Sanctuary by the Sea, Carmel, California
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 20, 2013
Nourish your body, mind and spirit in this special Carmel-by-the-Sea Cottage called "Sanctuary" that was remodeled in recent years with a new kitchen and guest bathroom.
The owners have created a wonderful refuge in this 1,800 square-foot cottage and invite you to take time out to experience the breathtaking beauty and exquisite charm of Carmel and the surrounding Monterey Peninsula and Big Sur Coast.
The cottage is filled with a wonderful collection of books, videos, DVDs, music and art that ranges from the whimsical to the sacred, a collection that can be both inspirational and entertaining. A powerful sense of place calls forth the artist within and says come play, write, paint, create, rest, allow, be.
The cottage lends itself to reflection and renewal and at the same time, everything you could possibly need, including a picnic basket, beach chairs even a beach grill (Carmel allows fires on the beach), is available for those who want to venture out to the beaches, countryside and nearby redwood forests of Big Sur.
The owner once had an Inn in Vermont and special care has been taken to provide many of the same amenities, including a bottle of wine from a local vineyard and hors d'oeuvres upon arrival. The beds have luxury cotton sheets, hypo-allergenic comforters, un-feather beds, oversized towels (on a towel warmer), Spa bathrobes, magazines, tickets to the aquarium, wine tasting and much more (see amenities).
Upon entering Sanctuary with its colorful cascading flower boxes, you will find a lovely space with vaulted white ceilings, warm white cottage walls, oak floors, and plenty of windows that allow light and yet are oriented to maintain privacy. On the first floor is the living room with a wood-burning fireplace and gas kindler, and a dining area that seats six - 8 guests and opens to the newly remodeled kitchen.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a professional Viking range and top appliances, unique serving pieces and platters for entertaining. There are numerous cookbooks to browse through including one by the owner, who has written a cookbook filled with great recipes
and stories from her life in Vermont at the Inn at the Round Barn Farm in Waitsfield, Vt.
On the first floor there is a guest bedroom called the birdhouse room with a queen-sized bed that has a white picket fence bed frame and two small bird houses on posts. Just seeing this bed invites you to come nestle under the cozy plush comforter with a good novel and cup of tea.
The media room has two large picture windows overlooking the flower-covered deck and fenced-in back yard (pet and child-friendly). There is a 42-inch HDTV color TV with full cable, video/DVD library, high-speed wireless internet connection and numerous books.
There is a trundle twin bed couch that can sleep 2 singles or be made into a king bed with a memory foam topper.
The first floor also has an updated renovated bathroom with subway tiled shower as well as a washer and dryer. There is a wonderful private deck with grill, comfortable furniture and distant ocean views with white water thru the pines making for spectacular Carmel sunsets.
On the upper level is the master bedroom with a king-sized Bed. There is a HDTV with complete cable/video/DVD and a wood-burning fireplace with gas kindler. The vaulted ceilings and tall windows give a sense of spaciousness and the feeling of being in a tree house.
One can catch beautiful sunsets looking toward the ocean. The crisp night air, warm cozy comforters and the sound of the ocean in the distance make for a wonderful night's sleep.
The newly remodeled master bathroom is done in cottage white with butter-cream accents. There are oak floors, a vintage cast-iron bathtub with double rolled edges with distant views out a large picture window to the ocean and privacy from the tall pines.
There is a separate shower with hand-crafted subway tiles, and frameless glass enclosure, two pedestal sinks, ample storage and a separate water closet this is located inside the master suite. Please note that if a guest is sleeping in the Velveteen Rabbit Room that they would have to walk thru the master suite to access the upstairs bathroom or use the bathroom downstairs below that is accessible off the hallway. There is also a large walk-in closet with plenty of handing space and room to put your suitcases.
The Velveteen Rabbit Room is a small room that has multiple uses. There is a trundle bed that sleeps 1-2 individuals and can be made into a king-size bed. It could be used to sleep children or adults, provide office space, artist's studio or anything else you might imagine.
There is a large second library located on the stairs landing between the master suite and
velveteen room that is filled with many inspirational and entertaining books.
Any guest who stays here falls in love with this special cottage by the sea called Sanctuary
Standard YouTube License
- 17:15 CARMEL BY THE SEA TOURby AndoroVideos4,764 views
- 6:04 Carmel By The Sea, Californiaby Davidrushnet1,201 views
- 11:36 ERNESTO CORTAZAR COASTAL MEMORIES from Jenner-by-the-Sea to Sea Ranch,from Anna Cummingsby Werner Joemann1,441 views
- 3:44 Old Appalachian log homeby lcfgroup68,376 views
- 7:14 California 2010 - Carmel, Monterey, Big Surby Brad Allen45,213 views
- 6:23 Romantic cottages for two in the Peak Districtby Marion Sessions4,161 views
- 19:37 October 2013 California DMV Written Test - 6 question collectionby tamilar desam18,265 views
- 6:38 Cabin vacation home rental house for sale Red River Gorge Kentucky KYby Brad Simmons27,922 views
- 28:26 Around Carmel with Hunter Finnell, August 2012 sponsored by Monterey Beach Partyby HunterFinnellMedia160 views
- 10:44 Carmel By The Sea Gets A 93% Walkability Scoreby Leslie DeLuca10,179 views
- 3:17 Carmel-by-the-Sea, Californiaby blondecrazygaijin6,090 views
- 2:56 The Little Stone Cottage - Lancaster County Pennsylvaniaby javalope1,096 views
- 14:32 An Afternoon Outing To Carmel-by-the-Sea and Monterey, CA With The Family (4-3-12)by 54spiritedwill54744 views
- 2:27 Quiet Cove, Point Lobos, Carmel, CAby ripleinair1,746 views
- 5:02 California On Comic-Con 5by Kassem G2,335,363 views
- 4:22 The Cottage House: Septemberby uglybob2290997 views
- 3:20 Walking around Ile St. Louis, Parisby Richard Bradley5,675 views
- 1:35 Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Videoby Visit Carmel1,183 views
- 2:28 Romantic Self Catering Cottage in Dyffryn Ardudwy | Laundry-Cottageby Gwion Llwyd3,031 views
- 1:49 US Open of Golf Artist Susanne McCourt at the Vagabond's Houseby VagabondsHouseInn6,185 views
- Loading more suggestions...