10 Years to Life for Medical Marijuana: The Trial of Aaron Sandusky
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 13, 2012
FOR THOSE IN THE COMMENTS ASKING WHERE TO HELP, AARON SANDUSKY HAS SENT US A LINK TO HIS LEGAL FUND: http://aaronsanduskylegalfund.com/home
"This is a Constitutional battle, and we're going to defend our rights," says Aaron Sandusky, the owner of a medical marijuana dispensary in Upland, California who now faces federal drug trafficking charges even though he was operating within California state law.
Reason.tv first profiled Sandusky in late 2011 in the midst of a federal crackdown on marijuana dispensaries across California, which occurred despite repeated promises from the Obama administration to lay off operators compliant with state law (Incidentally, the city of Upland, which initiated the legal action against G3, admitted in court that Sandusky was operating within state law). During the production of that video, Sandusky's storefront and grow house were raided, his assets seized and his product destroyed. But Sandusky was undeterred and joined a lawsuit with several other dispensary owners, challenging the right of city governments to outright ban dispensaries. After a favorable ruling from an appellate court, Sandusky re-opened, and the city of Upland was powerless to stop him. But the Feds were not happy with this outcome.
Sandusky was arrested and charged with six counts of drug trafficking, some of which could carry a life sentence. He's spent the last seven weeks in a county prison, just awaiting a bond hearing. He finally was granted bail last Friday and is now out on house arrest, where he awaits an October trial to decide his fate. He agreed to sit down with Reason.tv for an interview to discuss his case, the state of medical marijuana in this country, and why this is a cause for which he's willing to risk it all.
"If I have to go to jail for 20 years defending this, then so be it," says Sandusky.
About 6 minutes
Produced by Zach Weissmueller. Camera by Tracy Oppenheimer.
Visit http://reason.tv for downloadable versions, and subscribe to ReasonTV's YouTube Channel to receive notifications when new material goes live.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:54 Cali Elite Dispensary Tour - Premium Green Dispensary Tourby nugporn Featured 82,795
- 1:22:25 Medicinal Cannabis - Educational Documentary - Cannabinoid Compoundsby XIxItalianoxIX208,836 views
- 43:35 The Future of Weed: HIGH COUNTRYby MotherboardTV1,351,312 views
- 12:15 Doctor Sanjay Gupta Publicly Apologizes For Being SO WRONG About Medical Marijuanaby MOXNEWSd0tC0M653,273 views
- 8:42 Federal Government Has Basically Just Legalized Marijuanaby Mark Dice54,687 views
- 1:29:10 Adventures of an Urban Astrophysicistby ResearchChannel232,782 views
- 5:34 How to grow Marijuana Like a Pro: Big Sluggers 2012 Greenhouse/Outdoor Growby MarijuanaGrowersHQ292,342 views
- 2:53 Montel Williams Opens High-End Medical Marijuana Dispensaryby MyCuriousBrain152,109 views
- 5:27 Great Trees for Cannibis Smokers... Hide your Propertyby bil hir1,568,169 views
- 3:33 Girl, 7, uses medical marijuana for cancer treatmentby CNN44,920 views
- 9:28 Drip System Rev 3by GrowerMD34,470 views
- 31:12 Gov. Gary Johnson on Red Eye with Penn Jillette & Remi Spencer (2012-06-06)by GaryJohnsonVideos30,541 views
- 5:26 Is Medical Marijuana Too Strong?by The Young Turks59,944 views
- 4:40 Rocky Mountain High: Colorado's Medical Marijuana Industry, Part 1by Joe Fryer16,947 views
- 8:17 Medical Marijuana for Kidsby ABC News487,434 views
- 3:43 DEA Head's Absurd Marijuana Testimonyby The Young Turks136,430 views
- 3:16 Are We In the Final Days of Marijuana Prohibition?by ReasonTV42,823 views
- 2:09 Greenhouse Harvest 2010by ursabear08221,416 views
- 5:02 Ted Nugent Goes Off In CBS Interviewby The Young Turks373,465 views
- 13:16 Marijuana vs Heroin DEA Chief Cluelessby TheAlexJonesChannel50,220 views
- Loading more suggestions...