[SHORT VERSION] Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 23, 2013
Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves - SHORT VERSION
Black conservative leaders discuss the reason the NRA was founded and how gun control is an effort to control people.
The Center for Urban Renewal and Education (CURE) hosted a group of prominent figures from the African American community at 9:45A.M. on Friday, February 22nd at the National Press Club to speak out against gun control legislation currently being considered on Capitol Hill.
CURE is the largest black conservative think tank in the nation and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
CURE organized the news conference in response to concerns shared by black conservatives that the Senate proposed laws will restrict their ability to defend themselves, their property and their families. They are also concerned that the proposed gun control legislation puts too much power in the hands of politicians.
"I believe that it is our duty to stand together and challenge the proposals currently on the table in the Senate, which invoke painful memories of Jim Crow laws and black codes," said CURE president and founder, Star Parker. "Black history is rife with government demands for background checks in order to qualify for constitutional rights. All Americans should be concerned."
Star Parker, a nationally syndicated columnist and other noted thought leaders, authors and speakers will make the case against the type of gun control measures President Obama and his liberal allies are proposing. While the group believes that Sandy Hook was a national tragedy, they oppose its use as an opportunity to advance government control and strip any American citizens of their constitutional rights. In the middle of Black History Month, CURE is calling for a serious national dialogue about the impact of gun control on the black community.
"We want to inform United States senators that we will be notifying urban pastors, business leaders and other black voters of their legislators' position on the Second Amendment—especially blue senators in red states currently up for re-election." The news conference is to rally behind the tradition of former slave and great American orator Frederick Douglass who said, "A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
DAFR fights for the inalienable firearms rights of responsible disabled Americans. Disabled Americans have unique needs when exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. The mission of DAFR is intertwined within five basic areas of focus.
These areas consist of:
1. The introduction of firearms for self-defense to disabled Americans.
2. Shooting sports program and organized competition for disabled Americans and wounded veterans.
3. Oversee firearms legislation and research their impact on Americans with disabilities.
4. Offer assistance to responsible disabled Americans in order to exercise their 2nd Amendment right.
5. Educating the public and elected officials about how disabled American firearms owners have unique needs that must be met when exercising their 2nd Amendment right.
We have also become concerned with recent legislation that is proposed throughout the United States in reaction to the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. With that, our organization has taken a clear stand on various bills, public acts and proposed laws that we deem would be disadvantageous to responsible disabled firearms owners. DAFR intends to shed light on the fact that many Disabled Americans can only use certain types of firearms such as the highly adaptable AR15 rifle platform. A ban or other serious restrictions on the AR15 rifle as well as certain other firearms will have an adverse effect on the rights of thousands of disabled Americans.
If you support Disabled Americans for Firearms Rights, please visit our website at http://www.dafr.org , join our organization and spread the word, THANK YOU ALL for the support!
Standard YouTube License
- 3:34 Latest Example of Liberal Intolerance: Columnist Calls Black Conservatives 'Animals'by PJ Media Featured 34,413
- 9:24 OBAMA BANNED THIS VIDEO - GEE, I WONDER WHY!.flvby Lea1101110,839,634 views
- 6:48 Blacks Would Not Be Democrats If They Only Knew This...by Patriot Update113,626 views
- 6:46 Michael Moore Loses Gun Control Debate HARDby PeoplesUnderground575,415 views
- 8:19 NAVY SEAL vs PIERS MORGAN On Gun Controlby MOXNEWSd0tC0M665,552 views
- 6:50 Piers Morgan gets angry after losing Gun Control debate and throws his notes towards his guest !by Nycresistance2,231,776 views
- 7:18 Anti-Gun Liberal News Anchor gets destroyed repeatedly during Interview with Keith Morganby newsninja2012352,702 views
- 3:08 15 year old girl leaves anti-gun politicians speechlessby James Madison4,921,418 views
- 21:11 Troops Ordered To Kill All Americans Who Do Not Turn In Gunsby TheAlexJonesChannel3,067,738 views
- 7:32 Best 7 minutes on gun control I have ever seen!by Carrie Bevill1,308,872 views
- 6:36 Crime Stats Piers Morgan MSM Won't Discuss - 2013 Gun Control Debateby F0x121453,156 views
- 53:39 Titanoboa: Monster Snake - (Full Episode)by Smithsonian Channel2,262,445 views
- 1:08:27 NRA President David Keene talks gun control with CNNs John King at Harvard Institute of Politicsby DAFRUSA5,291 views
- 23:14 SnowBird Exposes Black Women As Desperate & Insecure..See How!!by Tommys Epicrantstwo1,213,267 views
- 6:28 Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned.by MrPsychoVids859,393 views
- 37:42 Shocking Interview Obama Does Not Want You to Seeby TheAlexJonesChannel182,636 views
- 45:48 Onboard Air Force Oneby GOAF2014 DEVRU+2,092,101 views
- 44:43 Secrets of Future Airpower [HD]by GOAF2014 DEVRU+1,133,376 views
- 29:31 CPAC 2013 - Former Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK)by The ACU279,073 views
- 15:27 Awesome gun control debate (better audio)by James Madison94,130 views
- Loading more suggestions...