Anthrax - I Am The Law
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 7, 2008
Copyright. Island. (1987)
This is only studio version of the song, there is no video filmed for this song.
Check this band out too http://www.reverbnation.com/putrefact...
Anthrax is a New York City-based heavy metal band that released its first full-length album in 1984. The band was one of the most popular of the 1980s thrash metal scene and is notable for being the first to combine heavy metal with rap music. The band has sold over 10 million albums worldwide, and is classified as one of the "big four" of thrash metal alongside Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer.
Anthrax has made several appearances on television, including the programs Married... with Children, WWE Raw, NewsRadio, Cheers, and Ask Dr. Ruth among others. The band has also appeared in films such as Run Ronnie Run (performing as the fictional band Titannica) and Calendar Girls. Their song "Madhouse" was used in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in-game radio station V-Rock and in Guitar Hero II. The song "Now It's Dark" was also converted into simlish on the metal radio station for The Sims PC game. Their song "Caught in a Mosh" was featured in Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s. In 2006, guitarist Scott Ian was a cast member of VH1's reality show SuperGroup and is also featured on many other VH1 shows such as I Love the 80s and I Love the 90s.
In 1985 the band released their second studio album Spreading the Disease which had their hit "Madhouse"; and in 1987, Anthrax released their third album, Among the Living. This album began a lyrical trend that focused on movies, comic books and Stephen King novels. All these elements would for years become typical lyrical themes Anthrax fans would come to expect. "I Am the Law" is a tribute to comic book hero Judge Dredd. "Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)" (which, when spelled backwards, reads "nise fukin life") is about comedian John Belushi's drug addiction and death. "Indians" and the mosh pit anthem "Caught in a Mosh" are both considered Anthrax classics today. The album was dedicated to the memory of Cliff Burton. The band continued its success, sticking to the thrash metal genre of Among the Living on the album State of Euphoria. The single "Antisocial," originally by French heavy metal band Trust was a staple on MTV in regular rotation as well as on Headbangers Ball.
Anthrax was always a band prone to experimentation; in 1987, they appeared on the title track of rap group U.T.F.O.'s album Lethal. In 1991, they collaborated with pioneering rap artists Public Enemy on a joint version of PE's "Bring the Noise", although Anthrax already did a fusion of rap and heavy metal in the form of "I'm the Man" in 1987, a comedic song originally slated to be played with the Beastie Boys (although they did not actually get to play this song with Anthrax until a 1991 remake). "Bring the Noise" was a hit, and the band had a successful joint tour with Public Enemy.
About Judge Joe Dredd is a comics character whose strip in the British science fiction anthology 2000 AD is the magazine's longest running (having been featured there since its second issue in 1977). Dredd is a law enforcement officer in a violent city of the future where uniformed Judges combine the powers of police, judge, jury and executioner. Dredd and his fellow Judges are empowered to arrest, sentence and even execute criminals on the spot. He was created by writer John Wagner and artist Carlos Ezquerra, although editor Pat Mills also deserves some credit for his early development.
Judge Dredd is amongst Britain's best known home-grown comic book characters. So great is the character's reputation that his name is sometimes invoked over similar issues to those explored by the comic series, such as the police state, authoritarianism and the rule of law.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "I Am The Law" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Anthrax - I Am The Law
- 3:17 Streets of Rage 2 - Dreamer Acapellaby Smooth McGroove Featured 293,006
- 41:56 Anthrax - Behind the Music Remasteredby TallicLizzy11,951 views
- 1:05:37 Metallica-And Justice For All-[Full Album]by Metallica4918769,920 views
- 6:24 Anthrax - Be All End Allby burhan metalleri108,847 views
- 6:19 Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss (OFFICIAL VIDEO)by Rui Meirelles1,590,075 views
- 4:27 Anthrax - Antisocialby bonzo Navarro604,179 views
- Anthrax 14,036 videos35
- 1:46 Scott Ian of Anthrax on playing with Stryperby saigon1515540,098 views
- 10:06 Anthrax - What's In My Bag?by amoeba25,515 views
- 5:42 Anthrax - Indians ( High Quality music )by Jorn Slotboom466,442 views
- 11:08 Avantasia - The Scarecrow (feat. Jorn Lande) (Live Wacken 2011)by FraNJRL692,915 views
- 5:05 Anthrax - Room For One Moreby Adaaaaaaaaaaaam176,358 views
- 7:44 My Dinner With Anthrax - Married With Childrenby angryheaded273,830 views
- 5:24 Anthrax - Sad But True (Cover)by Resolve300,917 views
- 4:44 Anthrax with Public Enemy - Bring The Noiseby BVMTValternative1,642,761 views
- 58:23 Anthrax Live Wacken 2013 FULL CONCERTby cakium82,522 views
- 5:18 Anthrax - Among the livingby isaac8399163,489 views
- 6:29 Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh (Live) [HQ]by KantamBuriburi439,068 views
- 5:42 Pink Floyd - Wish you were here - Remastered [1080p] - with lyricsby Pink Floyd Remastered Songs2,539,437 views
- 8:18 Anthrax - Refuse/Resist & I Am The Law (Live, Gothenburg 2011)by stone2486898,963 views