10 Years to Life for Medical Marijuana: The Trial of Aaron Sandusky
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 13, 2012
FOR THOSE IN THE COMMENTS ASKING WHERE TO HELP, AARON SANDUSKY HAS SENT US A LINK TO HIS LEGAL FUND: http://aaronsanduskylegalfund.com/home
"This is a Constitutional battle, and we're going to defend our rights," says Aaron Sandusky, the owner of a medical marijuana dispensary in Upland, California who now faces federal drug trafficking charges even though he was operating within California state law.
Reason.tv first profiled Sandusky in late 2011 in the midst of a federal crackdown on marijuana dispensaries across California, which occurred despite repeated promises from the Obama administration to lay off operators compliant with state law (Incidentally, the city of Upland, which initiated the legal action against G3, admitted in court that Sandusky was operating within state law). During the production of that video, Sandusky's storefront and grow house were raided, his assets seized and his product destroyed. But Sandusky was undeterred and joined a lawsuit with several other dispensary owners, challenging the right of city governments to outright ban dispensaries. After a favorable ruling from an appellate court, Sandusky re-opened, and the city of Upland was powerless to stop him. But the Feds were not happy with this outcome.
Sandusky was arrested and charged with six counts of drug trafficking, some of which could carry a life sentence. He's spent the last seven weeks in a county prison, just awaiting a bond hearing. He finally was granted bail last Friday and is now out on house arrest, where he awaits an October trial to decide his fate. He agreed to sit down with Reason.tv for an interview to discuss his case, the state of medical marijuana in this country, and why this is a cause for which he's willing to risk it all.
"If I have to go to jail for 20 years defending this, then so be it," says Sandusky.
About 6 minutes
Produced by Zach Weissmueller. Camera by Tracy Oppenheimer.
Visit http://reason.tv for downloadable versions, and subscribe to ReasonTV's YouTube Channel to receive notifications when new material goes live.
Standard YouTube License
- 35:07 UK's Scariest Debt Collector (Full Length)by VICE Featured 2,401,094
- 43:35 The Future of Weed: HIGH COUNTRYby MotherboardTV1,378,473 views
- 12:15 Doctor Sanjay Gupta Publicly Apologizes For Being SO WRONG About Medical Marijuanaby MOXNEWSd0tC0M654,457 views
- 40:23 AMERICA'S MARIJUANA OBSESSIONby MOXNEWSd0tC0M46,756 views
- 10:57 NTV investigates in Malawi marijuana farmsby NTV Kenya131,489 views
- 1:29:10 Adventures of an Urban Astrophysicistby ResearchChannel233,157 views
- 56:45 Crystal Meth ★ The Hardest Drug - Documentary 2013by Zaida Veller2,474,683 views
- 8:42 Federal Government Has Basically Just Legalized Marijuanaby Mark Dice55,353 views
- 31:12 Gov. Gary Johnson on Red Eye with Penn Jillette & Remi Spencer (2012-06-06)by GaryJohnsonVideos30,630 views
- 3:33 Girl, 7, uses medical marijuana for cancer treatmentby CNN45,474 views
- 49:01 Marijuana - Documentaryby Gabriel P542,954 views
- 25:01 Fault Lines - Iraq: After the Americans Part 1by Al Jazeera English145,818 views
- 5:34 How to grow Marijuana Like a Pro: Big Sluggers 2012 Greenhouse/Outdoor Growby MarijuanaGrowersHQ293,116 views
- 3:54 Cali Elite Dispensary Tour - Premium Green Dispensary Tourby nugporn83,236 views
- 2:53 Montel Williams Opens High-End Medical Marijuana Dispensaryby MyCuriousBrain152,354 views
- 13:16 Marijuana vs Heroin DEA Chief Cluelessby TheAlexJonesChannel50,220 views
- 1:22:25 Medicinal Cannabis - Educational Documentary - Cannabinoid Compoundsby XIxItalianoxIX211,123 views
- 9:28 Drip System Rev 3by GrowerMD34,850 views
- 8:17 Medical Marijuana for Kidsby ABC News488,095 views
- 4:54 Polis Questions DEA on Marijuana Policyby Congressman Jared Polis486,106 views
- Loading more suggestions...