TEDxThessaloniki - Paul Lewis - Citizen Journalism
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 14, 2011
Journalist Paul Lewis talks about new media, citizen journalism. and how he has used social media to investigate two murders. He also talks about the new level of transparency and accountability new media offer in public life.
Paul Lewis full bio: http://www.tedxthessaloniki.com/speak...
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 25 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. The annual TED Conference invites the world's leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes. Their talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Al Gore, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The annual TED Conference takes place in Long Beach, California, with simulcast in Palm Springs; TEDGlobal is held each year in Oxford, UK. TED's media initiatives include TED.com, where new TEDTalks are posted daily, and the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as the ability for any TEDTalk to be translated by volunteers worldwide. TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world are given the opportunity to put their wishes into action; TEDx, which offers individuals or groups a way to organize local, independent TED-like events around the world; and the TEDFellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to become part of the TED community and, with its help, amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
Follow TED on Twitter at twitter.com/TEDTalks, or on Facebook at facebook.com/TED.
Standard YouTube License
- 18:36 The Future of Journalism: Tom Rosenstiel at TEDxAtlantaby TEDxTalks2,637 views
- 9:50 Citizen Journalism is Reshaping the World: Brian Conley at TEDxMidAtlanticby TEDxTalks3,718 views
- 13:57 TEDxSydney - Brett Solomon - Citizen Journalism and the Democratisation of News Coverageby TEDxTalks4,747 views
- 13:00 TEDxThessaloniki - Lena Divani - Is that me? Why not?by TEDxTalks16,599 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,330,971 views
- 18:35 TEDxKC - Michael Wesch - From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-Ableby TEDxTalks51,072 views
- 18:12 TEDxEast - Nancy Duarte uncovers common structure of greatest communicators 11/11/2010by TEDxTalks109,777 views
- 10:03 TEDxYYC - Kirk Sorensen - Thoriumby TEDxTalks227,785 views
- 17:52 TEDxThessaloniki - Onic V. Palandjian - My passport to εὐδαιμονία (happiness +)by TEDxTalks16,530 views
- 15:41 Breaking the walls between school and society: Angelos Patsias at TEDxThessalonikiby TEDxTalks30,600 views
- 11:56 Changing Nature of Media, Citizenship Journalism: Michelle Fields at TEDxUMiamiby TEDxTalks975 views
- 15:18 TEDxThessaloniki - Colin Falconer - Οpen Talentby TEDxTalks2,581 views
- 8:23 TEDxRainier - Sarah Stuteville - Journalism Revivedby TEDxTalks2,284 views
- 16:12 TEDxRainier - Dimitri Christakis - Media and Childrenby TEDxTalks170,945 views
- 16:58 TEDxThessaloniki - Nikos Katsaounis & Nina Pashalidou - The Prism: Storytelling in a time of crisisby TEDxTalks3,251 views
- 20:45 Brené Brown at TEDxHoustonby TEDxTalks1,196,247 views
- 12:07 TEDxPresidio - Robert Rosenthal - Investigative journalism in the 21st Centuryby TEDxTalks2,370 views
- 17:34 TEDxThessaloniki - Michael Zouloumidis - Farming, Entrepreneurship and Astronautsby TEDxTalks1,142 views
- 11:28 TEDxKinnaird - Sonya Rehman - The Power of Citizen Journalismby TEDxTalks2,093 views