LAST EXIT: PUNTA JUNTA
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 25, 2012
LAST EXIT: PUNTA JUNTA (announcement for Delia Brown exhibition with Country Club and Martha Otero, Los Angeles, 3/3-4/15, 2012)
Music - Nelson Marquez
Lyrics & Direction - Delia Brown
Videography & Editing - Nathan Sacharow
With performances by Evelyn Charlot & Morena Santos
LYRICS (with footnotes):
(Hmmm. This is a really interesting canvas.
Do you have anything with glitter, and pandas?)
Oh, you don't own me, Saatchi?
You don't need a gangsta bitch, like Apache?
Scotch me...Til' I blow up like Grotjahn
I'm a keep it cold so you better keep your coat on
I'm lookin' around, I see you've got a nice joint
But what's up with this empty wall? What's your price point?
The canon of expensiveness requires that you own things,
Big fat stone rings, hand-blown things.
You need to keep it currant, like a small grape -
You need this painting. I'll remove the tape.
D, life ain't an art fair. I'm not naïve -
I can see you're up to something, what you got up in your sleeve?
A guerrilla vacay -- a coup d'etat -
Uh-oh, this sounds like a brouhaha
What's up with the uprising, D? You think you're Libyan?
Not a revolution - a trip to the Caribbean!
(Yes! That's what I'm talking about, let's do this)
Damien Hirst-style , Richard Prince nurse-style
Fuck what was erstwhile, I'm through it like a turn-stile --
If you've got the gumption, meet me at the junction
[of] Viva La Vacacion [and] Conspicuous Consumption .
I'm pretty sure we can do this if we're clever:
It's off-season down on Saint - Whatever.
There's a lotta empty villas, from here to Anguilla
Pack your army gear, your camo mantilla
Haha! Now we're livin' on mangos and vanilla beans
Pick up some Tagalog tag-a-longs in the Phillipines
Hold up - to be specific,
Aren't the Phillipines like in the Pacific?
OK, now we're on a jet on our way to St Maarten
Ha ha! Now the party's startin'
But we gotta get away, they play too much Europop
Hijack a turboprop, fly that to Eden Rock
Back in St Barth, raidin' mini-bar vittles
Poor Frankie barfed, ate too many Skittles
We pilfer champagne and Evian waters
I bet they never saw hotter squatters
We hit Martinique on the way to Mustique ,
Hang with Mick Jagger for about a week
'Til all of these fancy-pants Brits show up
And we're feeling like we're 'bout to see our shit blown up
I'm like, see those kayaks there? Let's take those,
Paddle over to Turks and Caicos.
You've got some good ideas, some that are throwaways
But was I thinking when I said we should be stowaways?
In the hold of hundred foot yacht?
It was dank, and hot, I should have listened to Kat.
On deck, man in a white jacket, smokin' a cuban
We're like, What's up Captain Stubin'!
Nice pinkie ring, G, let me have that thingy -
He got so scared he jumped into a dinghy
He could see we're on a mission like San Juan Bautista,
Blowin' up spots like sexy Sandanistas
(we just watched him float away in the water, getting' smaller and smaller...
reminded me of Bas Jan Ader...bye-bye!!)
Punta Junta? We're almost there.
No Biennial again? I could almost care...
I feel like General Sherman when he took Savannah
Smokin' Romeo & Julieta , sippin' Havana
Club , I could stay forever, whatever the weather, man,
All I need's a paintbrush, a mic and a Leatherman
I'm on a thousand thread count, or on a hammock dozin'—
I should paint my own picture 'cause I can't stop posin'.
Our bivouac is bangin, havin' too much fun
And my hair's getting blonde from the sun...
What's next up? I got an empty flute to fill
See those villas up there on the hill? Yup.
That's Steve Martin's house at the top of the ridge
I bet he's not home, I bet that his fridge
Is chock full of Veuve , Let's move - sounds cool...
To the next infinity pool...
Start packing like you got a new bong
Let's jam like my inbox, with Move-on
Mail . Ready-set-sail, let's make it happen
I'm mapping it out, we're on the route to
Last exit: Punta Junta
copyright 2012 Delia Brown
Standard YouTube License
- 26:39 #1 Ensalada de los Apaches de Usulutan - ( Las Buenas Epocas de El Salvador ).mp4by Oscar Castro46,342 views
- 12:59 Grupo Kazzabe-Rebane 2013-Noche de estrellas 7 Edicionby Roberto Coto83,465 views
- 9:56 #1 Ensalada Los Vikings de Usulutan El Salvador ( Buenas Epocas de EL Salvador ).mp4by Oscar Castro30,590 views
- 15:03 Minecraft - Yami's Survival Walkthrough Part 4 "DIAMONDS"by yamimash56,833 views
- 3:50 phillipsARTexpert: Delia Brown in NY Studio 2008by PhillipsDePury1,639 views
- 29:16 ANTHONY B vienna 1.mpgby Mickey Kodak1,438 views
- 3:30 El Salvador Classic Soft Music - Enamorado del Amor - Los Apaches (LP Footage on CD)by InCash4U9,223 views
- 4:16 Carnaval Martinique - Dimanche Gras - Bradjacksby SultanOfMada2,220 views
- 10:46 Damien Hirst talks about "A Thousand Years"by funmonkey1149,611 views
- 2:29 bailando puntaby 1LOVE2SOULS503,618 views
- 4:54 Robert Hughes: The Business of Art. Damien Hirst is all hypeby Carms2k129,898 views
- 10:23 GRUPO SANTA FE - EL GUSANO EN VIVO!by MusicaCatrachaTV765,850 views
- 2:31 Y en cambio tu - Los Vikings de Usulutanby ElRinconMusical358,230 views
- 4:06 Artist Delia Brown in The Young And The Restlessby bustherrhymes735 views
- 4:30 Autoclav1.1 - When We Woke Upby Dimitris Oneiroscope1,679 views
- 2:56 Everwood - Linda Tells Deliaby ithinkyourewonderful4,827 views
- 8:04 How to vacuum an Inground Pool Videoby Jason Hughes144,564 views
- 10:00 punta catracha mixby ROCA8215922,507 views
- 18:40 How To Set Up a Bestway Fast Set Poolby SwimInPoolSupplies12,222 views
- 7:33 Old But Gold / House | Techno | Electro [Part 1][HD]by Top 25 Electro Charts20,841 views
- Loading more suggestions...