Je T'Aime....Moi Non Plus -- Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg (in HD)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 3, 2011
"Je t'aime... moi non plus" (French for "I love you... me neither") is a French duet written by Serge Gainsbourg. It was written for and sung with Brigitte Bardot in 1967, but that version was not released until 1986. In 1969, Gainsbourg recorded a version with his lover, Jane Birkin. It reached number one in the UK, but was banned in several countries due to its sexual content. The song has been covered by many different artists.
In winter 1967. Bardot asked Serge Gainsbourg to write the most beautiful love song he could imagine and that night he wrote "Je t'aime" and "Bonnie and Clyde". They recorded an arrangement of "Je t'aime" by Michel Colombier at a Paris studio in a two-hour session in a small glass booth; the engineer William Flageollet said there was "heavy petting". However, news of the recording reached the press and Bardot's husband, German businessman Gunter Sachs, was angry and called for the single to be withdrawn. Bardot pleaded with Gainsbourg not to release it, and although he protested that "The music is very pure. For the first time in my life, I write a love song and it's taken badly", he complied.
In 1968, Gainsbourg fell in love with English actress Jane Birkin on the set of their film Slogan. After filming, he asked her to record the song with him. Birkin had heard the Bardot version and thought it "so hot." She said: "I only sang it because I didn't want anybody else to sing it," jealous at the thought of his sharing a recording studio with someone else. Gainsbourg asked her to sing an octave higher than Bardot, "so you'll sound like a little boy." It was recorded in an arrangement by Arthur Greenslade in a studio at Marble Arch. Birkin said she "got a bit carried away with the heavy breathing -- so much so, in fact, that I was told to calm down, which meant that at one point I stopped breathing altogether. If you listen to the record now, you can still hear that little gap. "There was media speculation, as with the Bardot version, that they had recorded live sex, to which Gainsbourg told Birkin, "Thank goodness it wasn't, otherwise I hope it would have been a long-playing record." It was released in February 1969. The single had a plain cover, with the words "Interdit aux moins de 21 ans" (forbidden to those under 21),and the record company changed the label from Philips to Fontana.
Gainsbourg also asked Marianne Faithfull to record the song with him; she said: "Hah! He asked everybody". Others approached included Valérie Lagrange and Mireille Darc.Bardot regretted not releasing her version, and a friend, Jean-Louis Remilleux persuaded her to contact Gainsbourg. They released it in 1986
"Moi non plus" ("Me neither") as a response to "Je t'aime" is a joke some English-speaking listeners did not understand. It is often translated as "I love you - me not anymore".
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Je T'Aime....Moi Non Plus -- Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg (in HD)
- 3:42 Andra feat Marius Moga - Atata timp cat ma iubesti (Lyric Video)by MediaProMusic Featured 5,407,017
- 75 videos Play all French Love Songsby WhiteLibraTexas
- 43:22 Brigitte Bardot Documentaryby reneetownsend0110,056 views
- 5:45 Celine Dion - The Power Of Love ( Tradução ) By Sara Aguilar.wmvby Sara Aguilar Damas3,511,560 views
- 4:30 BRIGITTE BARDOT & SERGE GAINSBOURG - JE T'AIMEby carlos palma951,583 views
- 4:27 Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg - Je t'aime moi non plus 1967by MrVesmar18,059 views
- 5:39 Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye 1997 Video stereo widescreenby sheerfolly239,460,590 views
- 4:01 A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harumby Ju Be Th16,316,373 views
- 9:28 Mohamed Hamaki 2012 / محمد حماقى من قلبى بغنىby Mohamed Fathy239,653 views
- 3:48 OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻoleby mountainapplecompany92,905,429 views
- 5:14 Charlotte et Serge Gainsbourg - Lemon Incestby Eric Mazier294,743 views
- 3:31 Et si tu n'existais pas - Joe Dassinby bibrilhante8,417,995 views
- 4:26 Je t'aime moi non plus - S, Gainsbourg, J. Birkin - Tributo con subtítulos en Españolby lailluminatie561,380 views
- 5:10 La décadanseby edicionesxv268,263 views
- 4:21 Je T'aime Moi Non Plus - Tribute to Birkin & Gainsbourgby Allan Filgueira1,755,410 views
- 4:10 Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Dayby Nickelback2,931,756 views
- 1:30:56 Nonstop Dugem Remix 2013by Wahyu Tri1,669,568 views
- 3:58 28° à l'ombre ( Monaco) - Jean François Mauriceby Chris Demian1,061,181 views
- 6:27 Je teme (Je t' aime)by atlantiday2,593,904 views
- 4:22 Lara Fabian - Je T'Aimeby Arisa Hasegawa1,898,806 views