Nigel Farage on the Rise of UKIP, the Fall of Europe, and the Parallels for the US
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 10, 2012
check us out on Facebook
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account. Nigel Farage is a UK politician with a strong US following. He has seen his own party, UKIP, grow from a fringe faction to a viable mainstream alternative. By turning his European Parliamentary position into a bully pulpit for a growing movement of euro-skeptics, he has managed to ride an alternative political wave sweeping across the Atlantic. And many of his speeches before the EU have gone viral on the internet, particularly on the financial blogosphere in the United States, making the man and his United Kingdom Independence Party a force to be reckoned with. Nigel Farage joins us in studio to discuss all this, as well as what happens behind the scenes of Europe's Parliament and give us a sneak peak at his relationship with other MEPs behind the new iron curtain!
Also, the IMF said Europe's banks may need to sell as much as 4.5 trillion dollars in assets through 2013 if policy makers fall short of their pledges to curb the crisis. This is 18 percent more than previously estimated. The failure to implement fiscal tightening could force EU banks to shrink assets, according to the IMF, and this painful deleveraging might crimp growth. We talk to Nigel Farage, leader of the UK Independence Party and Member of European Parliament, about how much pain is still left in the Eurozone. We ask him if he has been surprised at all, by the resilience of Eurozone leaders in their resolve to keep the monetary union together, and if he see's a timeline for a Grexit, a Spexit, and perhaps even an exit of France from the Franco-German Pact!
And Jamie Dimon was in Washington today, speaking at the Council on Foreign Relations. We are weeks away from the one year anniversary of MF Global's collapse. Since JP Morgan was a major counterparty and custodial bank of MF global, Capital Account tracked Jamie Dimon down to ask him about what he knew in the weeks before the broker's collapse. We also took him to task on the Bear Stearns acquisition and the civil fraud suit. Stay tuned to find out what he said at the end of the show!
Standard YouTube License
- 28:00 Future of the US and Europe with Nigel Farage and Lew Rockwell on Capital Accountby Capital AccountFeatured 38,811
- 27:53 Nigel Farage on the "EU Titanic" and the "Rebirth of National Socialism in Europe"by Capital Account 69,026 views
- 28:05 Nigel Farage on the Failings of the EU Summit and an Antidemocratic Europeby Capital Account 39,816 views
- 28:04 David Stockman on Federal Reserve Arrogance and Monetary Mission Creep!by CapitalAccount 26,675 views
- 3:44 FARAGE IS PURE GOLD !by kev wishfix 183,058 views
- UKIP Media 723 videos12K
- 5:47 Scotland cannot be an independent country and a member of the EUby ukipwebmaster 25,357 views
- 13:18 UKIP Nigel Farage VS LIBLABCON on BBC Paxman 2012by UKIP Media 49,368 views
- 1:45 Nigel Farage calls Hitler YouTubeby onetinsoldier1984's channel 70,718 views
- 15:45 Best Nigel Farage speechesby UKIP Official Channel 122,476 views
- 28:03 Lew Rockwell explains how the Federal Reserve Enables War, Empire, and Destroys the Middle Classby CapitalAccount 28,063 views
- 22:47 BBC Newsnight - Britain outside the EU, Dec 2012by ukipmedia 25,548 views
- 9:45 Nigel Farage - If Germany Said, 'We've Had Enough', It Would Be the End of the Euroby Global Economic News 21,000 views
- 7:53 Nigel Farage on Barack Obama and Sovereign Debtby Common Sense Capitalism 5,919 views
- 9:12 QT: Euro fascists attack Nigel Farage over sinking Europe (25Nov10)by liarpoliticians2 223,715 views
- 3:56 BBC acusses Nigel Farage of smoking & drinking too muchby PlanetEarthAwakens01 2,926 views
- 29:19 Nigel Farage An EU skeptic view on the European Dis unionby TruthAndFreedom101 2,022 views
- 28:01 Gerald Celente on the Presidential Reality Show and Lessons from the JFK Assassinationby CapitalAccount 19,152 views
- 12:41 UKIP Nigel Farage - Scottish independence impossible if they remain in the the EU - Sep 2012by UKIP Media 17,008 views
- 8:18 Nigel Farage takes on the Eurocrats about the meaning of democracyby europarl 53,909 views
- 18:17 Diskussion zwischen Nigel Farage und Oskar Lafontaine am Swiss Economic Forum (SEF 2012)by BeatTrittibach 26,495 views
- Loading more suggestions...