Ulrich Schwalb ( IAK ) interviewing Paula Shaw (The MAX-Workshop)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 3, 2009
Interview with Paula Shaw
taken from THE MAX-seminar first time in germany
next date: Germany, April 10th -13th 2010, Grube Louise (www.grubelouise.de)
THE MAX - Stretching the Limits of Your Self-Expression
with PAULA SHAW The MAX is an outrageous voyage through your own humanity—a journey to turn yourself inside out and explore the extent of your self-expressive power. It employs a variety of acting, communication, and observation methods designed to expand your limits "to the max" and move you into a new arena of personal creativity and self-expression.
The MAX is extremely challenging. Participants must commit to a rigorous exploration of the sources of their emotional limitations. Seminar hours are longer than usual early in the week (and shorter later in the week). Participants work individually in front of the room, playing to and with other group members. There are exercises that use raw emotion, role-playing, and "dress-up" assignments.
This is an opportunity to experience yourself in a way you may have dreamed about but never imagined possible. The game is risk. The premise: You're either daring or dead. This course is not for the faint of heart, but it is full of heart, humor, and irreverence, constructed with the understanding that this kind of risk taking requires a very safe workspace. If your heart beats faster when you think of taking this workshop, then maybe it's just the thing to do.
Please note: Due to the intense and sequential nature of this workshop, attendance at all sessions is necessary.
Paula Shaw, a professional actress and acting teacher for over 25 years, conducts workshops in expanding self-expression, well-being, and creativity for non-actors across the United States and Canada and and now, for the first time, here in Germany.
She was a protégé of the legendary actress, teacher, writer and director Uta Hagen and is a lifetime member and current moderator of the Actors` Studio in Los Angeles, California.
She has taught at CAL ARTS and the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute of Los Angeles and is a workshop and work scholar leader at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California.
She currently acts, writes and teaches in Vancouver and Los Angeles.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:20 Esalen Farm & Garden 2009, Part One, Growing Through the Seasonsby Benjamin FahrerFeatured 14,129
- 4:16 Uta Hagen's Acting Classby Matthew Edginton 249,707 views
- 2:43 Master Class with Legendary Acting Teacher Uta Hagenby TheWorkingArts 39,308 views
- 9:42 Esalenby the4seasons 412 views
- 1:29 Paula Shaw's Holiday Greetingsby MrYoungTVShow 1,213 views
- 15 videos Play all Acting classesby jfarleynyc1
- 27:02 Intimacy & the Chakras with Anodea Judithby PrivateMattersTVShow 374 views
- 6:38 Landmark Education inspired these Wild Waitakere Warriorsby pupro 2,616 views
- 8:25 IAK 2008by petigaradivya 1,180 views
- 5:08 Paula Shaw - Theatrical Demo Reelby JesseDaly 218 views
- 5:13 Innovative Workspace Designby SmithLaRockArch 6,504 views
- 3:06 edge academy™ Sudhir Udayakanth News9 30Sept09.wmvby TheEdgeacademy 674 views
- 8:11 Kim Koeller: Eat Out Anytime, Any Place - CBN.comby CBNonline 421 views
- 2:59 Leonard Laskow, M.D. - Esalen Seminar Testimonialby LeonardLaskow 1,198 views
- 6:51 Free Acting Lessons - Lesson 3 - Discovering Your Unique Talentby bpittagent 15,939 views
- 3:50 The Allen Schwalb Interview.movby idea357 612 views
- 3:06 Interview with Lee and Paula Strasburgby edcvideo101 531 views
- 4:16 Lynn Redgrave on the 2009 Lunt-Fontanne Fellowship Program at Ten Chimneysby TenChimneys 11,100 views
- 6:30 Caring For Cynthiaby CaringforCynthia 1,069 views
- 5:00 Big Sur Wilderness Experience: Esalen Instituteby surharper 40,880 views
- 2:46 YMAD Part II: A Landmark Education SELP Projectby YMAD05 1,470 views
- Loading more suggestions...