Building and setting an arapuca live bird trap
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 3, 2008
Thank you for Watching. Please don't forget to subscribe. You may also find us on:
and our website: https://www.perarduawilderness.com
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS
This trap is common in Brazil and can be made quickly without tools and only using material on hand. It will result in the live capture of a bird.
TIPS ON TRAPPING
Trapping is a numbers game. The more traps you have set the better your chances of catching game. In practice trappers here will set 10 to 20 arapuca traps baited with the correct bait for the target species and set in locations where the birds have been observed feeding. This trap is normally used for ground feeding birds that eat seeds or fruit. The arapuca when set by an experienced trapper will have about a 10 - 20% success rate. That is the reality of trapping. That means if you have ten of them set in good locations you can expect one bird a day. Twenty traps will net you one or two birds a day, three if you are lucky. I have caught multiple dove in one arapuca, it can happen in a good location.
With over 100,000 views from all over the world it would be impossible to give specific information regarding bait or trap placement. One tactic that greatly increases effectiveness is to establish a feeding ground for the local birds by placing feed or bait in the same place and allowing the birds to come regularly for feeding. Set several traps propped up but not armed allowing the birds to get accustomed to feeding under them and leaving. The first time you arm the traps you will net several birds if they are accustomed to feeding under an arapuca.
The trap works if you have studied the birds habits and preferred bait. Trapping is a skill, making traps is only the beginning of learning how to effectively trap. The nice thing about the arapuca is that you can practice without harming game unlike many other traps.
Please, as always, obey all local laws and only actually kill wild game if it is legal or necessary.
Thanks for watching,
Standard YouTube License
- 8:21 African Bird Trapby wildernessoutfittersFeatured 158,258
- 0:57 Mohave Box Trap Experimentby cjbrb67 869,584 views
- 7:38 How to Make a Bird Trap - that actually works!!by FPSoutback - Shooting, Trapping & Slow Motion 197,777 views
- 5:44 How to make a bird trap with a plastic bottle .by sercout 87,534 views
- 9:39 How to live trap a copperhead snakeby usprayvideo 245,424 views
- 5:36 The Simplest Bird Trapby FPSoutback 135,352 views
- 4:47 Asian Bird Trap Laosby wildernessoutfitters 50,134 views
- 5:31 Survival: How to build a "Montagnard-Trap" or "Bow Trap"by MrRonbon27 42,459 views
- 2:29 botswana bird trapby MrRednecktrapper 31,412 views
- 18 videos Play all Survival skills (Fallen, Ünterkünfte bauen, etc.)by MrRonbon27
- Bird trapping 928 videos93
- 8:04 How to make a Bow Trapby TheGods1marine 313,018 views
- 4:34 How To Build A Spring Snare Trap.by TheGods1marine 816,470 views
- 1:45 To Catch a Birdby kandbshow 135,541 views
- 1:05 survival arapuca live bird trapby desiremeansneverquit 61,258 views
- 2:32 Native American fish trap, Wilderness Survivalby Tim Jones 582,638 views
- 2:39 bird trapby Robert Mccallum 355,155 views
- 6:56 How to Make Pig Spear Trapby Reggie's Bushcraft 251,984 views
- 6:07 Paiute Deadfallby Michael Lummio 59,675 views
- 6:14 LA TRAMPA de anzuelos (para pescar aves)by viajeroindomito 377,867 views
- 1:53 How to make a leg snare platform trapby GratzyTheGame 278,729 views
- 2:29 How to set our Pipe Trapby Do your own Pest Control and Save $ 671,082 views
- Loading more suggestions...