Drive Motor Coupler Replacement (part #285753A) - Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repair
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 14, 2010
Buy part #285753A now: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetai...
Are your clothes coming out of the washer dripping wet? Is your washer not spinning or agitating? It is possible that your washing machine has a bad drive motor coupler. This free troubleshooting video shows step-by-step instructions on replacing the drive motor coupler on top loading direct drive Whirlpool, Kenmore, Sears, Roper, KitchenAid, Estate, Maytag, and Inglis washing machines.
Tools Needed: flathead screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, hex socket, and a hammer.
Many Whirlpool-made washers use a small, relatively inexpensive device called a drive motor coupling. This plastic-and-rubber component is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the drive motor coupler wears out and fails. When that happens, you need to replace it completely. To test the drive motor coupler, start the washer in its spin cycle. Let the washing machine run for a minute, and then open the lid and notice whether the tub is spinning: If the washer tub is spinning when you lift the lid, the drive motor coupling is fine.
There are a few specific symptoms to look out for that point towards your washing machine possibly needing a new drive motor coupler:
1.) Wet clothes
2.) The washing machine makes loud noises
3.) The agitator isn't working
4.) The drum isn't rotating
Every day, tens of thousands of people use our advanced, easy-to-navigate, comprehensive troubleshooting and repair help system on our website- http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHel... -- for troubleshooting by symptom, finding recommended replacement parts and learning how to successfully fix their appliances, outdoor power equipment, HVAC, and vacuums on their own. Please have your product's model number handy and head there for help diagnosing your washing machine.
If you're unable to find the information you need on our website, we suggest that you use a search online to find a reliable online repair forum. It's likely that your question has already been answered there. We also recommend contacting your product's manufacturer or calling a local repair technician.
Learn more about how a top load washer works, how to disassembly a washer and how to find your washer's model number: http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHel...
Connect With Us!
Check out our blog: http://www.DIY.RepairClinic.com Join our free VIP email list for discounts and money-saving tips: http://tinyurl.com/pnnh3be
And don't forget to like and comment on this video, and subscribe to our channel! http://www.DIY.RepairClinic.com.
Join our free VIP email list for discounts and money-saving tips: http://tinyurl.com/pnnh3be
And don't forget to like and comment on this video, and subscribe to our channel!
Standard YouTube License
Next in Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer
- 4:10 Clutch Assembly Replacement (part #285785) - Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repairby RepairClinic.com280,110 views
- 3:55 Clutch Band and Lining Repair Kit (part #285790) - Whirlpool/Kenmore Washer Repairby RepairClinic.com64,111 views
- PartSelect 752 videos7K
- 4:43 Drive Block Replacement (part #389140) - Whirlpool/ Kenmore Washer Repairby RepairClinic.com185,641 views
- 4:34 Drain Pump Replacement (part #137108100) - Frigidaire Affinity Washer Repairby RepairClinic.com109,464 views
- 11:33 Kenmore / Whirlpool Washer Not Spinning 1by Bill Newberry227,203 views
- 8:35 Washer Motor Coupling (part #285753A) - How To Replaceby AppliancePartsPros105,322 views
- 2:11 How to tell if the motor coupler is brokenby theapplianceman436,193 views
- 10:59 Clutch Whirlpool direct drive washerby theapplianceman112,966 views
- 6:41 Free power- How to convert an old washing machine into a water powered generatorby Buddhanz11,056,907 views
- 19:54 Washer Repair- Replacing the Clutch Assembly (Whirlpool Part # 285785)by PartSelect124,527 views
- 7:32 How to fix an Agitator on a Washing Machineby weezie63262,396 views
- 5:07 Motor coupler replacing Whirlpool direct drive washerby theapplianceman85,689 views
- 16:08 Transmission replace GE front serviceable washerby theapplianceman156,757 views
- 3:11 washing machine AC/DC engineby egwin kuiers257,831 views
- 8:38 Brake drive tube Whirlpool direct drive washerby theapplianceman47,400 views
- 9:50 How to repair a Kenmore 90 Series washer motor couplerby Kevin Brake180,410 views
- 6:29 Washer Lid Switch (part #3949247) - How To Replaceby AppliancePartsPros67,185 views
- 30:01 How To Fix Kenmore Washer Machine Not Spinning "Motor Coupler Repair"by matttherepairman42,235 views