Obama on McCain's Plans to Cut Medicare
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 17, 2008
October 17, 2008, Roanoke, VA
Obama: Senator McCain's been eager to share some details of his health care plan -- but not all of them. It's like those ads for prescription drugs, you know they start off everybody's running in the field and everybody's happy, then there's the little fine print that says, you know, 'side effects may include...'
Now first of all, we found out that Senator McCain wants to pay for his plan by taxing your health care benefits for the first time in history, just like George Bush. That was bad enough. But the Wall Street Journal recently reported that it was actually worse than we thought. It turns out, Senator McCain would pay for part of his plan by making drastic cuts in Medicare -- $882 billion worth. $882 billion in Medicare cuts to pay for an ill-conceived, badly thought-through health care plan that won't provide more health care to people. Even though Medicare is already facing a looming shortfall.
Now, this should come as no surprise, it's entirely consistent with Senator McCain's record during his 26 years in Congress where, time and again, he's opposed Medicare. In fact, Senator McCain has voted against protecting Medicare 40 times. 40 times, he's failed to stand up for Medicare. So what would Senator McCain's cuts mean for Medicare at a time when more and more Americans are relying on it? It would mean a cut of more than 20 percent in Medicare benefits next year. If you count on Medicare, it would mean fewer places to get care, and less freedom to choose your own doctors. You'll pay more for your drugs, you'll receive fewer services, you'll get lower quality care. I dont think thats right. In fact, it ain't right.
When you've worked hard your whole life, and paid into the system, and done everything right, you shouldn't have the carpet pulled out from under you when you least expect it and can least afford it. It ain't right. Health care shouldn't be some kind of either-or tradeoff where our seniors get left out in the cold. It ain't right.
I think every single American has a right to affordable, accessible health care.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:47 Obama: Cut Social Security, Medicare & Medicaidby The Young Turks Featured 31,116
- 3:09 DNC's Karen Finney on MSNBC - 10/18/08by DemRapidResponse1,364 views
- 9:14 John McCain Ardently OPPOSING Bush Tax Cuts (3/18/03)by DemRapidResponse5,877 views
- 7:10 General Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obamaby DemRapidResponse10,068 views
- 2:35 Obama's Closing Remarks at Charity Dinnerby DemRapidResponse2,535 views
- 10:47 John Mccain's terrible Health Care "plan" vs. Obamaby AntiConformist9116,009 views
- 10:28 Obama at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner 10/16/08by iRIGHTmovies152,422 views
- 39:25 Lego City Undercover - Part 1 - Meet Chase McCainby DavetheUsher62,056 views
- 8:47 Brutally honest interview with Steve Schmidt - Palin "is filled with anger, has a divisive message"by PalinGrifter2012174,621 views
- 9:17 Sen. Barack Obama on health care from SentinelSource.comby SentinelSourceDotCom3,735 views
- 5:10 What has Obama done so far?by Rorty0071,023 views
- 10:05 Liar Mitt Romney Denies Obama's Medicare, 'Safety Net Gutting' Budget Accusationsby politicalarticles346 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel13,533,063 views
- 3:58 Obama Explains His Health Care Planby southsidetokyo900 views
- 7:07 Obama Health Speech Medicare 1by WorldPoliticsMatters714 views
- 3:41 Barack Obama & Alan Keyes debate health care & free tradeby BaineB4322,818 views
- 4:02 Glenn Beck on Obama's Universal Health Careby sensfaninohio19,981 views
- 4:01 Obama's Health Plan In 4 Minutesby UpTakeVideo167,526 views
- 5:47 CNN - Obama: 'That ain't right'by BarackObamaFan1233,349 views
- 1:36:44 C-SPAN: First 2008 Presidential Debate (Full Video)by C-SPAN1,774,000 views
- Loading more suggestions...