VCU "Make it Real"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 17, 2012
Whether you have been at Virginia Commonwealth University for six months or 20 years, you have noticed that we are a university on the rise. We have grown in size and stature. We have joined the ranks of the nation's top 100 research universities. There is energy on campus, pride in our community and national recognition of our accomplishments.
VCU has a postitive momentum on which we must capitalize so that we can continue to attract top students, faculty and staff and compete on a national level. For that reason, this past spring we began a thorough investigation of our brand. The goal was to capture this spirit of achievement and support our Quest for Distinction. We conducted surveys with more than 3,000 faculty, staff and students and interviewed 60 campus, alumni and community leaders. We also reviewed our own communications, our competitors' and branding initiatives at other schools.
The result, which you can see today at www.makeitreal.vcu.edu, is a branding initiative that will help raise regional and national awareness of our university's high-caliber academics and unique, spirited culture. It will strengthen our enrollment, alumni support and reputation as a nationally competitive university.
Starting immediately, you'll see the new brand at work in a focused advertising and communications campaign targeted to prospective students, alumni and influencers. It will be evident on our website, in social media, and on posters and banners across the campus. One of the elements you'll notice right away is a new seal that celebrates our history and integrates our identity as one university.
You'll also notice a new theme line, "Make it real," which underscores VCU's energetic and intensively engaged model of education. This theme is part of an entire brand campaign that demonstrates the mind-opening, life-changing, high-quality learning experience at VCU.
The new brand means greater visibility for every part of VCU. New brand standards have been developed so VCU communications will have a consistent message, look and feel across all platforms. University departments will be asked to use these standards in developing communications materials. The standards enable each department to express its strengths while reinforcing the university's overall visibility. University Relations will work closely with you as the new brand standards are put in place.
With a strong, consistent and relevant brand platform, VCU is prepared to compete at a national level. In the upcoming weeks and months we will let you know more about the brand communications, their impact and your role in letting the world know about the great things going on at VCU.
Learn more about the new VCU brand at http://www.makeitreal.vcu.edu/
Standard YouTube License
- 1:33 VCU "Make it Real" Victor Haskinsby VCU1,345 views
- 3:04 Aaron's Wishby VCU2,969 views
- 1:03 VCU Make it real: Shaka Smartby VCU5,794 views
- 6:06 The Pauley Heart Center at VCUby VCU1,296 views
- 6:13 How to Create a Podcast For Dummiesby fordummies35,140 views
- 3:22 What are the Treatment Options for Pancreatitis? | Q&Aby JohnsHopkinsMedicine5,419 views
- 8:34 Marymount University - Building a Future of Excellence and Distinctionby Webmaster Marymount4,999 views
- 40:59 How to create successful direct marketing with direct mail, QR, personalized communicationby Michael Leander3,195 views
- 5:18 VCU Stuns UVAby vcuathletics1,664 views
- 7:04 Why VCU Brandcenter?by brandcenter1032,255 views
- 3:01 What is Branding?by NorwichBSchool446,184 views
- 12:33 2011 BMW 128i Coupe Review, Walkaround, Exhaustby 2theRedlineLLC12,345 views
- 3:23 Words With Girls Episode 1: Semi-by WordsWithGirls54,231 views
- 4:19 The Jets - Make it real (Lyrics)by Anne Marie303,356 views
- 3:00 CSA Group Unveils 'One CSA' Global Brandby csastandards2,563 views
- 3:55 Garrett Harvey Virginia Commonwealth Universityby Travis Morris76 views
- 5:21 Bonnie Raitt-I Can't Make You Love Me-Live at the 2009 New Orleans Jazz And Heritage Festivalby ZviZeav237,038 views
- 4:17 The Jets - Make it Realby Sergio Ramos7,870 views
- 3:38 2010-2011 VCU Basketball Strength and Conditioningby VCUBasketball22,195 views
- 4:57 How to make a trap floor in minecraftby rotflcoptr54,502 views
- Loading more suggestions...