Uploaded on May 5, 2010
How to make delicious pasanjeok. The full recipe is here: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/pasanjeok
Beef (sirloin steak), soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil, ground black pepper, green onions, carrots, asparagus, salt, flour, and vegetable oil.
1. Cut about 200 grams (7-8 oz) of sirloin steak into strips about 5½ inches long (13 cm), ½ inch wide (1.25 cm), and ½ inch thick (1.25 cm)
2. Tenderize by pounding the beef strips against the grain with the back of the blade of your kitchen knife..
3. Put the beef into a bowl and add 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 ts honey, ½ tbs soy sauce, 1ts sesame oil, and ¼ ts ground black pepper. Mix it with a spoon well and refrigerate it.
4. Prepare your vegetables:
- Cut 1 large carrot into several strips 4 ½ inches long, ½ inch wide, and ½ inch thick.
- Cut 6-7 stalks of asparagus (top leafy part) into 4½ inch long pieces.
- Cut 6-7 stalks of green onions into 4½ inch long pieces.
5. Boil 4 cups of water in a pot.
6. Add 1 ts salt to the boiling water and blanch carrot strips, asparagus, and white part of green onions for 1 minute with the lid closed.
*tip: don't blanch the green part of the green onions!
7. 1 minute later, strain the vegetables, rinse in cold water, and drain.
8. Put green onions, carrot, asparagus, beef strips on the skewers.
9. Make batter by mixing ½ cup flour, ½ cup water, and ½ ts salt in a bowl.
10. Drizzle some vegetable oil on a heated non-stick pan. Dip each skewer into the batter and put it on the pan to cook.
*tip: Control the heat so as not to burn the skewers
11. About 1 minute later, turn over the skewers when the bottom part is light golden brown and cook for another minute. Cooking time should only be a few minutes because all hard ingredients are pre-cooked. When the beef strips are cooked, the pancake is done.
12. Make dipping sauce by mixing 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs vinegar, and ½ tbs chopped green onions.
Serve it as appetizers or a side dish.
Standard YouTube License