Uploaded on Jul 31, 2009
The manual that come with the Yamaha PSR 900 is a little difficult to understand. By watching this video I hope you will be able to better understand the manual's description of how to perform multi track recording on your Yamaha PSR s 900 keyboard. You can find this description on page 149. Here are the basic steps.
1. Press the RECORD button and the STOP button at the SAME TIME. This will bring up the MAIN screen.
2. Look at the bottom of the MAIN screen. You should see channels 1 through 16. They should all be turned ON.
3. Select the VOICE or INSTRUMENT that you want to record into track or channel ONE.
4. Press the EXIT key to return back to the MAIN screen.
5. SET UP YOUR METRONMOME. Increase or decrease the tempo so that it will match your recording when you get ready to record.
6. Press the RECORD button with your left hand first. Once the RECORD button is held down reach over with your right hand and press TRACK ONE button. This will arm track one for recording. It will also bring up a sub window. The sub window allows you to choose RIGHT 1, RIGHT 2, LEFT, PAD, MIDI, and so on. Keep it simple....JUST CHOOSE RIGHT 1.
7. Start your metronome.
8. Press the PLAY button to begin recording. I always let the metronome click about 8 clicks before I start. After 8 clicks start playing the music on track one. This will give you a good lead in for future tracks.
9. When you finish TRACK ONE, press the STOP button in the recorder section located at the left of your keyboard.
10. Now play back your TRACK ONE recording to see how it sounds.
11. Get ready to record on TRACK TWO.
12. Choose the voice or instrument that you want for TRACK TWO.
13. Press the Exit key to return back to the MAIN screen.
14. Your New instrument should be listed in the MAIN screen at the top.
15. Press the RECORD button, while you keep it pressed down, reach over and press the track or channel TWO button. The sub window will come up. REMEMBER...Keep it at RIGHT 1 selection which should be highlighted in RED.
16. Press the metronome button. Get the metronome going before you record. With the metronome going press the PLAY button. Wait about 8 clicks and start playing track 2 while you listen to Track ONE.
Just do the same thing over and over again for tracks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1,, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
Listen to my channel. You can watch some of the mini movies I have made and listen to the music soundtracks that I made with the yamaha PSR 900 keyboard.
Visit my website and print up free sheet music:
Standard YouTube License