Rachel Maddow TEARS In To Rand Paul For Denying He Questioned Civil Rights Act
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 10, 2013
Remember when Rachel Maddow interviewed then-Senate candidate Rand Paul in 2010 over whether he supported the Civil Rights Act? It was one of the first times Paul got national media attention, since he admitted to having some serious issues with the landmark legislation. So it was with some shock that Maddow reacted to Paul's claim during an event at Howard University today that he "never came out in opposition to the Civil Rights Act." Maddow slammed Paul for trying to run away from something she still remembers very well.
RELATED: Rand Paul Randsplains How Republicans Lost The Black Vote: Black People Just Don't Understand
Maddow reminded viewers that Paul had a somewhat awkward time reaching out to Latino voters in a speech at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce last month, only a day after the GOP released its "autopsy" report recommending they need to do better with minority voters. And Maddow pointed out how Paul had a similarly awkward moment at Howard, when his attempt to call out the crowd for not knowing enough about black history backfired.
But then Maddow ran the clip of Paul stating quite ardently, "I've never questioned the Civil Rights Act, never came out in opposition to the Civil Rights Act." He mentioned "one interview" he did about it, a clear reference to his interview with Maddow three years ago, in which he said that he has concerns with the idea of ordering private business owners to implement non-discriminatory practices. Maddow explained tonight that she "never got a straight answer" from Paul about whether or not he supported it.
But with the GOP only weeks removed from its new plan to reach out to minorities, Maddow asked if Paul is really the "outreach director" the party needs at this time.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:36 Rand Paul Wants To Duel Rachel Maddowby The Young Turks Featured 45,462
- 50:50 "This Is The History Of The Republican Party" Rand Paul Speech At Howard Universityby MOXNEWSd0tC0M7,197 views
- 21:22 Rachel Maddow VS Alex Jonesby EpsilonNewsNetwork13,483 views
- 10:27 THE RACHEL MADDOW SHOW - SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE?by TheMSOwolf13,823 views
- 9:56 Rand Paul on Rachel Maddow Part 1by SocialistLiberal38,104 views
- 8:15 Rachel Maddow Goes After Ron Paul, Alex Jones and Glenn Beckby djgabrielpresents15,190 views
- 14:58 Rachel Maddow Gun Control Rant. Interview With Victoria Soto Sister & Take On Obama Speech.by Les Grossman2,002 views
- 5:40 The GOP Press' Lies vs. The British Press' Honesty on Thatcher(Reagan) Legacyby politicalarticles1,297 views
- 10:46 Maddow: Conservatives Love Liberal Policies, Except When They Learn That Obama Supports Themby incitebytes9,481 views
- 8:54 Rand Paul. Historically INACCURATE Speech At Howard?? Al Sharpton Thinks Soby Les Grossman2,338 views
- 9:15 Rachel Maddow Uses Don Young's 'Wetbacks' Comment To Slam GOP's Latino Outreach Effortsby Les Grossman2,841 views
- 5:06 Rachel Maddow 'Really Psyched' That Limbaugh and Hannity Will Be 'Vetting' 2016 GOP Candidatesby WeAreTheSavageNation5,101 views
- 9:42 Rand Paul on Rachel Maddow Part 2by SocialistLiberal14,242 views
- 18:00 Rachel Maddow: Defying extremist threats, clinic reopens with community support.by krumble1045,035 views
- 5:39 Melissa Harris-Perry Responds to Criticism: What About My Ad Would 'Distress People So Much?'by WeAreTheSavageNation14,420 views
- 54:33 Rachel Maddow 13 April 2013 Tivoli Theater, Pt. 1by Anneli Kunze790 views
- 8:21 Rachel Maddow - Eastwood's terribly timed RNC meltdownby Licentiathe8th47,303 views
- 2:35 Maddow: Not Only Does Fox "News" Think Their Viewers Are Dumb, But That They're Blind, Too!by incitebytes9,966 views
- 7:30 The Rachel Maddow Show - Inappropriate laughter calls Romney sincerity into questionby Licentiathe8th37,766 views
- 1:47 Rachel Maddow on Susana Martinez: Same Bill, 100% less gayby ProgressNowNM3,572 views
- Loading more suggestions...