van der Heide, the ability to create new products is something that we all should have a say in, not just a privileged few. Getting more people involved in the design process can lead to the creation of more relevant products, and better and healthier environments at work and in our homes. But to succeed, companies need to open up their innovation and build multidisciplinary teams that truly understand peoples' needs and desires.
Rogier van der Heide is Vice President & Chief Design Officer van Philips Lighting. Rogier focuses on innovation-led design as an enabler of bridging technology with the creation of meaningful, life-enhancing solutions. He has 20 years of experience in engaging, inspiring, three-dimensional design that fuses light, image projection, architecture and product design into memorable, authentic experiences.
Before he joined Philips, Rogier van der Heide was Director with Arup (www.arup.com), and the Global Leader of Arup Lighting. In that role, Rogier has been responsible for innovative, creative and well-executed projects all over the world.
Health - Can we cure the sick?
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED's mission, "ideas worth spreading." The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level.
At TEDx events, a screening of TEDTalks videos -- or a combination of live presenters and TEDTalks videos -- sparks deep conversation and connections. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis.
Standard YouTube License
Next in TEDxBrainport 06/05/2012
- 13:02 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Walter Belgers - Privacy and security, a lost causeby TEDxTalks689 views
- 7:54 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Michiel van der Kley - The most convenient energy supplier: you!by TEDxTalks1,062 views
- 18:47 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Carlo van de Weijer - Future mobility with brainsby TEDxTalks2,755 views
- 13:07 TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2012 - Nadeem Shaikh - Our financial future, digitizedby TEDxTalks1,542 views
- 11:06 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Jeremy Rifkin - Leading the way to the third industrial revolutionby TEDxTalks4,655 views
- 17:29 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Michael Braungart - Give P a chance!by TEDxTalks2,720 views
- 10:34 How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes: Adam Leipzig at TEDxMalibuby TEDxTalks657,259 views
- 19:54 TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2012 - James Walker - Regeneration storiesby TEDxTalks1,387 views
- 10:49 TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2012 - Nick D'Aloissio - A new way of consuming informationby TEDxTalks1,723 views
- 9:07 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Gertjan Meeuws - Indoor farming, Plant Paradiseby TEDxTalks6,578 views
- 12:35 TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2012 - Lynda Gratton - How to be ready for your future, nowby TEDxTalks11,148 views
- 17:04 The Seeds of Authentic Stories: Jayme Cellitioci at TEDxTampaBayby TEDxTalks1,504 views
- 17:04 TEDxAmsterdam - Rogier van der Heide - 11/30/10by TEDxTalks4,381 views
- 12:56 TEDxLondonBusinessSchool 2012 - Jana Sievers - Mobile advertising reconnects with consumersby TEDxTalks3,515 views
- 19:51 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Caroline Hummels - Take the first person perspective to transform togetherby TEDxTalks1,725 views
- 18:12 TEDxEast - Nancy Duarte uncovers common structure of greatest communicators 11/11/2010by TEDxTalks110,103 views
- 14:36 TEDxSingapore - Jason Pomeroy - Distil, Design, Disseminate Green Built Environment Ideasby TEDxTalks1,039 views
- 19:46 TEDx PuraVida 2012 - Benjamín García - La vanguardia del sentido comúnby TEDxTalks13,583 views
- 8:16 TEDxBrainport 2012 - Jeffrey van der Veer - Safety through leadershipby TEDxTalks1,644 views