Pergolesi - Stabat Mater - Talens Lyriques (Complete)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 8, 2011
This (complete) performance of Pergolesi's "Stabat Mater" is from a concert given at Saint Denis on June 23rd 2009 by Les Talens Lyriques conducted by Christophe Rousset, The soloists were Sabina Puertolas (Soprano) and Vivica Genaux (Mezzosoprano).
Note on the second piece of music in this video.
The 'encore' is the the 'Fac me' from Pasquale Cafaro's setting of the Stabat Mater. A complete performance of which has very kindly been uploaded by Raimondo di Sangro, you can hear it here:
It's a rather lovely setting that is well worth spending time listening to and I urge you to do so,
Stabat mater dolorosa
Iuxta crucem lacrimosa,
Dum pendebat Filius.
Cuius animam gementem,
Contristatam et dolentem,
O quam tristis et afflicta
Fuit illa benedicta
Quae moerebat et dolebat,
Pia mater, cum videbat
Nati poenas inclyti.
Quis est homo, qui non fleret,
Christi matrem si videret
In tanto supplicio?
Quis non posset contristari,
Christi matrem comtemplari
Dolentem cum Filio?
Pro peccatis suae gentis
Vidit Iesum in tormentis
Et flagellis subditum.
Vidit suum dulcem Natum
Dum emisit spiritum.
Eia mater, fons amoris,
Me sentire vim doloris
Fac, ut tecum lugeam.
Fac ut ardeat cor meum
In amando Christum Deum,
Ut sibi complaceam.
Sancta mater, istud agas
Crucifixi fige plagas
cordi meo valide.
Tui Nati vulnerari
Tam dignati pro me pati
Poenas mecum divide.
Fac me vere tecum flere,
Donec ego vixero.
Iuxta crucem tecum stare,
Et me tibi sociare,
In planctu desidero.
Virgo virginum praeclara,
Mihi iam non sis amara,
Fac me tecum plangere.
Fac, ut portem Christi mortem
Passionis fac consortem
Et plagas recolere.
Fac me plagis vulnerari
Cruce hac inebriari
Ob amorem Filii.
Inflammatus et accensus
Per te, Virgo, sim defensus
In die iudicii.
Fac me cruce custodiri
Morte Christi praemuniri
Quando corpus morietur
Fac, ut animae donetur
The mother was standing sorrowfully
next to the cross, tearful
as her Son was hanging.
Whose soul, groaning,
sad and sorrowful,
the sword has pierced through.
Oh, how miserable and afflicted
was that blessed
mother of an only Son.
She lamented and grieved,
the holy mother, when she saw
the pains of her glorious Son.
Who is the man that would not weep
were he to see the mother of Christ
in such distress?
Who would not be made sad
at the thought of Christ's mother
grieving with her Son?
For the sins of his people
she saw Jesus subjected to
torments and lashes.
She saw her sweet Son
as he gave up his spirit.
O mother, thou fount of love,
make me feel the force of your grief
so that I may mourn with you.
Make my heart burn
with love for Christ the God
so that I may be reconciled with him.
Holy mother, grant this favour,
imprint the wounds of the Crucified
deeply within my heart.
Your wounded Son,
who deigned to suffer so much for me,
may he share his pains with me.
Let me truly weep with you,
and suffer with the Crucified
as long as I live.
To stand beside you at the cross
and join with you in lamentation,
is my desire.
O Virgin, pre-eminent among virgins,
do not be bitter towards me,
let me weep with you.
Let me bear the death of Christ,
let me share in his passion,
and contemplate his wounds.
Let me be wounded with his wounds,
intoxicated by the cross
and the blood of your Son.
Though I burn and am aflame,
may I be defended by you, O Virgin,
on the day of judgement.
Let me be protected by the cross,
fortified by the death of Christ,
strengthened by grace.
When my body dies,
let my soul be granted
the glory of paradise.
Much of the work's music is based on Pergolesi's setting of the Dies Irae. It's divided into twelve movements, each of which is named after its incipit.
1. "Stabat Mater Dolorosa" Grave, F minor, common time; duet
2. "Cujus animam gementem" Andante amoroso, C minor, 3/8; soprano aria
3. "O quam tristis et afflicta" Larghetto, G minor, common time; duet
4. "Quae moerebat et dolebat" Allegro, C minor, 2/4; alto aria
5. "Quis est homo" Largo, C minor, common time; duet
— "Pro peccatis suae gentis..." Allegro, C minor, 6/8
6. "Vidit suum dulcem natum" Tempo giusto, F minor, common time; soprano aria
7. "Eja mater fons amoris" Andantino, C minor, 3/8; alto aria
8. "Fac ut ardeat cor meum" Allegro, G minor, cut common time; duet
9. "Sancta mater, istud agas" Tempo giusto, C minor, common time; duet
10. "Fac ut portem Christi mortem" Largo, G minor, common time; alto aria
11. "Inflammatus et accensus" Allegro ma non troppo, G minor, common time; duet
12. "Quando corpus morietur" Largo assai, F minor, common time; duet
— "Amen..." Presto assai, F minor, common time.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Pergolesi - Stabat Mater - Talens Lyriques (Complete)
- 2:39:07 Enya Greatest Hits ( Full Album )by mistermister668b Featured 3,229,044
- 1:55:42 Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake - The Kirov Balletby classicalmusictv3,914,224 views
- 1:31:48 Jordi Savall - Le Concert des Nations - Charpentier: Messe Et Motets Pour La Viergeby Aventaoastur215,170 views
- 42:35 Cecilia Bartoli - Castratiby postfataresurgo224,271 views
- 1:14:18 Sarah Brightman Symphony in Vienna 720p HDTV x264 DTS lulzby varux19704,627,583 views
- 1:02:20 BACH- CANTATAS BWV 27, 84, 95 & 161 - HERREWEGHE.wmvby Unai Urigoiti-Irizabalbarrena330,154 views
- 49:20 Requiem - Mozart by Gardinerby jbmg171,317,739 views
- 43:13 Pergolesi Stabat Mater Claudio Abbado Katia Ricciarelli Lucia Valentini Terrani Solisti della Scalaby HaydnHouse04Mar188719,024 views
- 58:14 The Best of Baroqueby tunxiscollege518,630 views
- 31:59 J. S. Bach - Kantate "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben", BWV 147 (Ton Koopman)by Eliahavani282,302 views
- 53 videos Play all Stabat mater Pergolesiby pblglbrt
- 1:23:43 Verdi - Requiem - Karajan - La Scala Milanoby ClassicMaestro21,336 views
- 41:50 Pergolesi - Stabat Materby TheArmChoir74,001 views
- 2:51:57 Final Days Of Planet Earth 2006by albonni3,163,766 views
- 29:30 Vivaldi's Gloriaby UNT College of Music486,530 views
- 51:43 J S Bach - Psalm 51 (BWV 1083) Documentaryby markfromireland8,589 views
- 40:28 ANNA NETREBKO, MARIANNA PIZZOLATO, STABAT MATER PERGOLESI COMPLETEby andres megino27,954 views
- 1:25:06 Mozart - Requiem - Cecilia Bartoli - George Solti 1991by fodipali290,853 views
- 33:32 Orlando di Lasso - Missa pro defunctisby Erdbeerkaba21,829 views
- 43:56 (HQ) Pergolesi: Stabat Mater dolorosa | Christophe Rousset & Talens Lyriquesby Oedipus Coloneus26,654 views