Aquila Low G Red Series new version!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 25, 2012
September 2012 -Italy
This is a not professional movie with the new Aquila Red Series strings.
The new version is stronger, brighter than the first elastic RS version.
Elasticity: like Nylgut/Nylon strings.
Tuning: very fast & stable than before.
Gauges: these strings are denser so gauges are thinner than those of the first version FURTHER INFORMATIONS
Who never dreamed of tuning the ukulele in low G, without using a 4th wound string?
Wound strings indeed, together with the quality of sound power shows problems that in ukulele are very considered:
1) shorter lifetime than the treble strings
2) bright and intrusive performances compared to the treble strings
3) excessive sustain
4) noise caused by the fingers of the left hand
5) rapid oxidation of the metal wire in case of acid sweat or in presence of high level's moisture
The only alternative solution used today is the use of a fluocarbon string. Its performance, however, is never entirely satisfactory because a low string, to be really good, must not only use materials with high density but also a bit flexible. Fluorocarbon is unfortunately a very stiff material.
Density, is indeed the secret for the sound quality of a low string.
We are happy to announce that we managed to won a difficult technological challenge (already tried by many others but without success): unwound fourth strings now finally exist.
Yu will finally be able to tune your ukulele in Low G ensuring the right balanced sustain & power,sound quality and intonation on frets better than the fluorocarbon strings ( the note do not became sharper) fully integrated with that of the upper treble strings.
Technical solution adopted: Nylgut added with red copper powder in order to increase the density to about twice that of standard white Nylgut
-Surface: slightly rough; this texture has eliminated the squeak that sometime hapen with the Nylguts.
-Intonation: accurate past the 12th fret
-Pressing strongly the string on the frets, the note does not became sharper
-It is not necessary to file the nut slot wider to accommodate it like hapen with the fluocarbon G strings
-Density: about twice than standard white Nylgut
Single packaged 4th unwound Soprano Low G tuning, Code 70U (gauge: .95 mm)
-Single packaged 4th unwound Concert Low G tuning, Code 71U (gauge:.97 mm)
-Single packaged 4th unwound Tenor Low G tuning, Code 72U (gauge: 1.00 mm)
-Single packaged 4th D unwound Baritone DGBE tuning, Code 74U (gauge: 1.28 mm)
-Single packaged 1st A unwound Tenor 6 strings, Code 75U (gauge: .94 mm)
-Single packaged 4th G unwound Tenor 8 strings, Code 76U (gauge: 1,00 mm)
-Single packaged 3rd unwound Concert High G/Low G tuning, Code 77U (gauge: .82 mm); .32 inches
-Single packaged 3rd unwound Tenor High G/Low G tuning, Code 78U (gauge: .84 mm); .33 inches
-Single packaged 3rd G unwound Baritone, DGBE tuning, Code 73U (gauge: .90 mm); .35 inches
-Single packaged 3rd unwound Banjouke, Code 79U (gauge: .82 mm); .32 inches
-Single packaged 3rd unwound 6 string Tenor, Code 80U (gauge: .82 mm); .32 inches
-Single packaged 3rd unwound 8 string Tenor, Code 81U (gauge: .82 mm); .32 inches
Standard YouTube License
- 8:31 Introducing Aquila's New Low G Stringby LeolaniUkulele6,280 views
- 41:50 Ukulele strings, price, and tuning - a pseudo-scientific study (starring the Kala KA-BFTE)by Byntje Music269 views
- 6:38 Aquila Unwound, Low G RED SERIES ukulele stringby Sporin5,996 views
- 10:03 Glen Rose Jazz Ukulele Lesson Autumn Leavesby Glen Rose62,741 views
- 8:07 How To Play Three Easy Christmas Songs on The Ukulele!by The Ukulele Teacher49,372 views
- 1:07:05 UOGB anarchy in the ukuleleby Truth's Law19,877 views
- 9:49 Ukulele - Changing Stringsby Rigk Sauer131,290 views
- 6:10 Fingerstyle Ukulele Instruction Low G Tuningby Aaron Keim15,637 views
- 78 videos Play all bach ukuleleby michaelbeilstein
- 5:53 Aquila Strings: Nylgut or Bionylon?by Ken Middleton17,146 views
- 2:31 Low G vs. High G - Ukulele Remixby ukuleleremix24,607 views
- 6:23 Christmas Carol Medley - Sungha Jungby jwcfree190,117 views
- 10:00 Aquila Strings - Vicenza, Italy - Factory Tour - Bosko & Honey's UKULELE SAFARI 2008by Bosko & Honey71,954 views
- 2:14 Aquila new Red Series ukulele strings: how to install them properlyby Aquilastrings6,371 views
- 3:46 Ukulele String Review- NEW D'addario Nyltech-Titanium2 & Aquila Nylgut -on Luna TTby HawaiiMusicSupply5,649 views
- 3:29 North Korea children playing the guitar. Creepy as hell.by thehypnoguy118,531,523 views
- 4:09 How to fit a preshaped guitar nutby stewartmacdonald61,017 views
- 5:50 10 MORE Ukuleles Under $200!by HawaiiMusicSupply46,338 views
- 8:43 5 Effective Strumming Patterns for Beginners [Ukulele Lesson]by uketricks196,543 views
- 3:00 Four Different Ways to String/Tune Your Baritone Ukuleleby MyaMoeUkuleles24,691 views