Advances In Fetal Care - Boston Children's Hospital
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 25, 2012
Fetal Cardiac Intervention: The Advanced Fetal Care Center at Boston Children's Hospital, the only center in the world that performs fetal cardiac interventions, announced today that it will host the first fetal care international conference at The Conference Center at Harvard Medical School on Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30, 2005. Advances in Fetal Care 2005 will offer education and detail cutting-edge research on the latest treatments and interventions for patients with complex fetal anomalies, as well as expert discussions of state-of-the-art technologies from some of the world's leading practitioners in the diagnosis and treatment of fetal anomalies.
Five hundred clinicians -- physicians, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, OB/Gyns, radiologists and ultrasonographers -- are expected to attend a live webcast which will broadcast a featured panel on fetal cardiac interventions to medical audiences around the world.
"We believe that the sooner an anomaly can be correctly diagnosed, the greater a child's chances of experiencing normal development and health," said AFCC Director Dr. Russell W. Jennings. "Our mission is to share breakthrough treatments in fetal and pediatric medicine and surgery with a broad, multi-disciplinary group in order to significantly improve the quality of life for this special group of newborns through their first years and early childhood. We welcome a wide range of maternal, prenatal and pediatric health care professionals who provide care to these families to this important conference."
Advances in Fetal Care 2005 is an educational program of informative and interactive sessions of interest to obstetricians, prenatal and pediatric cardiologists, perinatologists, ultrasonographers, radiologists, pediatric specialists, neonatologists, geneticists, obstetric and pediatric nurses, and other specialists.
The Advanced Fetal Care Center (AFCC) at Boston Children's Hospital serves families facing complex birth defects and other critical challenges to the health of their unborn and newborn infants. The center holds a place of distinction as the only center that performs fetal cardiac intervention in the world. The center is the only one of its kind in New England and is a national leader in comprehensive fetal care. For additional information visit: www.childrenshospital.org/afcc
Boston Children's Hospital is the nation's leading pediatric medical center, the largest provider of health care to Massachusetts' children, and the primary pediatric teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. In addition to 325 pediatric and adolescent inpatient beds and comprehensive outpatient programs, Boston Children's houses the world's largest research enterprise based at a pediatric medical center, where its discoveries have benefited both children and adults for 136 years. More than 500 scientists, including eight members of the National Academy of Sciences, nine members of the Institute of Medicine and 10 members of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute comprise Boston Children's research community. For more information about the hospital visit: www.childrenshospital.org
Standard YouTube License
- 22:59 Lost Children of the Coal - Chinaby Journeyman Pictures Featured 53,719
- 1:00:50 Serial Transverse Enteroplasty (STEP) - Boston Children's Hospitalby Boston Children's Hospital3,151 views
- 36:48 Pediatric Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve (TPV)by Boston Children's Hospital974 views
- 28:08 Treatment for Osterosarcoma at Boston Children's Hospitalby Boston Children's Hospital7,599 views
- 1:09:48 Aligning the Eyes - Boston Children's Hospitalby Boston Children's Hospital2,290 views
- 41:26 Maximizing Your Child's Potential: Healthy Brain Development in a Media Age (full feature)by ThePCI913 views
- 30:46 Pre-Natal Diagnosis: View from the Wombby Stanford Medicine2,910 views
- 40:33 My Journey Through Brain Surgery!!!by Kristin Daniell7,646 views
- 23:06 Emmy Nominated - Extracting A Deadly Brain Tumorby UMiamiMedicine53,733 views
- 3:16 Call Me Maybe-Boston Children's Hospitalby Lynn a11,200 views
- 4:34 Rastros de um Crime - Irmãs de Sangue - Parte 5/5by YouDocBR5,203 views
- 35:15 Prof. Yves Ville, France, Overviews of fetal surgeryby HamdanMedical237 views
- 1:01:56 Treatment of Thoracic Insufficency Syndrome (TIS) - Boston Children's Hospitalby Boston Children's Hospital1,384 views
- 53:42 "Nova" Life's Greatest Miracle. (2001)by Danny Brunet13,594 views
- 6:13 Meningioma Brain Tumor Symptoms & Treatmentsby NrthShrHlthSystm10,177 views
- 8:12 Brain Cancer Support - What Is Brain Cancer?by CancerCouncilNSW12,774 views
- 13:37 control prenatalby hsjsalgar5,837 views
- 4:14 Tuteve.tv / Cuidado con los dolores de cabeza, podrían ser síntomas de un tumor cerebralby Tuteve ATV1,495 views
- 28:37 Brain Tumor Surgeryby UWTV76,567 views
- 1:15:49 High Risk Pegnancy Lectureby Inova Health System2,317 views
- Loading more suggestions...