Let us all unite in the name of democracy - Charlie Chaplin
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 17, 2011
Speech by Charlie Chaplin in movie "The Great Dictator" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grea...
*** Full transcript of his Speech ***
I'm sorry but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone.
I should like to help everyone if possible: Jew, gentile, black man, white.
We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that.
We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery.
We don't want to hate and despise one another.
In this world there's room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
The way of life can be free and beautiful but we have lost the way.
Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in.
Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness, hard and unkind.
We think too much and feel too little.
More than machinery we need humanity.
More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.
Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together.
The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man, cries out for universal brotherhood, for the unity of us all.
Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.
To those who can hear me I say, "Do not despair."
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress.
The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people.
And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.
Soldiers, don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think, and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder.
Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men with machine minds and machine hearts.
You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men!
You have the love of humanity in your hearts.
You don't hate. Only the unloved hate, the unloved and the unnatural.
Soldiers, don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty!
In the 17th chapter of St Luke it is written, "The Kingdom of God is within man. Not one man nor a group of men, but in all men. In you!"
You, the people, have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness.
You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power.
Let us all unite! Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security.
By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power.
But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!
Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
Now let us fight to fulfil that promise!
Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance.
Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.
Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "People Have the Power" on
- 1:47:50 Albin Kurti në ''Tonight Ilva Tare''by ilva tareFeatured 28,967
- 2:00:00 THE GREAT DICTATOR | EL GRAN DICTADOR (subs. english & español)by TUTOMUETE 325,254 views
- 5:51 A MESSAGE FOR ALL OF HUMANITY - Extended Versionby Tragedyand Hope 102,144 views
- 3:38 The Greatest Speech Ever Madeby Find The Others 11,757,545 views
- 4:05 Anonymous - A truly inspirational speech "In the name of democracy, let us all unite!"by Buzz Solo 11,295 views
- Charlie Chaplin 37,664 videos1K
- 16:04 True News 13: Statism is Dead - Part 3 - The Matrixby Stefan Molyneux 459,814 views
- 3:54 The Most Powerful Speech You Will Want To Hear. Thank You Mr. Chaplinby STOP FORECLOSURE FRAUD 142,441 views
- 9:09 Greatest Motivating Inspiration Video In The Universeby SluggerJT44 486,278 views
- 4:05 Let Us All Unite - polskie napisy PLby DIABLO CB 89,875 views
- 4:05 Charlie Chaplin's Dictator Speechby NilesBrokman 11,994 views
- 3:32 Abdul Kalam inspirational Speech on Leadership and Motivationby Nav Dabb 374,326 views
- 2:42 Charlie Chaplin - Let Us All Uniteby Eren X 60,019 views
- 3:56 Let Us All Unite!by Steeper33 5,376 views
- 1:07:33 The Kid (El chico) - Charlie Chaplin (1921)by Antolín Martínez 1,123,340 views
- 4:54 Charlie Chaplin - Let Us All Unite [HD]by ODST107's Official Channel 17,787 views
- 0:45 Single Biggest Problem of India - நம்பிக்கை குறைபாடு - Gopinathby ManojThansi 8,437 views
- 6:42 The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutesby Kim Seong Lee 26,088,687 views
- 3:58 The Greatest Speech Ever Made!!by Human dignity + compassion peace 21,260 views
- 5:23 best of Charlie Chaplinby LVartizz 1,804,475 views
- 4:41 The Great Dictator Speech (Charlie Chaplin) & Inception Soundtrack (Time)by DerPestmann 357,584 views
- Loading more suggestions...