2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 7, 2011
GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept Takes Heavy-Duty Capability To New Ground
DETROIT -- The GMC Sierra All Terrain HD concept is an exploration of heavy-duty truck capability combined with greater off-road versatility. It is highlighted by a bold exterior design, enhanced all-terrain suspension and premium details expected of a GMC -- all designed to enable greater access to off-road destinations.
The new 2011 Sierra HD underpins the All Terrain HD concept, with a modified, production-based 4WD chassis and the Duramax diesel/Allison 1000 six-speed powertrain. The enhanced suspension and unique body dimensions, including increased ground clearance and wider track, as well as greater approach/departure angles, deliver off-road capability while maintaining HD levels of payload and trailering capacity.
"The Sierra All Terrain HD concept takes GMC's outstanding new HD platform to the next level, marries it to the legendary Duramax diesel/Allison transmission, and provides a heavy-duty expression of GMC's premium All Terrain package," said Lisa Hutchinson, GMC product marketing director. "It delivers the exceptional capabilities of the Sierra HD -- hauling, towing and performance -- and applies them to the toughest driving environments. It's the ultimate professional-grade tool for construction crews, ranchers and adventurers whose activities aren't limited by where the pavement ends."
The Sierra All Terrain HD features a unique five-foot, eight-inch Crew Cab/short box body configuration that supports a wheels-at-the-corners proportion. Shorter in overall length than production Sierra HD models, the concept's dimensions contribute to greater approach/departure angles. Additional off-road elements include:
* Wider, 73-inch (1,853 mm) track for greater stability
* Approximately 3 inches (76 mm) greater ground clearance
* Custom front upper and lower control arms
* Specially constructed Fox off-road shocks with remote fluid reservoirs (integrated in the wheel house liners)
* Front and rear jounce shocks
* Electronic front stabilizer bar disconnection
* 35-inch-tall BFGoodrich KM2 "mud terrain" tires mounted on 20-inch machined aluminum wheels
* Full composite underbody protection.
"The capability-enhancing attributes of the Sierra All Terrain HD build on the already outstanding capabilities offered in the all-new production Sierra HD trucks," said Hutchinson. "Although it is strictly a concept, it is a pretty realistic one."
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Flower" on
- 22:45 Cheap Truck Challenge! - Roadkill Episode 3by MotorTrend Featured 2,981,666
- 11:14 2012 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept $65.000by Christopher Andreu67,251 views
- 10:31 Chevy Duramax Diesel 2011by misterlensmaster29,898 views
- 5:21 GMC All-Terrain HD Concept - 2011 Chicago Auto Showby Kelley Blue Book61,542 views
- 11:10 1965 Chevy Pick Up Twin Superchargedby ScottieDTV152,395 views
- 3:11 2010 GMC Sierra All Terrain Z71by Tyree Ballard208,267 views
- 1:25 2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Conceptby carmgn9632,178 views
- 6:57 2011 GMC Sierra HD Denali Dura Max Dieselby beckmastensouth20,117 views
- 4:51 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Conceptby SupercarHall547,083 views
- 1:10 Bailey's Scotch & Snatch Load Testingby baileystowing9825 views
- 6:38 Vintage Iron - Jerry Robin / Guy Cooper / Brett Cueby MotoSport.com70,568 views
- 2:33 NEW Silverado Lifted Walk Aroundby burrellios270,561 views
- 2:20 Dodge vs. GMC vs. Nissan at Spring Creekby alexrex203,896,804 views
- 1:37 2011-2013 Chevy/GMC 2500HD BDS 6.5'' Lift Kitby BDS Suspension198,230 views
- 1:37 2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept (2011 NAIAS)by carmgn9633,331 views
- 0:57 Duramax stuckby 41NS84,036 views
- 19:27 2014 Ram 2500 HD vs Ford F-250 vs Chevy Silverado 2500 0-60 MPH Mashup Reviewby The Fast Lane Truck172,120 views
- 2:52 ► 2012 GMC All Terrain Sierraby YouCar205,273 views
- 0:55 BEST diesel drag race EVER - Cummins vs Duramaxby PhildoVideo705,861 views
- 8:32 2015 Chevy Silverado & GMC Sierra HD Pickups: Everything You Ever Wanted to Knowby The Fast Lane Truck102,090 views
- Loading more suggestions...